The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I'm not going to buy into the stuff that these entertainment celeb type sites will say. Not really at all. At worse they will just not have him running, and more of his stunt double for that kind of stuff. It's not going to cause a re-write. His rehab is suppose to be a month and a half. I'm doubting anything has changed.
The thing is, you'd think re-writes were impossible considering how intergral we have been told he is. I have a hard time thinking Abrams would allow this film to be change in such a manner.

If it really is two months, shuffling around the schedule really shouldn't be an issue. They are in London right now right? So no location shooting. All sets. So why wouldn't they be able to change what they are filming, perhaps do some action scenes that Han probably isn't in many of. Might cause a few days of delay, but more? I doubt it.

Ya no matter what he was not filming long. And regardless I don't think his character will be doing over the top Jackie Chan action sequences. Ford has used tons of stunt double since the days of Raiders, it's noting new. And on top of all of that, it says he's only out for 6-8 weeks with a report last week of Ford going to return much sooner.

The thing is, you'd think re-writes were impossible considering how intergral we have been told he is. I have a hard time thinking Abrams would allow this film to be change in such a manner.

If it really is two months, shuffling around the schedule really shouldn't be an issue. They are in London right now right? So no location shooting. All sets. So why wouldn't they be able to change what they are filming. Might cause a few days of delay, but more? I doubt it.

Agreed. :up:

There's an Andy Serkis joke somewhere in here but I'm not going to make it.

The fact that there are fanbases for visual effects companies is hilarious when you sit down and think about it.
Not after you watch the Avengers and realize how much better ILM's work in the film is compared to Weta's. ILM 4 LIFE!!!!!!

Lets hope we are right on this. Would be a shame if it effected the original intentions of the film.

Ya I agree with you that I doubt it will. There would be a lot more talk about that if that was the case. The script delayed filming 5 months, but the over all release delay from May to December was 7, even if they have to extend shooting a little longer (which I highly doubt) it should be no concern. Like we were saying, rescheduling is all they will do. That and Harrison should be good to go in 6-8 weeks, and maybe will even come in earlier for close-up/sitting down shots.

Ya I agree with you that I doubt it will. There would be a lot more talk about that if that was the case. The script delayed filming 5 months, but the over all release delay from May to December was 7, even if they have to extend shooting a little longer (which I highly doubt) it should be no concern. Like we were saying, rescheduling is all they will do. That and Harrison should be good to go in 6-8 weeks, and maybe will even come in earlier for close-up/sitting down shots.
In a couple of years we will all be sitting down at our computers, watching our blu rays trying to figure out which scenes made it into that film that Indy was hurt while shooting. :D

In a couple of years we will all be sitting down at our computers, watching our blu rays trying to figure out which scenes made it into that film that Indy was hurt while shooting. :D

Ya lol. Though I really really would love a full extensive documentary of the making of this film. I'm sure it would be extremely interesting.

Take with a grain of salt. The Sun is saying..

Ford could be out 6 months.

No other credible website is covering that story, so I'd assume it's false. What the hell was the point of Ford's publicist specifying the 6-8 week timetable?

No other credible website is covering that story, so I'd assume it's false. What the hell was the point of Ford's publicist specifying the 6-8 week timetable?

Bingo. It's the tabloids just taking small things and running with them, it's how they make their money, and it sadly sells, I mean just look at the check out isles of all grocery stores.

you mean.........tabloids don't publish the truth??!!!

SHOCKING!!!!

Sony Image Works doesn't get a cookie.
:lmao:

It is so funny because it is so true. :woot:

Ya lol. Though I really really would love a full extensive documentary of the making of this film. I'm sure it would be extremely interesting.
Most definitely. There is a few fantastic ones for the OT, especially the sections covering the first film.

:up:

Bingo. It's the tabloids just taking small things and running with them, it's how they make their money, and it sadly sells, I mean just look at the check out isles of all grocery stores.
:highfive:

Does anybody really want to see Han and Leia starting the movie
split up / separated / divorced ?

One of the many problems (besides their popularity and age) I had with bringing so much of the old cast back and giving them new stories is that we've mostly had our own ideas (for some of us, for a long time) about where the story goes (some just adhered to whatever the Expanded Universe said)...

Not after you watch the Avengers and realize how much better ILM's work in the film is compared to Weta's. ILM 4 LIFE!!!!!!

Or the stuff they did in the new Star Trek films. I hated STID, but even I will admit there was some excellent CGI in those movies. Actually, the possibility I am most excited for is ILM doing some practical effects like they did for the prequels. Based on a a thread, I saw on the theforce.net forums, there was a bunch of great model work/practical effects in the PT. It just sadly got hidden by poor cinematography, bland art design, and overuse of digital enhancement. Now that I know that the practical effects teams of ILM were still in fine form only a decade ago, I feel like practical effects making a reappearance in this film is a much better possibility.

The thing about the new characters is that they can potentially go anywhere story-wise, their only noteworthy legacy baggage is their family ties to the previous cast where it exists.

I think there are so many variety of places you can go with the characters, as long as its good. I could see Han being hard to be married to lol. And honestly it would make him more cynical and the character we know and it could create a very interesting character arch of redemption for him.

Does anybody really want to see Han and Leia starting the movie
split up / separated / divorced ?

One of the many problems (besides their popularity and age) I had with bringing so much of the old cast back and giving them new stories is that we've mostly had our own ideas (for some of us, for a long time) about where the story goes (some just adhered to whatever the Expanded Universe said)...

If they could bring back that chemistry they had in ESB....then I wouldn't have a problem with something like that.

It's a bit ironic that all these years Ford has said he'd never play Solo again, there was no story there. Then they do get him to come back and even beef his role up from a cameo to a leading role. And now this happens.

Maybe this is this trilogy's version of the storm in the Tunisia desert...

SW:4-6 v GotG

[YT]TLyNMSkTiGg[/YT]

I gotta start coming round these boards more, I love SW. Had all the action figures when I was a kid and a Millennium Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"