The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a recent interview with Dish Nation, Billy Dee Williams revealed he's reprised his role as Lando for some project. "It's a real good saga." Star Wars Rebels?

Billy Dee Williams On Why His Star Wars Character Should Come Back With A Jedi Daughter

VH1 Big Morning Buzz Live - Billy Dee Williams On Why His Star Wars Character Should Come Back With A Jedi Daughter

Lachey: So Billy I have to ask...about Star Wars Episode VII. Heard that's coming up in...

BDW: I know nothing. I have nothing to report.

Lachey: Awh! Nothing. He cut me off! He wouldn't let me get it out!

BDW: I have nothing to...

Lachey: We can't reveal that Lando's going make an appearance in Episode VII.

BDW: I have no idea. But I have an idea though. If Lando does come back, he should come back with a daughter who's a Jedi.

Lachey: All right! I'll take that as a little morsel! I can munch on that for a little bit.

BDW: (Laughs)

I missed the Arsenio Hall show but someone tweeted

@ArsenioHall Mr. Billy Dee Williams, liking the that idea of him having a daughter that's a Jedi. #Arsenio #StarWarsVII

https://twitter.com/Rdyb/status/452290843677061120

Wonder if he talked about that again on the show. When I can get the video I'll check it out.

Last edited:
Interesting, could that be tied to Lupita? Or it could just be him chit-chatting.

Mag you are definitely the Batman (detective and a half) on SW.

Interesting, could that be tied to Lupita? Or it could just be him chit-chatting.

Mag you are definitely the Batman (detective and a half) on SW.

Probably the latter.

According to someone on another forum Billy Dee Williams told Opie and Anthony that he has not been contacted for Episode 7.

I still have a theory that what JJ and Kasdan has done is that they changed the role of the young male lead the most, so he comes in as an outsider, not through nepotism (as in the EU or perhaps, the original draft by Michael Arndt). And Luke, who remained singled and childless, helps guide the young lead as a mentor and father figure. And his legacy, along with the Skywalker line, will continue through the lead.

And I think while they're not blood related, the Force can yield powerful bonds that in essence they do become blood father and son.

Billy Dee Williams is ready for the next "Star Wars" movie, but he needs your help to make it happen.

ARSENIO: Will you be in the next Star Wars movie, sir?

BDW: I have no idea. I don't know what JJ Abrams is doing. I...If they ask, it's fine with me. But I've got a great idea. If I..If they decide to bring me back...

ARSENIO: Mmmhmm.

BDW: I should probably come back with a daughter who's a Jedi.

ARSENIO: Oh. (Nods) Yeah.

BDW: Which might be an interesting idea.

(Audience makes noise.)

ARSENIO: Now, did you just think of that or have you been thinking about this?

BDW: No, I've been thinking about this.

ARSENIO: Ohhhh...that's interesting....

BDW: They're bound to ask me back at some point or another.

http://www.arseniohall.com/video/in...ms_Is_Ready_For_The_Next_Star_Wars/index.html

A little more in the video about Arsenio asking if people should bug JJ to put Lando in while BDW's dancing partner supports him.

The script was finished months ago as we know...

Last edited:
Poor Billy could hardly dance is he even capable of giving a solid enough performance?

He was in (spoiler for recent animated movie): [blackout]The Lego Movie as Lando[/blackout]. Whoever has seen it (not me) might be able to elaborate. And he said in a recent interview he got to play Lando for some secret project he can't talk about yet.

JJ Abrams and Billy Dee Williams in a skit together last year on Disney/ABC's Jimmy Kimmel (guest starring William Shatner)

(May 16, 2013)

I don't see the point of bringing in Lando at this point, though it would be nice to see Billy back. But he probably wouldn't do a whole lot.

I don't want Episode 7: The Reunion Show.

I doubt it, as long as each character has a point in being there, even albiet short, I'm fine with seeing familiar faces. I doubt people like Lando would have that long of a part anyways.

Maybe just a cameo would be best.

I'm all for Lando's return. I don't, however, want there to be a ton of old jokes. Those kinda irk me.

Just found these tweets. Been reading a couple tweets that Abrams has recently visited Paris.

JJAbrams was in Paris last week just saying

31 March 2014

https://twitter.com/aerisss/status/450618874527244288 (Location: France)

JJ Abrams went to Paris last week. Sightseeing or meeting with French actors # StarWarsVII? The paris are open.

31 March 2014

https://twitter.com/AdrienMarie_/status/450607190534287360 (Location: France) Translation from Google.

Also this is now making the rounds:

Here is Abrams in a Parisian toy store (posted yesterday):

Link

This is new to me but I might have just missed it earlier:

"Shooting will begin in May and last about three months. Then there will be about a year of special effects. The key is to return to the roots of the first film, try to be more in emotion than in the explanation." --JJ Abrams (February 22, 2014)

http://www.parismatch.com/Culture/Livres/J-J-Abrams-un-livre-et-des-etoiles-549747 (French magazine)

Last edited:
Ya I do remember reading that.

EDIT: It was some where said that it would film until early/mid September. I can't remember where it said that though, it was around that time.

Last edited:
So we may get some casting news as early as Monday.

So Monday they will officially announce Adam Driver.

So, it does seem they have most the cast in place, but there is a few loose ends. But even for the ones they do have, they are keeping things very secret. So secret hell they've started filming and we really just found out about it.

We've seen nothing from the set pics etc. They are keeping this one under lock and key. But I'm glad they wanted to make it the best, and really worked hard on the screen play.

Still can't quite believe this is happening. I remember back when the prequels were still coming out thinking "I am 100% certain they'll do eps 7-9 someday, but Lucas will probably be dead and his kids will have sold off the rights to Fox or something"

Who could have though things would tun out the way they have? Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"