Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman

Honestly... I love Gal, but public statements are not her thing. She's getting torn apart on social media right now.

But that particular statement read as if it had been vetted by teams of lawyers and PR people to be noncontroversial -- a collection of boilerplate platitudes.

But that particular statement read as if it had been vetted by teams of lawyers and PR people to be noncontroversial -- a collection of boilerplate platitudes.
Then she needs new PR people. This is going down possibly worse than the "Imagine" fiasco.

It baffles me that this is what folks on Twitter chose to get up in arms over. In particular since I'd wager next to none of the folks up in arms have a knowledgeable opinion on the matter beyond reading headlines and teetsw. If it's controversial, it's because people just want it to be. Not every public figure needs to give some blanket, both sides good argument anytime they choose to make a statement.

I give it a day or less before the internet finds something else to get outraged over.

The issue that Gadot was talking about has always been controversial regardless of what side of the issue you're on, so it's really not shocking that the reaction to her statement is polarized.

The Isreali and Palestinian issue is has always a raw nerve in terms of people's views about it, so the response is fairly predictable.

It's just that Gadot is facing the same intense reaction that other politicians and celebrities have faced for commenting on the situation in the past.

It baffles me that this is what folks on Twitter chose to get up in arms over. In particular since I'd wager next to none of the folks up in arms have a knowledgeable opinion on the matter beyond reading headlines and teetsw. If it's controversial, it's because people just want it to be. Not every public figure needs to give some blanket, both sides good argument anytime they choose to make a statement.

I give it a day or less before the internet finds something else to get outraged over.
Maybe, just maybe, it’s because she’s one of the few famous Israeli celebrities, who not only has been firm in her stance in supporting Israel, but also literally a veteran of their army.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s because she’s one of the few famous Israeli celebrities, who not only has been firm in her stance in supporting Israel, but also literally a veteran of their army.

Eh, the army thing to be used against her doesn't apply imo. Mandatory. Same thing with actors and singers doing so in Korea etc. She was also basically physical gym teacher in the sense. No boots on the ground type thing. Her comment was badly timed tho, I can see her American ''team'' hitting their heads on the table.

Honestly... I love Gal, but public statements are not her thing. She's getting torn apart on social media right now.

By the same people who have always hated her because of her nationality.
giphy.gif

I don't know... when Ted Cruz retweets and supports your statement, it would make me question my words.

Either way, I think the vitriol she's receiving is above and beyond. A lot of talk about Brie Larson unfollowing her on SM but I'm not sure she ever followed her

She is an Israeli woman who supports her country. Did anyone really expect anything different?
And I don't say it as a good or bad thing, just entirely predictable.
If Australia is attacked does anyone really expect Russell Crowe or Cate Blanchett not to express support for their country?

She is an Israeli woman who supports her country. Did anyone really expect anything different?
And I don't say it as a good or bad thing, just entirely predictable.
If Australia is attacked does anyone really expect Russell Crowe or Cate Blanchett not to express support for their country?

Well if they supported evictions of Aborgine people from their homes and their bombardment then I'm sure they'd face backlash too. I don't hate Gadot, I even get where she's coming from but I'm frankly over the "Snyderverse" / DCEU. Jason Momoa is the only lead that isn't controversial at this point. From Whedon to Johns to Fisher to Gadot to Affleck to Snyder, like who hasn't been a disaster one way or another? all these people have done incredible damage to the brands. The movies haven't exactly been hits either barring only the first Wonder Woman and even that's coming across as a fluke now. Heck, even Miller attacked a woman.

I really hope Johnson, Keaton, Gunn and Momoa can save this franchise but as a Batman fan first and foremost I'm glad that the character has largely moved past this trainwreck.

As I've said before, the Israeli/ Palestinian issue is always a hot button one regardless of whether you're an Israeli celebrity speaking about it or not.

You can't win.

No, I'm not surprised that Gadot feels the way she does, but we also can't be shocked at the backlash, since ,whatever she said, pro or con, she would get it it .

There's a reason alot of Hollywood actors don't comment on the issue, even though it's gone on for decades.

It's kryptonite ,and they know they can't win, because inevitably , you'll offend one side or the other.

My feelings on the issue aside, I feel like the majority of "film twitter" or "cbm movie twitter" is very young. I'm talking 21 and under, and it's pretty much their whole lives. You can't go a day without seeing the same type of comments from different people. Honestly, it's at the point where everything is a soundbite.

A lot of it tends to be bandwagon stuff like it's almost trendy even if you have no idea what the subject matter is about.

Then she needs new PR people. This is going down possibly worse than the "Imagine" fiasco.

She's made a similar comment in the past like...2 years ago? And Rihanna just put out a very similar comment to Gals. It's one of those things that is hot in the moment but doesn't hold any longevity. Some will dislike her while the majority will continue to move on and watch her movies as they've done in the past.

She's made a similar comment in the past like...2 years ago? And Rihanna just put out a very similar comment to Gals. It's one of those things that is hot in the moment but doesn't hold any longevity. Some will dislike her while the majority will continue to move on and watch her movies as they've done in the past.
I think that Gal is well meaning. I don't think she ever says or does anything to be malicious or with an agenda. I do however think she sometimes misses the mark ever so slightly and needs to perhaps read the room a bit better (ie. the "Imagine" nonsense) This isn't her first rodeo so she was probably aware her statement would be provocative no matter what (which is why she disabled comments)

I've been a fan of her for a long time now (since Fast 5) and she's not perfect but she has the kindest heart.

This isn't her first rodeo so she was probably aware her statement would be provocative no matter what (which is why she disabled comments)

To be fair, she isn't the only one. After Natalie Portman reposted a post from Viola Davis criticising Israel's expulsion of Palestinians in Sheikh Jarrah, she was inundated with vitriolic comments from Israeli nationalists calling her a "traitor" and a "Hamas agent". As a result, she's now disabled comments on all her posts and has unliked Viola Davis' original post.

I've been a fan of her for a long time now (since Fast 5) and she's not perfect but she has the kindest heart.

I agree that she has good intentions, but she would probably do well to steer clear of this subject in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"