GI JOE: Renegades, new series set to premiere on The Hub on 10.10.10

I'm really liking this new series too. Better than the last show they had on Fox.

This show is far better than I expected. Why couldn't the new Transformers be like this? Zartan was OK. Snake-Eyes gets more awesome every time.

This was by far my favorite episode. I liked the new take on Zartan. But there are a few things that really bug me. I like Snake eyes, but this music and the camera shots of him when he shows up, it's really annoying. And Scarlett is bugging me. I don't know if it's one thing or multiple things, her look seems off, I don't like her voice and the way she acts really bothers me.

I'm not too familiar with GI Joe canon but what basics I know of Zartan, I really like the way he was handled in this ep. It really delved into his psychology, the reason for his mimicry and fleshed out what could have been a very corny character.

The fact that the term "teachable moment" was worked into a villain's rant on a kid's cartoon has sold me on this show.

Did anyone else think the preggers white trash version of Scarlett was way hotter than the preppy version?

I don't care for either version of her in this.

But I did LOVE Law & Order. I've wanted a German Shepard named Order for a while and this just makes me want one more.

Did anyone else think the preggers white trash version of Scarlett was way hotter than the preppy version?
Raises hand. :woot:

I really enjoyed this episode, I hope they keep up it the great work.

Last edited:
White Trash Scarlett looked like a character from an Adult Swim cartoon.

If this helps anyone information has come out that the Renegades episodes have been broadcast out of order.

This might help explain why the attitudes and sequence of events might seem a little off in the recent episodes. Rage for example was meant to be the third episode.

If this helps anyone information has come out that the Renegades episodes have been broadcast out of order.

This might help explain why the attitudes and sequence of events might seem a little off in the recent episodes. Rage for example was meant to be the third episode.

Really? Because I was wondering...in the train heist ep, Baroness says "A gift from Mr. McCullen-- Destro!" So I guess it makes more sense this way.

It’s so sad when the only important thing to most is the look of the animation… the story and plot can be pure s**t and non-canon in everyway but as long as the animation is what most people think is good… then who cares about the rest… I mean look at the 80’s cartoon, Rise of Cobra and Resolute. Everybody looks the other way with them. "Action" and 'looks" over everything else. This type pf animation style has been going since the early or mid 90’s, where the characters look a little distorted. Batman and Superman The Animated Series had everyone look like squares, triangles and rectangles. All the male characters look as if they're sucking in their stomach to make their chest muscles and shoulders look wide and big. That type of style increased for The Batman TV series and that went on from 2004 to 2008.

It doesn’t matter if they use lazer guns or real ones. Batman The Animation series from the 90’s used real guns (Tommy guns the most) and nobody ever got shot... well James Gordon did but that was it.

Scarlett looks and acts great and she has a strong female voice, far better than all the rest who voiced her. Zartan… oh god… in the comic books and in the cartoon he looks like someone who belongs in the He-Man universe. His new look fit the tone and style of this series. But the writers did say that Zartan will be going through a character development or a character evolution.

Last edited:
so far they the updated versions of:
Destro head of MARS and with redesign and functional mask
Doc standard doctor
Steeler a patent so far
Barbeque and fireman in a small town
Zartan and the Drednocks, a burlly man mimic and different looking gang
Mindbender an geel look scientist
Sepentor now as Commander's pet
Major Bludd who is a merc who lost his eye
Breaker now a mid 20's hacker
Stormshadow same as usual
Jinx not if she's the same

Who am missing?

You forgot

Falcon as Duke's younger brother

Law and Order as the M.P.

Tripwire and Stalker as teammates of Duke and Lady Jaye seen in flashback

Scrap-Iron as Destro's henchman

Firefly - as the professional arsonist

The twins are supposed to be in the next ep!!!!!!!!!

I hate when that **** happens. Same thing happened to MTV's Spider-Man. That's just trifling. Somebody should get their pay docked from that.

I am digging this show so far. In the wake of the disastrous GI Joe 2 news, I decided to catch up on the episodes. At first I wasn't quite sure about the character designs since I really liked Resolute's look, but they've grown on me and when they're animated they actually look quite good. The characters are surprisingly well developed and the story is quite mature, even though the Y7 rating limits how much on-screen death they can get away with. And unlike Resolute, they were able to take the story seriously without stripping all the fun out of it.

Tunnel Rat continues rocking my socks clear off....

Tunnel Rat continues rocking my socks clear off....

So I watched the opening two parter. And, laser guns and monsters. Wot. Please tell me it isn't like this through the whole series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"