• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if they have or not. Just because someone is saying something on Twitter, does not really indicate it. Filming starts in a month in a half. And they may have something already. They are keeping quiet, they would not be showing the cameras, talking about production etc, if it was otherwise.

If they had anything I think it would've leaked out by now.

the only real news so far is Adam Driver, although Lucasfilm has not confirmed it.

Anyone see the info TheForce.net talked about? They talked about the Toy Rep that is a good source of theirs.

And they talked about the Falcon and how the set of it, was massively damaged like it had crashed into a planet. I actually trust TFN, they rarely talk about rumors unless they are very sure. Go to the ForceCast and they talk about it.

It was pieced together, not a full size at the time. But it looked like it was massively damaged in some sections/floors that were damaged. The set was apparently "angled" like it had possibly crashed. Also that the set is tilted towards the cockpit, and most the damage is in the cockpit.

Also they heard an executive say "The Chewie thing, we've got that taken care of". What that means? They really don't know. They figure it means, that ya Chewie is back. They also believe that it's possible (this is their speculation part) that Chewie may die. But that's just their guess.

http://www.forcecast.net/story/home/ForceCast_Special_Episode_VII_Special_Report_157178.asp

Belated April fools.

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/451746714374795264

I do believe Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and the rest of the OT actors have agreements in principle along with Adam Driver. The rest of the cast hasn't taken shape yet but it's not like they have nothing.

It's not your fault Mag lol.

I got all jacked listening to it. They kept a "straight face" during that podcast. Though there is truth to some of the things about the Toy Reps etc, that have been rumored for some time.

But hah, I thought I had stumbled onto something there.

Jessica Sherman every once in a while contacts people on twitter about an unnamed movie she's working on. AFAIK Episode VII is the only movie she's working on, though if anyone has evidence to the contrary, have at it. Last year she was contacting girls that looked black or mixed race on twitter about a role in a movie.

These are the latest people she's contacted that I can see publicly:
https://twitter.com/JessShermy/status/451499012395241472 (April 2)
https://twitter.com/JessShermy/status/446755000539025408 (March 20)

Obviously if she's working on a movie besides Episode VII it may not mean anything.

Last edited:
^Throughout the Hype Galaxy... many members have embarked on a long journey.. many would attempt to figure out the announcement dates of cast lists, titles, trailers and shooting schedules for their favorite movies... although countless try... not many have succeeded.. nevertheless, their heart still yearns... the ship still sails... the force is with them... kind of..

I wonder how many Bothan spies have died trying to bring us this information?

There is a guy on twitter saying that auditions for the lead character in Star Wars are currently taking place at CalArts which I believe is owned by Disney or at least has some kind of business set up with them. Abrams is said to want a complete unknown.

My @StarWars friends: according to a friend, #StarWars #EpisodeVII is holding casting for the lead role at CalArts Academy in Valencia today

3 April 2014

https://twitter.com/JamesTSkywalker/status/451835783616290816

Disney came to my school today to audition actors for the new star wars movies. To find leads... #lolwut

3 April 2014

https://twitter.com/Eonthecat/status/451843936164671488 (California, USA)

^ The twitter account is a bit...bonkers. But it says its CalArts.

Last edited:
I still doubt it. Twitter...from some random guy that goes to that school. I just heavily doubt it. There would be much more news if it was them going back to square one. It sounded like they had a group of the leads in the running.

EDIT:

Here is the question though. Are they holding auditions for those at the school? Or casting? Do they just have some of the leads that were in the running there? With JJ being in Pinewood I'm just more skeptical about it. Especially for the lead I would figure JJ would be there.

Last edited:
Jessica Sherman did contact some new young guy yesterday about a secret movie, so, who knows. Maybe they've got 2 of the 3 already done but not the third one. This whole casting process which Variety stated started with the hiring of these casting directors in June 2013 has not gone well from where I'm looking from the outside looking in. I know they didn't get a script finished until January but it's pretty crazy all the actors they've either held up or the talent that simply couldn't wait anymore and moved on.

Jessica Sherman did contact some new young guy yesterday about a secret movie, so, who knows. Maybe they've got 2 of the 3 already done but not the third one. This whole casting process which Variety stated started with the hiring of these casting directors in June 2013 has not gone well from where I'm looking from the outside looking in. I know they didn't get a script finished until January but it's pretty crazy all the actors they've either held up or the talent that simply couldn't wait anymore and moved on.

Possibly.

The problem is, if there was even a hint of that big of trouble, Disney would not be talking about filming. I mean they kept very mum about anything during the uncertainty of the script during the summer for quite a few months. Not talking till otherwise. That and casting really did not start until November due to the delay. They were hired, but since the script change, lots of characters changed as well (from what we've heard). I just doubt with JJ being such a great casting man, and Nina Gold one of the best in the business are really having massive problems. I just think because they are keeping everything so close to their chest. But I guess we won't know until Rinzler does a book on this.

I will admit one thing. I really thought JJ would stay away from the super secret stuff this time around. But it does seem they are keeping lots real close to the chest. Honestly when there is big problems, usually that stuff makes bigger news then anything. I admit though I do hate the super secracy stuff early on in production. I remember all the tension in the TDK/TDKR boards prior to filming. Such as Crispen Glover..with Jett and that whole fiasco.

The way I look at it, Disney would not be risking talking about filming, and even Devin said filming is starting in May. I just don't think they would do so.

However, I guess we don't really know anything. It does not seem like there is any panic coming from the production anymore, just a real lack of news.

I understand the view point though. Like some talked about earlier though, Twitter can be such a double edged sword. Looking back to the "young" Leia thing that was blown out of proportion. It's just so hard to tell from some unknown guy, with no backing saying "he heard".

I'm not saying "OMG YOUS GUYS THE MOVIE IS DOOOOOMED" just because Kathleen Kennedy's behind the scenes ship was perhaps a bit....mismanaged in the run-up to the start of production. Because I'm not. I'm more worried about the story of the movie than anything else. That can kill any enthusiasm. They'll at least wind up casting whoever's left standing before production begins.

I'm not saying "OMG YOUS GUYS THE MOVIE IS DOOOOOMED" just because Kathleen Kennedy's behind the scenes ship was perhaps a bit....mismanaged in the run-up to the start of production. Because I'm not. I'm more worried about the story of the movie than anything else. That can kill any enthusiasm. They'll at least wind up casting whoever's left standing before production begins.

Oh I know you were not saying that. And I'm not fully disagreeing with you either. But Kathy has been a long experienced producer of huge films, so I don't think she is as "stumped". But I guess we can't know that.

And ya I agree they will cast who they need to. But again that is JJ's strongest suit, and everyone and their mother would die to be in re-birth of Star Wars. It's just such a huge opportunity that is outside of the "super hero" saga.

I get that impression as well Of course, it's all a get feeling but I think the rewrite sorta made everything into a mad house.

They have been casting based off of the changed script since Mid-November though haven't they? They cast a wide net, and Variety said they were narrowing down to those selected few (though it does seem Plemmons is out).

They have been casting based off of the changed script since Mid-November though haven't they? They cast a wide net, and Variety said they were narrowing down to those selected few (though it does seem Plemmons is out).

THR hinted that that Variety list was mostly BS. Those actors were never strongly considered.

Even though THR had a terrible track record about their Star Wars stuff?

And can you give me the link to where THR says it's bull?

I swear, if you're on your phone, I'll be more forgiving but stop giving us half-infomation, S. Jones.

They didn't say it was bull exactly, they just said that those actors haven't heard a peep in months and that Abrams has met with tons of actors since then.

Yes, but then it goes on to say this:

In a nod to the complex nature of the Star Wars casting process, agency sources say you can't assume that you're out of the running for the movie until it's actually shooting.
"I don't think anyone is out when it comes to Star Wars. An actor will clear their schedule to be part of this and any deal won't take long to make," says one source.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-vii-is-jesse-693031

There is a lot of secrecy going on it seems. Even with that article. They go on to say they don't know if any of them were really considered, but that's not calling it "bull".

i dont know everything. so sorry if something was realesed in the last weeks.

ok here i have to admit defeat. JJ and Disney did it. they found a way to keep the cast a secret. in a movie this big there is no way that main actors would be cast so late . they need training and the crew needs time to design costumes with the actors. plus make up tests need weeks.

so the cast is locked and nothing leaked. thats a big achievement.

chances that noone is cast but Driver? zero.

Auditioning for the lead role in Star Wars VII tomorrow. And feeling good about it. Going to have some fun in there :D

2 April 2014

https://twitter.com/MikexMerchant/status/451510427688509440

My first Hollywood audition and I got called in. Am I the luckiest guy in the world or what? That was so much fun.

3 April 2014

https://twitter.com/MikexMerchant/status/451899609858576384

Regardless of what happens, the fact that J.J Abrams' casting agency decided to call me back because they can see me as a leading man. #ugh

3 April 2014

https://twitter.com/MikexMerchant/status/451974100764745728

And even better, they can see me being the leading man in Star Wars Episode 7? That makes me feel so good.

3 April 2014

https://twitter.com/MikexMerchant/status/451974271670030336

And they also really liked my Spider-man picture :D #blessed

3 April 2014

https://twitter.com/MikexMerchant/status/451974723216232448

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads