The Mandalorian Chapter Four Spoiler Discussion

I was actually going to mention just a few days ago that it would be cool if there was an episode with Magnificent Seven/Seven Samurai influences. :funny:
I got really excited when I realized that we were getting that in this episode but if I’m honest I was a little let down with what we actually got.

I really enjoyed the episode even if it wasn’t my favorite. Baby yoda is still melting my heart. :atp:

This episode is much weaker compared to the previous three. The "our heroes helping innocent villagers" is super cliche, the romance subplot coming out of nowhere, Winta is annoying ("Can I feed him?" "Can I play with him?" so much cringe), the kids awing and owing is annoying. The only good thing coming out of this episode is a live action Lothcat.

Let's just say that I don't think Bryce Dallas Howard getting this directing gig is purely based on her merit (I know that no gig in any profession is based purely on merit, but still).
The kids having fun with and reacting to baby yoda as kids would......made you cringe?

Worst chapter by a country mile. The whole introduction with Cara Dune was messy and the friendship came about too quick.

The romance sublet with the widow was just odd and out of place.

The villagers training then beating pirates with half a day training. No.

I was expecting this chapter to be weak due to the director but this was a very bad episode in my opinion.

7. Still can't tell if the Mando is actually a Mando. Which is rather interesting to me. If he isn't, that would mean Boba, Jango and the Mando aren't actually Mandos. The three most identifiable Mandos in the lore so far.

I think Mando isn't even human. His fingers have nails and other details — I'm pretty sure they're not gloves — but they're orange. Maybe he's a Weequay, and last week's flashback sequence was about him as the rescuer rather than as the kid being rescued.

13. Live action Loth cat will eat your soul...

Hmm... In Rebels, the Loth-cats as a Force-sensitive species seemed to be allied with the Light Side. This one's hostile response to Baby Yoda might be another indication that Baby Yoda is a Dark Side user.

:huh: I could see this complaint if Mando settled down with her and starting making babies, and the series ended here lol. But a woman he met was interested in him...he didn't act on it, and moved on. How is that "out of nowhere"? It's not like there should have been scenes in previous episodes leading up to their brief encounter.

Exactly.

Over the years I've realized just how many people don't know what makes a "romance". So many fanboys see a man and a woman interacting on some level like in this episode and instantly consider it "a romance". Lack of life experiences me thinks.

the romance subplot coming out of nowhere
I think the show strongly implied that she took off her helmet a while back for the same reasons that he was tempted to take off his. The way probably requires that a masked Mandalorian not mention this directly when meeting an unmasked Mandalorian.

Not a bad episode but definitely the weakest so far. It felt like a filler similar to the second episode but it was cool to learn a bit more about Mando’s past

I also liked Gina Carrano’s ex-Rebel character. Hope to see more of her in future episodes

I think Mando isn't even human. His fingers have nails and other details — I'm pretty sure they're not gloves — but they're orange. Maybe he's a Weequay, and last week's flashback sequence was about him as the rescuer rather than as the kid being rescued.

Hmm... In Rebels, the Loth-cats as a Force-sensitive species seemed to be allied with the Light Side. This one's hostile response to Baby Yoda might be another indication that Baby Yoda is a Dark Side user.
The Mando is human :funny:

So Gina Carano still can't act. :funny:

Not a bad episode, but the weakest so far, imo. The whole Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven homage was too blatant to the point that there was nothing actually surprising in it.

I may have to rewatch the episode but think it's better than the first or 2nd episode. Overall it does have some weakness but can't say it's necessarily bad.

When Baby Yoda was being aimed at I stopped breathing Jesus Christ

Mando calls the child a womb rat. Do we give him that nickname too?

W.R.

Weakest episode, but still entertaining. Did get worried for a second about Baby Yoda!

I think maybe if you binge watch this within the series, it wouldn't feel as weak. It does give Mando some more character development, seeing him be a softy with the baby was precious.

Episode was great...

I’m sure I heard some dialogue mention months had passed, which I think justify a number of the choices made regarding character interactions

I mean, the time line was a bit clunky, but over all it felt like a action version of a rebels episode

Months time jump would be interesting. I just assumed days after episode 3. Figured 1 and 2 took place within days and maybe just a week before 3

I don't know why Mando became attached to the Julia Jones character and told her everything after knowing her for a day.
There's an implicit commitment to celibacy that goes with wearing the helmet — not that there wouldn't be awkward ways around that, but the spirit of the code seems as important to Mando's group as the letter — and Mando has been wearing the armor since he was a little boy. If he develops any sort of romantic connection (no matter how superficial) with someone, it's going to strongly affect his judgment.

I’m sure I heard some dialogue mention months had passed, which I think justify a number of the choices made regarding character interactions

Mando says "we raised some hell here a few weeks back" when he's telling Cara it's time for her to move on. So within the episode it hasn't necessarily been months that have passed (since 3 weeks would qualify as "a few"), but they'd definitely been there for a while.

When Baby Yoda was being aimed at I stopped breathing Jesus Christ

This is second time they have used that exact same ruse on the audience. It got me both times though.

I would have loved it if they had actually fired and the kid stopped the blaster bolt Kylo Ren style.

HighlevelTightComet-max-1mb.gif

I had a feeling this episode would have trouble pleasing the general audience after the first three. Not my favorite, but certainly a good world building, character building episode.

It was fine. Nice seeing loth-cats in live-action. Womp Rat remains adorable. Seeing just how terrifying an AT-ST would be to the average person was pretty cool. Was this a different model than the ones we’ve seen before? For some reason the head looked a little thinner to me, and the red eyes are new as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"