The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's discuss all general news and speculation here.!!

Well I somewhat I agree but I laugh that some people say that. Because I remember that is one thing I loved about Nolan's Batman Trilogy especially the first two. I loved Maggie as Rachael because she was not some hot bombshell....and I remember people complaining so much about her, calling her "dog face" ect. When in reality she just looked like a normal person.

Yes, I also thought that she was great.

Agreed. However I won't mind if it is a beautiful girl they have, but not some overly Michael Bay style stuff. To me I see what your saying and just would agree don't overly sex them up. A little is fine, but no over the top stuff. Though maybe one scene like Leia in a metal bikini lol. A little is okay.

Leia in her metal bikini is broadly remembered as such a sexy spectacle, with so many replica costumes sold to so many nerds' girlfriends, precisely because it stood out in what was otherwise quite an innocent movie. We had learned to like and respect Leia by then, and she had proven herself to be rather prim, still treating Han mean and keeping him keen despite telling him that she loved him when he appeared to be going to his death.

Seeing her in her undies meant something.

Well I somewhat I agree but I laugh that some people say that. Because I remember that is one thing I loved about Nolan's Batman Trilogy especially the first two. I loved Maggie as Rachael because she was not some hot bombshell....and I remember people complaining so much about her, calling her "dog face" ect. When in reality she just looked like a normal person.

I just think the Rachel character was pretty terrible overall. Not really Maggie's fault or even Katie Holmes. As for Maggie being ugly? I mean, who are we to judge? I wouldn't kick her out of bed lol.

Well her character was better than anything produced in the prequels that's for sure ;)

As for the other part it's the internet. Some are so studly that they have to be an 11 out of 10 for them to even waste oxygen on them.

Natalie's midriff was hot, and she is an amazing actor, but the second she would open her mouth in these films I would cry. I can stand anything Rachael says over..."Anakin...you're breaking my heart!"

Like I've said before, it seemed only Ewan actually gave a damn and tried. Even then, he had his "moments".

No he did. Ewan was perfectly cast, I just wish he had more of a script to go on. He was Obi-Wan through and through. And he did give it his all. I would say he was my favorite character in the prequels.

I thought Ewan improved throughout the prequels, though he was no Alec Guinness.

The next best actors were probably the babies that briefly played Luke and Leia.

As for Hayden...I don't know how George Lucas talked himself into that decision.

I loved Maggie as Rachael because she was not some hot bombshell....and I remember people complaining so much about her, calling her "dog face" ect. When in reality she just looked like a normal person.
My issues with Maggie had to do with her performance. She's a talented actress, but when it came to Rachel i thought Katie did a better job. She was more believable to me as Rachel. For me it's difficult watching Maggie.

My one gripe concerning Obi-Wan in the PT is that he had very little to do in TPM. I feel it would have been more powerful if Obi-Wan was the one who found Anakin and fought the council to train him from the start, not Qui-Gon.

But.. back to episode VII discussion ;)

My issues with Maggie had to do with her performance. She's a talented actress, but when it came to Rachel i thought Katie did a better job. She was more believable to me as Rachel. For me it's difficult watching Maggie.

Maggie was actually believable when she sat next to Harvey Dent in the court room scenes. Katie was about as believable as a DA as Kate Bosworth was as a tough reporter, or a mom.

Ewan was a great Obi-Wan. And Hayden was great in ROTS. That is all.

Like I've said before, it seemed only Ewan actually gave a damn and tried. Even then, he had his "moments".

I thought Ian McDiarmid was pretty good in ROTS, he was really fun to watch & it seemed like he was having the time of his life.

He was fine. Still can't get my head around him being the same actor from ROTJ.

I liked Hayden in AOTC, but didn't like some of his moments in ROTS.

I liked Hayden in AOTC, but didn't like some of his moments in ROTS.
See, I'm the opposite. I think he has the least good about him in AOTC, and was a lot better in ROTS. I like the Tusken scene, and the rest feels rather meh, but AOTC is my least favorite of all the SW movies anyway.
ROTS had a lot more moments I liked, and I feel his emotions a lot more.

I realize that being an actor is mroe than having an image, and I feel Hayden is one of those people that has trouble with emotions. He has range, but he just doesn't do well expressing it. When he wasn't talking in ROTS, especially during the duel and stuff, he had the brooding and actions perfect imho, but his words didn't always manage to pack the punch. But I still think his ROTS acting exceeded that of AOTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"