The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the validity of that rumor (the delay). If the choice is between delaying the movie or minimizing Han, it's obvious they should just delay the movie. JJ wanted more time anyways right?

I know this goes without saying, but I want this movie done right.

I don't know about the validity of that rumor (the delay). If the choice is between delaying the movie or minimizing Han, it's obvious they should just delay the movie. JJ wanted more time anyways right?

I know this goes without saying, but I want this movie done right.
Nothing is more important for me. But I don't think a delay is necessary from what we know. That could of course change.

Abrams loves to make his actors run a lot. Even in the TV shows that he doesn't write or direct but BR produces that happens.

This Tom Cruise business is like the Daniel Day-Lewis rumor of the past. Not worth my time, and even less so.

Last edited:
I wouldn't totally dismiss these rumors quite yet. I wouldn't be shocked if Lucasfilm delays the film at this point. I mean, depending in how and if they can work with this new schedule. Sure these are just rumors, but wow, they're running strong. I expect to hear from Lucasfilm very soon. Maybe this week or the next. I hope.

Last edited:
Imagine a gun fight battle happening in a public place. The camera turns & then we see Tom Cruise running & dodging bullets. In his most intense running scene 2 date

This Harrison Ford injury is causing havoc with Episode VII's schedule, but my sources are adamant: #StarWars remains on track for Dec. 2015”

31 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/Breznican/status/481205705241022466 (Entertainment Weekly senior writer)

He had this to say last month about the role of Han Solo in Episode VII:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=28658827&postcount=214
Entertainment Weekly - Star Wars Episode VII A New Hope (Really) (May 16, 2014 Issue) (full article online)

Last edited:
I wouldn't totally dismiss these rumors quite yet. I wouldn't be shocked if Lucasfilm delays the film at this point. I mean, depending in how and if they can work with this new schedule. Sure these are just rumors, but wow, they're running strong. I expect to hear from Lucasfilm very soon. Maybe this week or the next. I hope.

I bet not. Because a few things.

1. All the sources of this news even say there will be no delay to the actual release date. Just massive rescheduling.

2. These rumors are running from one source. Jedi News. A man who has been right about almost nothing.

3. Harrison's Representative himself said 6-8 weeks, and so did LFL.

So to me why all of a sudden does it go from 6 weeks to 6 months. Even for a 71 year old guy that makes no sense. Unless his leg was cut completely off. Of course it's possible, I will never fully dismiss anything. But I think there will be heavy rescheduling, but nothing they can't handle. People act in the Internet sphere in extremes. Just because there is massive rescheduling does not spell doom, or have to push the product back, just creative thinking and rescheduling will be the main point.

These rumors from IMDB and Jedi News have all said another thing, that nothing will be changed on page, meaning no changes to the screenplay.

I'm just finding it hard to believe there would be that much of a delay for a broken leg. While offical sources have said otherwise...and all of a sudden it magically changes? But again I never fully dismiss anything, but highly doubt it will effect anything too much at all. Just reschedule the hell out of it.

Ya like I said above, and have for weeks it will just require creativity and rescheduling. It can be done, it's not some impossible task.

Star Wars-Guardians of the Galaxy Style

[YT]TLyNMSkTiGg&hd=1[/YT]

Ain't It Cool News - Harrison Ford's Broken Leg May Delay The Arrival Of EPISODE VII
Jeremy Smith

As you all surely know by now, Ford broke his leg a couple of weeks ago in a mishap somewhere in the vicinity of the actual Millennium Falcon on the set of STAR WARS: EPISODE VII. Ford's a tough bastard, so I've little doubt he'll be up and at 'em as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the word coming from the set is that he could be out of service for as long as six months. And this is a huge problem because Han Solo is pretty much the main character of EPISODE VII, leading a galaxy-wide search party for Luke Skywalker.

This rumor is getting a good deal of traction, so I'd expect some kind of official response from Disney fairly soon. Given what I know about EPISODE VII's story (along with the recent hiring of writer-director Rian Johnson for EPISODES VIII and IX), I'm genuinely looking forward to this new trilogy. It took them longer than expected to beat the script into shape, but they're really happy with it, and there's zero possibility of a significant rewrite to work around Ford's injury. Han's the man in this movie. That's not going to change.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67758

"I'd expect some kind of official response..."

Hasn't there already been an official response?

Hopefully LFL says something soon.

Because I just find it hard to believe that last week they were all saying 6 weeks, and today it's 6 months? But still most the source say no delay to Episode VII.

"I'd expect some kind of official response..."

Hasn't there already been an official response?

That's what is confusing me, LFL and his publicist has said already 6-8 weeks. And all of a sudden "rumors" starting from the Sun with no backing have said this.

The idea is juicy. It doesn't need to be right for it to make an impressive headline.

I guess Han is going to be like the Qui-Gon Jinn of this movie if the rumors are true. Lots of screentime, lots of traveling, but not be who the story in particular was about or is setting up.

I guess Han is going to be like the Qui-Gon Jinn of this movie if the rumors are true. Lots of screentime, lots of traveling, but not be who the story in particular was about or is setting up.
I expect him to be the Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon of the film, down to the dying.

On that note, I kind of like the idea that Han and his potential daughter are estranged. Perhaps she has been with her mother or even Luke's group of Jedi. Perhaps that is why she is an only daughter.

Jeremy Smith is probably the most worthless writer on the internet.

I'm obviously not a doctor but it seemed like Ford just had a small cast around his ankle. AICN makes it seem like he lost his ****ing leg for Christ's sake.

Why is he the most worthless writer on the internet?

I've been out of commission cause i've been sick and i return here to find more rumors lol. I guess it's my welcome home greeting :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"