Gina Carano is No Longer Cara Dune... Fortunately

Gina Carano seems a bit problematic lately...

I perused her Twitter account...sweet Jesus the woman is solidly stupid.

Going through her Twitter likes is... a trip, so Parler seems extremely in-character for the woman liking posts about setting troops on "antifa."

Honestly, I hope she keeps going. Keep doing it. I want to see Disney have to respond.

Last edited:
@Sithborg, @KRYPTON INC., and @Snow Queen, you are all a bunch of thought police jerks, who just attack this poor woman for her political beliefs that just happen to be "different". :o

Yeah, remember when people were trying to defend her? She's a bigot who is out and proud, and it's embarrassing that she is associated with Star Wars at this point. I still have hope that maybe the situation with Dawson didn't actually happen. Carano? She's calling for people to be murdered in the streets. This would be like if they cast Steve Bannon on this show at this point. ****.

As I am having a hot streak getting stuff renamed around this place, I am going to suggest a new thread title for this one.

Gina Carano is Cara Dune and a Massive Bigot

Or how about:

Gina Carano is Cara Dune and Literally the Worst

My favourite thing about this is finding out she searches up her name on Twitter to find people talking about her that didn't tag her so she can block them.

*Looks at new thread title*

B9AYOxI.gif

@Sithborg, @KRYPTON INC., and @Snow Queen, you are all a bunch of thought police jerks, who just attack this poor woman for her political beliefs that just happen to be "different". :o

Yeah, remember when people were trying to defend her? She's a bigot who is out and proud, and it's embarrassing that she is associated with Star Wars at this point. I still have hope that maybe the situation with Dawson didn't actually happen. Carano? She's calling for people to be murdered in the streets. This would be like if they cast Steve Bannon on this show at this point. ****.
Yeah, she’s definitely gone off the deep end unfortunately and it only seems to be getting worse

I assume she's just dumb af, but what does she think is the endgame here? That Disney will keep her on after she stirs **** up like this?

I see her going the way of Scott Baio and James Woods. Their careers are non-existent and they spend all their time on Twitter licking Trump's boots. After he's gone in January, their meaningless existences will have even less meaning as Trump supporters fade away. They won't even be important enough to laugh at. That's where I see Gina's career going.

Disney I would have thought are already aware and hopefully that means no return for the character in future seasons (unless there’s some contractual issues).

Disney I would have thought are already aware and hopefully that means no return for the character in future seasons (unless there’s some contractual issues).
I would be cool, even happy with the return of the character. Just with someone else in the role. The thing that gets me about this most, is Carano wasn't even a great option in the first place.

Honestly, it's why I want her to keep digging her grave. While I don't think the character herself is a write-off, she just keeps making it harder to justify keeping her around. It went from anti-mask posts to liking weird comments, to making fun of trans people and her own co-star after he reached out to her to talk to her, to election conspiracy theories reposted by the president's son, to liking posts saying "release shock troops on antifa!!!!" to joining up with Parler. Where's Disney's tipping point going to be?

Personally I never got the fanfare for the character. Cara Dune herself never seemed like some great character whom we need in this franchise and whom we’ll all be utterly deprived of if she doesn’t return in season 3. She was essentially just a bruiser who joins up with Mando because she needs a war to fight. So if they want to boot the character as well as the actor, I don’t think we’ll be at a loss.

I present to you, that whatever Cara Dune could bring to the table we could get in a better form from Bo Katan.

I would be cool, even happy with the return of the character. Just with someone else in the role. The thing that gets me about this most, is Carano wasn't even a great option in the first place.
Oh well yeah, a recast would be fine too, but I’d rather forget the character entirely now. As in I won’t bother watching those episodes anymore in Mandolorian binges and won’t consider them canon.

I may have forgotten that there's a mod log that proves that.
EXc30BI.gif

:o
You know I didn’t need no amateur mod log. Jedi mods use The Force. :cool: (not that The Force was in any way needed for something any daft Hype youngling Apprentice could see).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"