The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
weren't there rumors that Lupita was going to play a Sith/villain?

wonder if that will still be the case.

although Gwendoline has such an imposing figure.

do you think she will be a villain?

ICYMI: Posted again for the new thread:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNER LUPITA NYONG'O JOINS THE CAST OF STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
May 30, 2014

Lupita Nyong'o joins the recently announced cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. This year, her breakthrough performance in 12 Years a Slave earned her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

Gwendoline Christie, currently starring in the hit television series Game of Thrones as Brienne of Tarth, has also been cast in the production. She can next be seen in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2.

"I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the Saga Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

http://starwars.com/star-wars-episo...-and-game-of-thrones-gwendoline-christie.html
http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...ii-adds-lupita-nyongo-and-gwendoline-christie

TMZ - Star Wars Episode VII Super Secret Spoiler Pics From The Set!

Earlier this month in a galaxy far far away, known as Abu Dhabi, JJ Abrams began filming "Star Wars: Episode VII" ... and TMZ has obtained pics from the ultra-secretive set -- including [blackout]one GIANT creature[/blackout].

Jedi sources tell us the [blackout]new alien was manned by 5 men inside it's belly ... and was used in two scenes taking place in what looks like a Tatooine marketplace (Star Wars nerds get it)[/blackout]

According to reports, producers intend to use less CG in the new movies -- instead, relying heavily on practical effects like the original trilogy ... which is evident in these photos.

We don't wanna give too much away ... but if you're a Star Wars fan, you should probably be clicking through the gallery already.

May the force be with you.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/02/star-wars-episode-7-set-photos-secret-pics-new-creature/
http://www.superherohype.com/news/304001-over-40-photos-from-the-set-of-star-wars-episode-vii

weren't there rumors that Lupita was going to play a Sith/villain?

wonder if that will still be the case.

although Gwendoline has such an imposing figure.

do you think she will be a villain?
I believe so indeed that the rumors were Lupita would play a villain. If they can manage to make her Ventress, i would be beyond thrilled lol.

As far as Gwendoline, i'm leaning towards a weird alien of sorts, but one of the good ones.

Last edited:
Just saw the set pics..Amazing and fantastic!!

Lupita added! Dr Evil must be doing back flips! I know I'll be disappointed but I hope one of these two turns out to be Ventress :O

Lupita added! Dr Evil must be doing back flips! I know I'll be disappointed but I hope one of these two turns out to be Ventress :O

Backflips? No. Daniel Bryan yes chants? Well.....

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

Sadly, Rosario Dawson''s career is still stagnant.

wouldn't Lupita be too young to play Ventress?

Since that #darkside photo that starwars7news posted seems to be the real thing, I think we'll be getting a Nightsister of some kind. More likely a successor to Ventress.

Backflips? No. Daniel Bryan yes chants? Well.....

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

Sadly, Rosario Dawson''s career is still stagnant.
Yeah Dawson just never took off the way everyone thought. I mean she was in that awful Men in Black 2 and nothing. Okay not nothing, she gets roles of course but her career has kinda plateaued.

Would it matter what age she is once in Ventress make up?

Not sure how Ventress' race ages. Still, I really hope she isn't Ventress.

I think I'd prefer N'yongo be a Kenobi (not daughter but perhaps niece if that rumor pans out) and Christie could be Ventress or a Ventress type villainess

23hautw.jpg

^I think the pic above is just begging to be manipped

I really hope Christie is some form of officer. I can't imagine her as a villain.

Yeah Dawson just never took off the way everyone thought. I mean she was in that awful Men in Black 2 and nothing. Okay not nothing, she gets roles of course but her career has kinda plateaued.

She needs to have her own "Scandal" like Kerry Washington did. Kerry was on the same road as Rosario but then she started playing Olivia Pope and now Kerry is one of the best actresses out there now.

Zoe Saldana, Naomie Harris and now Lupita are in major franchise films. Rosario is in Sin City 2, which will probably make back it's budget, but not the uber-franchises that Saldana, Harris and Lupita are now a part of (in Saldana's case, two, perhaps even three). Hell, Octavia Spencer just signed on for a role in the Divergent sequel Insurgent, which is yet another Uber-franchise. You also have an "under the radar actress" in Meta Golding in the Hunger Games Films. Rosario has nothing....except Sin City. That is her franchise, Sin City. Sin City is a cult franchise, not an uber one.

yeah....I really don't think we will get Ventress.

maybe a similar character. but not her.

One of the best actresses out there, based on Scandal. Really? :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95