The Rise of Skywalker General Star Wars Episode IX News/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure we'll see Hux attempt a coup.

We'll also see a rebuilding of the Resistance, since at the end of TLJ Poe and Leia's small group were all that remained. Now they have to go out and basically start from scratch to stop the FO.

Frankly they shouldn't waste time showing the Rebellion rebuilding. Have the Rebellion fully established at the start of Episode 9. I assume there will be a time gap of at least 1-3 years between TLJ and Episode 9. That's plenty of time for the Rebellion to have grown into a sizable army.

Agreed, they need a time jump. It's the last movie in the entire saga so they won't have a lot of time to waste. They'll have a lot to cover.

Wonder if we'll see the kid with the broom at the end of TLJ again?

I doubt it's the last film in the saga. We'll get an Episode 10 at some point. Most likely within the next 10 years. Plus some things can be left open ended and revisited in other side star wars films set after Episode 9. No need to tie everything in a bow.

hPx2aUz.jpg

4SI7RS1.jpg

svqoe7p.jpg

Rian Johnson claimed he didn't know how to write two dudes on an adventure because they were so similar.

EDIT: Forget it. Whatever.

Last edited:
Rian Johnson claimed he didn't know how to write two dudes on an adventure because they were so similar.
Well we already know JJ can do that. :cwink:

I really like their looks. Seems there is a new Rebellion color scheme of sorts.

He had some kind of significant training in the year between V and VI that, to my knowledge, is still undefined.

You don't know that. All we have to go on is what's on film, and we don't get any indication on why/how he's that much better in Jedi than he was in Empire on-film. It seems strongly hinted he hasn't been back to Dagobah between movies though. There's wiggle room with the whole ghost thing, Obi appearing before him, but seems he hasn't been back for any more in-person training with Yoda.

Also, he was hanging with Obi for, what, 24 hours in ANH? Obi ididn't teach him jack in that movie beyond the vague philosophy stuff. This Rey "Mary Sue" stuff is way overblown.

Loving these IX pics though, definite Western vibe about the whole thing. A grassy plain planet will be cool in live-action too, something a little different. Looks a lot like Lothal, even if I doubt it's actually Lothal.

Cool new looks for Finn & Poe, too.

I hope JJ actually gives us some dynamic visually interesting planets this time. TFA had a Tatooine clone, a Coruscant Clone, a Hoth/Deathstar bastard planet, a Resistance base that wasnt much of anything, and Maz's planet was a earth-like forest with a stone castle.

Rian's new planets weren't much better but they at least had a certain bizarre quality to them.

The First Order should have control of the Core by the time of Episode IX so it's about time to go somewhere bigger and more impressive in this film. Rather than keeping the story centered on desolate BFE planets in the outerim.

I hope JJ actually gives us some dynamic visually interesting planets this time. TFA had a Tatooine clone, a Coruscant Clone, a Hoth/Deathstar bastard planet, a Resistance base that wasnt much of anything, and Maz's planet was a earth-like forest with a stone castle.

With the alien horses and hill landscape that location could be some kind of grassland planet, which would be something different. Naboo had a little of that imagery, but those set pics look straight out of a western. Wyoming in space, furry horses saddlebacked. It's a different, more overt flavor of western than Tatooine and the cantina.

Dominic Monaghan Re-Unites With JJ Abrams In ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’
https://deadline.com/2018/08/star-wars-episode-ix-dominic-monaghan-jj-abrams-1202451972/
Dominic Monaghan is joining the cast of Star Wars: Episode IX, Not sure what role he will be playing, but he’s set, and it reunites him with J.J. Abrams, with whom he did the ABC series Lost.

“The galaxy far far away has had almost as much influence as the one I live in, so I am delighted to be involved,” Monaghan said.

Interesting! Shame he wasn’t in from earlier.

Yes to the Finn and Poe bromance being back.

Hope for the best expect the worst?

Why do I feel like Monaghan is playing an alien?

Yay to new pics and yay to the bromance returning.

Frankly they shouldn't waste time showing the Rebellion rebuilding. Have the Rebellion fully established at the start of Episode 9. I assume there will be a time gap of at least 1-3 years between TLJ and Episode 9. That's plenty of time for the Rebellion to have grown into a sizable army.

This is partly why I'm rooting for a revolt-among-the-ranks type deal. I kinda hope the Resistance remain relatively small, a guerrilla outfit that instigates coups and inspires the downtrodden.

Rian's new planets weren't much better but they at least had a certain bizarre quality to them.

The First Order should have control of the Core by the time of Episode IX so it's about time to go somewhere bigger and more impressive in this film. Rather than keeping the story centered on desolate BFE planets in the outerim.

Yeah, while I appreciate the use of locations in the ST, I would love to see some more imaginative locales this time around. For all of the problems of the PT, the planets were not one of them. Kamino was wonderful.

Nah, I'll go a step further than bromance, I want StormPilot to be a thing. :funny:

Finn's pants remind me of Han's. They had a stripe at one point too.

I really like the look of these pics. Like what they are wearing and the sense of adventure. Plus it looks different to what we've seen so far.

Nah, I'll go a step further than bromance, I want StormPilot to be a thing. :funny:

Finn's pants remind me of Han's. They had a stripe at one point too.

Yeah, I got that vibe from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back