GI JOE: Renegades, new series set to premiere on The Hub on 10.10.10

Last ep was awesome. Zartan turned me back into a fanboy.

So this week's we have Snow-Job and Timberwolf, Snake's "partner" :).

GI Joe Renegades Possibly Canceled?

According to a new press release by The HUB, GI Joe Renegades is not listed as one of the returning series for 2011-2012. We'll keep you posted, in the meantime, is Renegades something you would like to see return?

*Update: HISS Tank boards member General Hawk spoke to HUB PR and they relayed the following info:

“…we’re very pleased with the performance of G.I. JOE RENEGADES on The Hub. The series will go on hiatus at the end of season one while the second installment of the G.I. Joe movie franchise is being produced so Hasbro and Hasbro Studios can ensure the creative and storyline continuity that fans of the films and the series expect. We’ll have original episodes into the summer and we envision resuming new animation following the movie.”

So there you have it folks, Renegades is on hiatus so Hasbro can focus on GI Joe 2. How do you feel about this? Join our ongoing discussion and share your thoughts!
Credit: Scorpion, BCYOJOE, Freedom, General Hawk of the Hiss Tank Forums!

The wait will suck but my guess is that the show will come back without the "Joes on the run" premise. The team probably won't be fugitives anymore and it will be a more traditional G.I. Joe setting, so things won't be too vastly different for new viewers tuning in because of the next movie.

I'm indifferent. It's an average series being halted for a sequel to one of the worse movies I've ever seen.

So now the rumors are its getting axed alltogether. I'm disappointed, its pretty much the best cartoon on TV. I guess its true that the best indicator of a show's imminent cancellation is its own excellence. Hopefully Thundercats doesn't meet the same fate.

But given how it ended, [blackout]with the Joes' names cleared and Cobra's evilness revealed[/blackout], the Joes are [blackout]no longer on-the-run and hence, the 'Renegades' part of the title no longer applies[/blackout]. Maybe when they come back, it might be a continuation but with a new name and theme.

The way I see the whole season was an origin story of the formation the official Joe's unit. With them meeting other potential joes and reason for them asking them join the unit when Cobra comes back full force for revenge.

I'm not holding my breath for the show to continue. I think it was a good show but very flawed. I'd also want a different animation style for a new show. I just found Renegades too blah in the animation department. I would prefer something closer to new Thundercats or Resolute.

The animation was subpar but I enjoyed it more than Transformers Prime and it's miles better than Voltron Force.

Well yeah it is better than Voltron Force, I will give you that.

I thought the animation was awesome. This show is waaaaaay better than T.Prime. T.Prime is god-awful. T.Cats and Gijoe are the both great shows.

Last edited:
I loved Renegades, thought the animation style was great and wish we getting the toys over here in England with out having to hunt them down on the Internet. I hope they do carry it on but at least the story ended properly and tied up all the loose ends.

so i watched this and was PLEASANTLY surprised at how much homage and respect to the source material was given.

I still would rather see a RESOLUTE based series, but this wasn't bad.

Hey new G.I. Joe fan. G.I. Joe renegades and Resolute are the reason i started watching and getted invested into the G.I. Joe universe(tried watching the live action movie but some things like the Barroness/Duke relationship didn't feel right wh) just like how voltron force got me intrested in Voltron. Anyway I just wanted to know what G.I. Joe books or cartoons there is I can read to learn more about G.I. Joe. Thanks

Watch Epic 2013

Watch Epic 2013
Watch Epic 2013
Watch Epic 2013

Epic stars the voices of Amanda Seyfried (Mamma Mia!), razz Hutcherson (The Hunger Games), and Colin Farrell (Seven Psychopaths) among lots of others. It’s directed by Chris Wedge (Ice Age) and can unharness Commonwealth Day, 2013.

They shoulda just kept making the show. The movie was a POS!

I just started catching the reruns of the show early. It's still as good as I remember it. I hope they still make a sequel/second season with the same cast and continues where the first season ended (which is also more or less how G.I. Joe retaliation ends). Hopefully it'll be in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"