The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind if the Solos had differing views on what path their daughter should take.

Like one thinks she should train with Luke to become a Jedi while the other wants her to have nothing to do with the Jedi.

I wonder how much Jett Lucas still knows at this point...

From last October...

TheForce.net - Lucasfilm Says No Change In Episode VII Release Date Following Ford's Injury

Jedi News heard from "a number of sources" that a meeting was held today at Pinewood Studios in the UK to discuss the possibility of delaying Star Wars Episode VII following Harrison Ford's recent injury.

"The early word is that production of the film could be pushed back by a substantial amount of time," the report reads.

Lucasfilm would not comment on the extent of the production delays, but a company spokesperson told TFN, "There is no change in the release date."

We will continue to track the fallout from Ford's injury and update as we learn more.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front...elease_Date_Following_Fords_Injury_158595.asp

Filming was reportedly supposed to wrap in September before the injury to Ford.

Last edited:
Abrams said in an interview in February that the effects would take about a year to do.

Interesting about Maise. She must be a smaller part.

With Harrison regardless I will bet they stay with the December date. Because it would not just push back one film, it would push back all the others. Additionally there is so much coming out in May 2016 it would be pretty packed. But this is not like a screen re-write before. This will just require crafty re-scheduling.

There are many variables, but what I bet they will do, and what I would do is this. Get everything that does not have Harrison filmed and in the can, have ILM start schedules making SFX for those first. Put them in priority. From there I would wait until all the other filming was done, and then have Harrison complete all scenes he could, use as much Hollywood trickery as we could, get all his sitting down scenes, stunt doubles things of that nature filmed. Most of his dialogue stuff etc. From there if there had to be a longer wait (which I’m still doubting because of the sources) film his stuff later as other films would do pick-up/reshoots. Then have his stuff that requires him running/walking and with SFX to be last on ILM’s list.

Now there are many other things but they won’t delay it. Disney is locked in, and in reality it won’t require it. Everyone jump to the JJ wants it delayed again thing, where again I don’t know where that obsession on the internet has come from. JJ has not delayed anything in the past, he always works on average 2 years per film, which is typical for blockbusters. This is the first film that needed that delay because of a complete script re-write.

Again I think none of this super delay stuff is true. It started with The Sun and sadly everyone is saying…is it real? Mark can be pretty bad about this kind of stuff with JediNewsUK he’s posted clearly fake things again and again. But then sometimes does not post clearly obvious bigger stories.

As for Rick meeting with Kasdan that is awesome. Tomorrow TNG season 6 comes out on Blu.

so do you think by Comic Con this year, we'll have a better idea of the general plot and who's playing who?

Chatted with Simon Pegg on set. He apologised for once having filmed a SPOOF of R2 and 3PO in the desert in Ep IV. Silly boy! Also a genius.

7 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/ADaniels3PO/status/481169054145978370

Dominic Monaghan has also said in the past that he's (Dom) been invited to visit the Star Wars Episode VII set.

I'll watch Star Wars. I'll be there. I'm gonna go visit JJ on set. Uh, who knows. Maybe I'll get the chance to be in two or three. But I think JJ's very keen to create new characters and a new Star Wars that you have not seen before. And when he and I chat about it he was like look, you know, you might potentially be a little well known in that world and what I think JJ didn't want happen is have everyone coming along for this Star Wars ride on new planets and new solar systems and then suddenly 'oh there's that guy from Lost.' So, I think that was his M.O..

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmentertainment/dominic-monaghan-talks-about

Another way to interpret the tweet could be that since he's around Carrie Fisher a lot (he is her assistant) for her schedule on set, he's also around a lot for the schedule of...

Daisy Ridley (Fisher's movie daughter)
Billie Lourd (Fisher's real daughter)
Maisie Richardson-Sellers (has some association with Fisher and/or Ridley?)

I didn't know Billie Lourd was Fisher's real daughter.

Yeah. She and Daisy are like exactly the same age if they were born in '92.

ah, ok.

when I read that tweet, I just thought all those girls were in SW.......lol.

From three days ago (LA Times):

"Looper" writer-director Rian Johnson will write and direct "Star Wars: Episode VIII" and pen a treatment for Episode IX, a spokesperson for Johnson confirmed to The Times.

Johnson, who broke out as a director at the Sundance Film Festival in 2005 with his independent film "Brick," will take over George Lucas' franchise from J.J. Abrams, who is currently shooting "Star Wars: Episode VII" in London.

Johnson's producing partner Ram Bergman will join him on the film.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...nchise-writer-directorter-20140620-story.html

So there's important confirmation that was missed. Or at least I missed it, just saw what the trades said.

Johnson writing/directing Episode VIII.
Another producer coming on-board Episode VIII.
Johnson writing the story treatment for Episode IX.

Badass Digest - Could STAR WARS EPISODE VII Get Pushed To 2016?

It's rumormill time. Jedi News is reporting that an emergency meeting took place at Pinewood Studios early this morning, with the fate of Star Wars Episode VII as the subject. According to the site Harrison Ford's broken leg will keep him out of the movie for six months, which is a huge problem because Han Solo is pretty much the lead of this movie. He's aiding our new characters on a quest across the galaxy, and while that means he could be sitting in the cockpit of the Falcon a whole bunch, he'll need to be doing some other stuff along the way. It's possible the movie could undergo major rewrites to minimize Han's role, but who knows what they've shot and if there's any way to make that work.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/23/could-star-wars-episode-vii-get-pushed-to-2016/

Sigh, there's multiple leads, there's not just "one" (even if Ford gets top billing like Liam Neeson when the cast billing is released)...Lucasfilm even said so already.

"It has also been confirmed that Star Wars: Episode VII is set about 30 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, and will star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces."

The main character will dictated by the story and whatever Abrams and Kasdan and Kennedy want to talk about beyond that.

Last edited:
Oh Harrison why weren't you taking your calcium supplements?:cmad:

But the problem is Magnar they are all basing it off of one source. The Sun. That’s where Jedi News got it, and all of them are purely repeating what he said. There really is no talk about this with any of the big dogs like Variety etc. Even the Digest that you linked is just basing it purely off of what Mark has said on Jedi News, which he pulled from the Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"