• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Game Recommendations

Lily Adler

🎼 Insanely Delicious 🎭
Reaction score
Hey guys I know Avengers Alliance is top priority here in this section of the Hype, but I was wondering if you can fit in some time for some game recommendations. I'm interested in quite a few games that have been released or will be released soon. The following are some I'm considering heavily, but will be also open to some more picks:

• Shovel Knight
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Spelunky
  • Dark Souls
  • Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (I've heard Online is horrible)
  • Bioshock Infinite (I hate FPS, but like Metroid Prime, I can overlook it for great storytelling)
  • Fallout 3 or Vegas
  • Cuphead
  • A Hat in Time
  • DC Universe Online
  • Sega All-Stars Racing
  • Sonic Generations
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
Any other suggestions or are there any suggestions you disagree with?

So I may add Vogar the Viking to my list. It looks fun and from what I have heard, it's pretty unforgiving game harkening to the difficulty of the NES era or gaming.

I'm also adding Dragonball Xenoverse (despite the crappy online servers), Yooka and Laylee, and the Mighty No. 9 to my list. I'm looking forward to those. :D

Hey guys I know Avengers Alliance is top priority here in this section of the Hype, but I was wondering if you can fit in some time for some game recommendations. I'm interested in quite a few games that have been released or will be released soon. The following are some I'm considering heavily, but will be also open to some more picks:

• Shovel Knight
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Spelunky
  • Dark Souls
  • Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (I've heard Online is horrible)
  • Bioshock Infinite (I hate FPS, but like Metroid Prime, I can overlook it for great storytelling)
  • Fallout 3 or Vegas
  • Cuphead
  • A Hat in Time
  • DC Universe Online
  • Sega All-Stars Racing
  • Sonic Generations
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
Any other suggestions or are there any suggestions you disagree with?

The games I bolded are ones that I can vouch for.

What other kind of games are you looking for?

Platformers or dungeon crawlers with a semblance of a plot. I don't mind sandbox games, but I do grow tired of them overtime.

If you like open world games with a great story, I'd highly recommend Deadly Premonition. It is one of my favorite games I've ever played (I've bought it three times by now for different systems) and it's basically Twin Peaks the video game, minus the TP trademark. :D You can usually get it for $20 or so with all the DLC included although the DLC is just cosmetic things so if you just get the vanilla version you aren't missing much besides a few extra costumes or cars.

I'm a huge Fallout fan and put hundreds of hours into FO3 and NV. Same with Oblivion and Skyrim. They're great games to just wander about in and explore as they have hundreds of places to go and miles in any direction just to travel.

The Bioshock series (except 2) is a great one and Infinite has an amazing story with kind of okay FPS elements. I usually have saves at the important parts of the story and load those up when I just want to deal with story and minimum fighting.

Platformers or dungeon crawlers with a semblance of a plot. I don't mind sandbox games, but I do grow tired of them overtime.

Not all of these are specifically what you're asking for, but they are all cool games.

Cave Story
La-Mulana
Rogue Legacy
Freedom Planet
Hell Yeah!
Shantae
Super Meat Boy
Wings of Vi
Guacamelee
Grow Home
Tiny and Big
Jamestown
Gemini Rue
Machinarium

If you are looking for a great PC game, Ark: Survival Evolved is the way to go.

Okay I looked up most of you guys' suggestions. I'm not gonna play any until I save up money for a Gaming HTPC.

I would also like to add Overwatch, Battleborn, World of Warcraft Legion, Doom, Counter Strike in my list. In all World of Warcraft Legion is my most favorite game. When I got the release news of World of Warcraft Legion I Couldn't stop myself to Buy World of Warcraft Legion from Instant-gaming. I may appreciate the list you have posted above, in the list above Sega All-Stars Racing Sonic Generations are the games which I will add to my list.

Not all of these are specifically what you're asking for, but they are all cool games.

Cave Story
La-Mulana
Rogue Legacy
Freedom Planet
Hell Yeah!
Shantae
Super Meat Boy

Wings of Vi
Guacamelee
Grow Home
Tiny and Big
Jamestown
Gemini Rue
Machinarium
I've definitely put these on my list of games. I'm on the fence with Guacamelee for some odd reason and the others underlined ...

I would also like to add Overwatch, Battleborn, World of Warcraft Legion, Doom, Counter Strike in my list. In all World of Warcraft Legion is my most favorite game. When I got the release news of World of Warcraft Legion I Couldn't stop myself to Buy World of Warcraft Legion from Instant-gaming. I may appreciate the list you have posted above, in the list above Sega All-Stars Racing Sonic Generations are the games which I will add to my list.
I'm actually considering joining this Overwatch craze. Doom looks interesting, but I've never played a Doom game before.

Also adding: Super Time Force Ultra (though partial nudity warning gives me pause), Dead by Daylight, The Forest, and Prison Architect (although I don't like how graphic the beginning story is [blackout]too much side boob and conveniently covered genitalia[/blackout].

Last edited:
I've definitely put these on my list of games. I'm on the fence with Guacamelee for some odd reason

Can you think of why that might be?

It's a Metroidvania with really beautiful art design and a really great combat system. I'm not trying to pressure you into buying it, do what you want, I don't really care, but it is a really great game.

I'm actually considering joining this Overwatch craze. Doom looks interesting, but I've never played a Doom game before.

Doom and Overwatch are both great, especially Doom if you like shooters with good campaigns and/or fast, responsive, tight, well-designed gameplay. Also, you don't need to have played any of the previous games to enjoy the new Doom. There are lots of easter eggs and references and things like that that won't get, but those are just little extras that wouldn't have any bearing on whether or not you enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Can you think of why that might be?

It's a Metroidvania with really beautiful art design and a really great combat system. I'm not trying to pressure you into buying it, do what you want, I don't really care, but it is a really great game.
It may be the luchador motif that I've never really cared for, but I may give it a shot in the future.

Doom and Overwatch are both great, especially Doom if you like shooters with good campaigns and/or fast, responsive, tight, well-designed gameplay. Also, you don't need to have played any of the previous games to enjoy the new Doom. There are lots of easter eggs and references and things like that that won't get, but those are just little extras that wouldn't have any bearing on whether or not you enjoy the game.
Thanks.

Wrong thread. :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"