"For Justice" The Justice League RPG IC Thread

greenlanternf.png

With the threat on Earth prioritized, it doesn't take a genius to know that the alien's underlings aren't gonna mean a damn thing in the long run. So even though I see the shot from miles above the ground that I could take on our Admiral's fleeing forces, dismantling part of an infantry that could do us some real damage in the long run, I hesitate whenever Clark's command comes through over the comm. Three things about being on the League that you always abide by: 1) you never hit on Wonder Woman without a proper medical insurance, 2) Batman doesn't like handshakes, and 3) You don't argue with Superman.

So I let the alien bastards go running with their tails between their legs. It's the only honorable thing to do, given the circumstances. Besides, if we - no, when we manage to take out their leader, they're not bound to get brave and think they can still take us on. That's how this usually works. Just ask Darkseid's forces.

I turn in place and launch back into the air, knowing the fight's over before it even began. I'm sure that Barry's gonna be able to charter his own way up to the satellite. Otherwise, I'd fly down and give him a lift with me.

RPG6-6.png

"Ring, channel a new course. Watchtower, flight bay."

Proximity Set. Chartering Flight Course.

Sometimes, I forget why I love this thing. This is one of those times that I start to remember.

Minutes later and the hatch bay of the Watchtower opens, allowing me to fly in after the flightspeed gradually decreases from a measily supersonic. A couple of Javelins and Wayne Enterprises shuttlecrafts lie beneath me as I float into the main hall, landing on the ground and entering the private chambers for the founding team. It's a place that's brought great and terrible things with it. Decisions that have affected lives have come out of this room.

Yet at the end of the day, it all still feels like a fancy clubhouse for a few colorfully clad friends.

Entering the room, I flash a smirk, expecting to see Batman's scowling expression at the very least. I always was the fashionably early type.

"Don't tell me I'm the only one here again, guys."

greenlanternf.png

With the threat on Earth prioritized, it doesn't take a genius to know that the alien's underlings aren't gonna mean a damn thing in the long run. So even though I see the shot from miles above the ground that I could take on our Admiral's fleeing forces, dismantling part of an infantry that could do us some real damage in the long run, I hesitate whenever Clark's command comes through over the comm. Three things about being on the League that you always abide by: 1) you never hit on Wonder Woman without a proper medical insurance, 2) Batman doesn't like handshakes, and 3) You don't argue with Superman.

So I let the alien bastards go running with their tails between their legs. It's the only honorable thing to do, given the circumstances. Besides, if we - no, when we manage to take out their leader, they're not bound to get brave and think they can still take us on. That's how this usually works. Just ask Darkseid's forces.

I turn in place and launch back into the air, knowing the fight's over before it even began. I'm sure that Barry's gonna be able to charter his own way up to the satellite. Otherwise, I'd fly down and give him a lift with me.

RPG6-6.png

"Ring, channel a new course. Watchtower, flight bay."

Proximity Set. Chartering Flight Course.

Sometimes, I forget why I love this thing. This is one of those times that I start to remember.

Minutes later and the hatch bay of the Watchtower opens, allowing me to fly in after the flightspeed gradually decreases from a measily supersonic. A couple of Javelins and Wayne Enterprises shuttlecrafts lie beneath me as I float into the main hall, landing on the ground and entering the private chambers for the founding team. It's a place that's brought great and terrible things with it. Decisions that have affected lives have come out of this room.

Yet at the end of the day, it all still feels like a fancy clubhouse for a few colorfully clad friends.

Entering the room, I flash a smirk, expecting to see Batman's scowling expression at the very least. I always was the fashionably early type.

"Don't tell me I'm the only one here again, guys."

supermanlogo.gif

Superman sees that Green Lantern has arrived and steps forward from the control room.

He says, "No you're not the only one here Lantern."

Superman turns back to the monitor and keeps studying the Admiral's speech over and over. As though he were an athlete studying an opponent.

Superman says, "I got a couple of different ideas, but I need some feedback and some of the other members to gain another perspective."

He looks over at the clock and says, "It's taking all my strength to keep from going down there at super-speed smashing through the Oval Office and taking the Admiral up and out of the atmosphere."

Superman shakes his head and says, "I know that's not how we work, and he has the President and his staff held hostage somewhere. For now we wait until the others arrive and go from there. I just hope it's soon."

supermanlogo.gif

Superman sees that Green Lantern has arrived and steps forward from the control room.

He says, "No you're not the only one here Lantern."

Superman turns back to the monitor and keeps studying the Admiral's speech over and over. As though he were an athlete studying an opponent.

Superman says, "I got a couple of different ideas, but I need some feedback and some of the other members to gain another perspective."

He looks over at the clock and says, "It's taking all my strength to keep from going down there at super-speed smashing through the Oval Office and taking the Admiral up and out of the atmosphere."

Superman shakes his head and says, "I know that's not how we work, and he has the President and his staff held hostage somewhere. For now we wait until the others arrive and go from there. I just hope it's soon."

"It will be Kal," I say having emerged from the teleporters and following behind Jordan. "And we won't let this act go unpunished. Once we're together, we'll work out a plan, and make these invaders wish they've never heard of Earth. Just like all of the others that try to impose their will on our world."

logouom.jpg

Firestorm had just disabled another jet when they all turned and flew away. He looked on flabbergasted and also a little relieved. For a moment, he actually thought they had won. And that he had played a key role in the battle.

“Yes!” he whooped and although he was already levitating, it looked like the young hero made a little jump in the air. “Detroit wins!”
“Jason?” Gehenna interrupted his celebration, her head appearing as a mental projection beside him. “I don’t think they’re running.”
Firestorm frowned and then used his powers to pick up a piece of pipe laying on the floor. In his hands, it turned into a telescope. His mouth dropped open as his eye followed the ships. They were going to Washington.

Then the call came in.

"All members report to the Watchtower! NOW!"

He looked to J’onn, who had already deduced the invaders’ course and had decided on their next action. Together, they found the nearest teleporter and went to the Watchtower. As they entered the meeting room, Firestorm walked behind the Martian Manhunter, letting the immense Watchtower sink in on him. They’d been there a few times now, but it was still a thrill.

Then he saw Superman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. His mouth opened slightly. That was a thrill too.

supermanlogo.gif

"It will be Kal," "And we won't let this act go unpunished. Once we're together, we'll work out a plan, and make these invaders wish they've never heard of Earth. Just like all of the others that try to impose their will on our world."

Superman was trying very hard not to smile at Diana. In all the years they had served together one thing Superman never got tired of or took for granted was Diana's confidence in justice triumphing over evil. It always gave him a sense of focus and a drive not fail her or those he was charged with leading into battle.

Superman says to Diana, "It's times like these I'm glad you're on our side."

Then he saw Superman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. His mouth opened slightly. That was a thrill too.

Superman sees J'onn and Firestorm enter.

He nods at Firestorm seeing that he is in awe of being with the others and says, "Good to see you Firestorm we're gonna need your help."

Superman looks at the gathering and says, "We don't have time to wait for Flash or Batman. They're both smart and quick studies they should be able to figure out my idea."

He gathers his thoughts and says, "First off we will not surrender! If we do that the planet is doomed. My plan calls for a divide and conquer approach."

Superman punches up an arial view of Washington DC on the view screen and he draws circles on few out lying areas as well and says, "Already people and military units from the DelMarVa Area and Pennsylvania are organizing into resistance units with others coming in from across the country. We cannot stop them and fight the invaders at the same time. So we might as well use them and I am certain other heroes will be willing to join in the fight along the way."

He turns to the gathering and says, "We will each one take command of a group and lead them. I know that these are civilians but they want to fight for their right to live, and if they want to do that who are we to stop them. They know they are risking their lives and they are doing it wthout any super-powers what so ever. If we surrender then it will be lambs to the slaughter at least this way we give them the edge over the enemy that they need."

Superman looks at J'onn and says, "You have one of the biggest roles in this plan of all J'onn. Listening to the Admiral's speech he had a lot of self-centered talk about what he can do, and if there is one thing I've learned over the years is that every dictator always forgets one key factor. The enemy within the traitors within the ranks. Subversive from within. I need you to find the traitors within the ranks. Make contact with them, find out everything you can about them, and aid them where you can. Keep us updated as needed."

He turns back to the gathering and says, "I realize that we are supposed to meet on the White House Lawn in the next 20 minutes. Now we are going to throw the Admiral a curve ball."

Superman steadies himself and says, "I am going to announce the League has disbanded. This way there is League to surrender to him. We will pick a unit and leave here. We go our seperate ways to a respective unit and lead them. Once J'onn has updated us then we will plan our next move from there."

Superman looks at the group and says, "I know that this isn't the best plan I've ever come up with, and I'm willing to listen to other options, but right now time is NOT on our side! Our planet is waiting for us to save it and if we don't act soon there won't be one left to save."

Superman looks at each member and says, "Other options. I'll listen. Otherwise divide and conqure goes forward as is."

greenlanternf.png

Sounds like somebody's fired up.

I simply smirk to myself and watch from the corner of the room, waiting for anyone else to volunteer their suggestions. You can't really blame the guy for wanting this fight, to be honest. When it comes to threatening everything America stands for as a country and taking the fight directly to the steps of White House, no one ever reacts more strongly than Superman. You'd be nuts to not wanna follow the guy into battle.

At the same time, something about this divide and conquer stuff doesn't sit right with me. True, we'll weaken the Admiral's defenses with a direct assault and gradually force him to surrender himself to US Troops, but we don't know how powerful these aliens actually are. Believe me, coming from a member of the Green Lantern Corps, you never want to judge an alien by it's cover. Some of the tiniest bugs in the universe have been able to fight off entire armies. The Admiral himself could be a powerhouse that surrounds himself with a fleet of forces just to throw his enemies off.

"If we wanted to explore alternate theories, there's the deception approach. I'm sure a pointy-eared associate of our's would advocate it more than anyone,"

Using my ring, I create a miniaturized construct of the White House grounds. Then create possible attack positions all around the grounds for the Admiral's troops to be stationed at.

"We take Clark's idea of J'onn's shape-shifting his way into the White House, but we turn it up on it's head by using our frontline attackers to negotiate a peaceful surrender rather than a disbandment. Trust me, I know the type. Big man with big words, he's gonna want to gloat about any sort of success. So just when he thinks he has it, J'onn sneaks into the oval office to get the President and staff to safety. Clark and Diana engage the main forces inside, me and Firestorm can make waste of the tanks outside. We all reconvene to take the Admiral himself down."

The construct fades. I shrug.

"Big fight, he loses, we hand him over to Cadmus. Celebrations all around."

greenlanternf.png

Sounds like somebody's fired up.

I simply smirk to myself and watch from the corner of the room, waiting for anyone else to volunteer their suggestions. You can't really blame the guy for wanting this fight, to be honest. When it comes to threatening everything America stands for as a country and taking the fight directly to the steps of White House, no one ever reacts more strongly than Superman. You'd be nuts to not wanna follow the guy into battle.

At the same time, something about this divide and conquer stuff doesn't sit right with me. True, we'll weaken the Admiral's defenses with a direct assault and gradually force him to surrender himself to US Troops, but we don't know how powerful these aliens actually are. Believe me, coming from a member of the Green Lantern Corps, you never want to judge an alien by it's cover. Some of the tiniest bugs in the universe have been able to fight off entire armies. The Admiral himself could be a powerhouse that surrounds himself with a fleet of forces just to throw his enemies off.

"If we wanted to explore alternate theories, there's the deception approach. I'm sure a pointy-eared associate of our's would advocate it more than anyone,"

Using my ring, I create a miniaturized construct of the White House grounds. Then create possible attack positions all around the grounds for the Admiral's troops to be stationed at.

"We take Clark's idea of J'onn's shape-shifting his way into the White House, but we turn it up on it's head by using our frontline attackers to negotiate a peaceful surrender rather than a disbandment. Trust me, I know the type. Big man with big words, he's gonna want to gloat about any sort of success. So just when he thinks he has it, J'onn sneaks into the oval office to get the President and staff to safety. Clark and Diana engage the main forces inside, me and Firestorm can make waste of the tanks outside. We all reconvene to take the Admiral himself down."

The construct fades. I shrug.

"Big fight, he loses, we hand him over to Cadmus. Celebrations all around."

supermanlogo.gif

Superman says to Lantern, "Only one real problem we are assuming that The President and his staff are being held in the Oval Office. He just said that he had them held hostage. Never said where and we don't know if the President is being held to with any weapons to his head or in an underground bunker."

He nods and says, "I do like the idea of being inside the Oval Office with him. Clark Kent knows a few people within the White House Media department. He could call in a couple of favors and get in for an interview with him along with a staff photographer," he turns to J'onn and smiles "that could help us out."

Superman then addresses the group and says, "That's an idea for the long term, right now though time is ticking down and we need to start pulling in more ideas and integrating them in if the Earth is to have a chance."

He nods and says, "I do like the idea of being inside the Oval Office with him. Clark Kent knows a few people within the White House Media department. He could call in a couple of favors and get in for an interview with him along with a staff photographer," he turns to J'onn and smiles "that could help us out."

Superman then addresses the group and says, "That's an idea for the long term, right now though time is ticking down and we need to start pulling in more ideas and integrating them in if the Earth is to have a chance."

"Your idea is sound... but the psychic readings coming out of Washington indicate that the White House is on lockdown. No entrance or exit, save for the Admiral and his forces... and then there's the military gathering. Amry, Navy, Air Force, Marines, from American and around the planet. It appears they are all gathering to take the fight to the Admiral."

Suddenly, the Watchtower's teleporter kicks on and Batman, Flash, and Booster appear with the rest of the League.

"I can easily infiltrate the White House, but I will need help, and so will the military."

[OOC]

As leader of the JLA, Superman, the choice falls on you.

Pick two JLA members to assist Martian Manhunter's infiltration into the White House, three to provide support for the military resistance, and two to meet the Admiral.

[OOC]

I let the ideas flow, giving them due consideration.

"What you've said has merit. All of you. So I suggest combining the plans. Clark Kent and his ace photographer Michael Carter get into the White House under the guise of getting an interview with Earth's new 'Leader'. While J'onn can freely explore the grounds looking for the President."

"Meanwhile, Firestorm and I can meet with the Admiral directly to negotiate a peace. And keep him distracted as John, Barry, and Batman coordinate and lead the attacks."

The team looks at me. I cross my arms and smile knowingly. Sometimes they forget that some of us have been trained to be warriors.

"It is just a suggestion."

logouom.jpg

Firestorm hoped they couldn’t hear his heart pounding in his chest as he listened to all of the suggestions. He didn’t feel qualified to say or do anything. They were the Justice League, he was just… what was he, really? He was Firestorm, sure, but what had he done? These people had saved the world over a hundred times. How many times had managed that? Once, twice? He shifted his weight from one foot to the other. Gehenna noticed how uncomfortable her boyfriend was and knew what to do.

“What’s the matter, Jason? You’re just that as much of a hero as any of these guys,” she said to him mentally, as the disembodied psychic projection floated in front of the back of Green Lantern’s head. “Who is this guy, really?” she snorted.
Firestorm shook his head (slightly), not wanting to compound his rookie reputation by speaking to his invisible girlfriend. “Cut it out.” he whispered.

Gehenna rolled her eyes. Then Wonder Woman spoke up.

Firestorm hoped they couldn’t hear his heart.

I let the ideas flow, giving them due consideration.

"What you've said has merit. All of you. So I suggest combining the plans. Clark Kent and his ace photographer Michael Carter get into the White House under the guise of getting an interview with Earth's new 'Leader'. While J'onn can freely explore the grounds looking for the President."

"Meanwhile, Firestorm and I can meet with the Admiral directly to negotiate a peace. And keep him distracted as John, Barry, and Batman coordinate and lead the attacks."

The team looks at me. I cross my arms and smile knowingly. Sometimes they forget that some of us have been trained to be warriors.

"It is just a suggestion."

supermanlogo.gif

Superman turns to Diana and says, "That's not a suggestion Diana."

He then smiles and nods, "That's a good plan. Each mission plays to each person's strength. Let's carry it out to the letter."

Superman turns to Booster and says, "We'll need to stop off at the Daily Planet and negotiate with Perry and call in a couple of favors to get us into the White House. I know they're on lockdown but the people I know can still get us in. Meet me in the back alley about three doors down from the Office. It's one of my favorite changing places."

Superman turns to the group and says, "We have our respective missions before us. Let's get to it the world isn't saving itself. It's looking for heroes to show the way. Let's show The Admiral what happens when someone tries to take down our planet on our watch."

With Superman takes off to the Earth and lands in the nearby alley and quickly transforms back into Clark Kent.

'Favorite changing place'? Too much information there, Supes.

I create a bubble construct with my ring and allow a door to open. Turning to the rest of the group, I give a sly grin. If there's anything we need right now, it's a bit of lighthearted fun.

"All aboard. Next stop, planet Earth."

Once we're back in the atmosphere, we split up as we head towards the ground. Our three teams ready to take on their roles. While we all head toward Washington, we'll be landing in very different settings indeed.

"Firestorm, slow down," I say to my young comrade. "We need to give the others time to get into position. There's no point in being a distraction if there's nothing to distract from. Follow me, and we'll help the civilians with the damage and injured until the time is right. J'onn will let us know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"