The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness that JJ Abrams did not go with Zoe Saldana for a role in the film. Don't get me wrong, I like Zoe but she didn't need this film. Thank goodness.

So does this mean that Maisie Jefferson-Sellers is out?

Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if Lupita posts Selfies of her (and maybe a few of her cast members) on Instagram.

Well she is certainly one of the more popular Television actresses out there because of Scandal.
Which is fair. But I am not exactly going to start calling her one of the "best actresses out there" based on her being popular on television. And while I do find her good on the show, I wouldn't put the role or performance in my top 10 on television right now.

Anyways, way off topic at this point.

Are we certain that any EU characters are going to be in this movie?

Thank goodness that JJ Abrams did not go with Zoe Saldana for a role in the film. Don't get me wrong, I like Zoe but she didn't need this film. Thank goodness.

So does this mean that Maisie Jefferson-Sellers is out?

Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if Lupita posts Selfies of her (and maybe a few of her cast members) on Instagram.
All reports suggest they were up for the same role, so I'd say yes, but you never know. They could find another role for her.

Which is fair. But I am not exactly going to start calling her one of the "best actresses out there" based on her being popular on television. And while I do find her good on the show, I wouldn't put the role or performance in my top 10 on television right now.

Anyways, way off topic at this point.
I wouldn't either to be honest but some people do feel that way.

@Dr.Evil Saldana seems so busy I doubt she'd have time to do Star Wars even if Abrams wanted her. And I think he's trying to stay away from reusing his Star Trek actors.

Are we certain that any EU characters are going to be in this movie?
Considering they just binned the EU, I'd say no. Clone Wars characters are possible, but not one bit of evidence to suggest they are headed in that direction.

That's too bad about Sellers, because that only delays her playing an American (per unwritten Hollywood rule stating all British and Aussie actors who have worked in Hollywood will play Americans) for a little while longer.

Considering they just binned the EU, I'd say no. Clone Wars characters are possible, but not one bit of evidence to suggest they are headed in that direction.

Which I think is a good thing because there's no logic behind someone bashing John Boyega's role if he's playing an original character by saying "he's nothing like the character we've seen in other mediums before." It prevents those idiots from saying those things.

So on a scale of 1-10 I wonder how furious Abrams is that those set photos leaked?

He's turned green, Hulked out, and is currently smashing his way through London trying to find the leaker.

Does anyone really believe these weren't leaked on purpose?

So on a scale of 1-10 I wonder how furious Abrams is that those set photos leaked?
Maybe a 4. We already know this place exist because of a video Abrams put out, so it isn't Earth shattering.

He's turned green, Hulked out, and is currently smashing his way through London trying to find the leaker.

I feel bad for whoever it is. If there is anything Abrams can legally do to **** up his life Abrams will do it. Its gonna take this happening a few more times (it will:D) before he realizes he cant stop leaks.

Great casting I always seem to be at work when the news breaks. But finally Westeros and Star Wars has combined forces.

Christie has an existing connection with Nina Gold (Episode VII and GoT casting director).

Awesome casting. :up: Go Lupita!

And that beast from the set pics looks incredible.

Yeah that's what I meant I figured after all this time with Nina Gold it would be sooner or later that would happen.

Ugh, can't believe I missed the news. Lupita and Gwendoline? Awesome! Nice to see more female roles in the movie. That makes four now - Daisy, Carrie, Lupita and Gwendoline. I'm pretty sure that sets a record :o

Now we need John Williams' rendition of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair".

John Boyega is really enthusiastic about the new castings on twitter.

Devin Faraci is trolling hard on twitter. For a guy that hates Star Wars as much as he does he never seems to stop talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"