The Mandalorian Chapter Eleven Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Chapter XI: The Heiress
CALHCYp.jpg
- So here is Darth just sitting down to watch an episode that he thought wouldn’t have much to do with Mando-lore, and then bam! One of Darth’s top 10 sci-fi loves literally just falls from the sky bringing all the Star Wars animated goodness with her. :applaud

- Bo-Katan in live action is everything I could have dream of and more. The armor? Beautiful. Her attitude? Perfectly fitting. He preaching proper Mando etiquette? Boss. Katee Sackhoff, you are as amazing as the day you flew into my heart 17 years ago. I hope and pray we see more of her not only in the future, but this season. Please! :atp:

- Bryce Dallas Howard directed the one episode of the show I honestly didn’t like. Now she directed one of my favorites. This is the biggest come back this side of of Vader switching sides and saving the galaxy by committing elderly abuse! :hehe:

- So I know some aren’t happy with the shorter episodes, but I think the last two weeks are a good example of the length of the episodes should match the story they have to tell, not any arbitrary length. Last week didn’t have enough story for a 20 min episode. Tonight’s felt stuffed, but in the best way. An episode which will be worth watching over and over again.

IDt4jNP.jpg
- Gizmo’s reversal of fortune with his food this week felt appropriate after last week.

- In general Gizmo felt back to perfectly adorable again, after being kind of the worst last week. He was super cute, and never even tried to commit genocide! Hell he started bonding with his former lunch. And look, the episode was directed by a woman... fancy that. :o

- So I feel pretty sure Sasha isn’t playing Sabine now, and I am rather happy about it. Nothing against her, because I do quite love her with all my pro wrestling fan heart. But I think tonight’s episode was a good indication of her acting skills. She is well suited to her role here and I definitely liked her in it. Also, Gizmo totally has a new favorite Mando. She eats just like him! :ilv:

- Seeing Sasha with her normal hair is unsettling for me some reason. :funny:

- I don't know who the dude Mando was, but he seemed pretty cool to. Was I the only one who thought it was funny that Bo spent all this time with the rather "Imperial Mandos", and has now seemingly found herself not only with the "Rebels" faction, but seemingly their leader?

hCs8XrN.jpg
- The climax was straight out of Solo, in the best way. The close quarters shoot out felt like the Mandos were robbing a train, more then a starship, and felt all kinds of neat. The Mando's crew just sliced through the Imperials like a lightsaber through butter.

- So I am probably reaching, but does it seem that we were back inside the set for the prison in chapter 6 during the climax? I feel like they get a lot of mileage out of that space?

- Moff Gideon is a brave man to be so casual while Bo-Katan is on his ass. Also interesting to see some "true believer" Imperials out there. Straight to crashing this starship with no survivor was hardcore. :shg:

- It feels both weird and right, that Din's placement in this story feels much like the Ghost team from Rebels did. He's the focus, but has found himself in a much bigger world where he doesn't matter all that much. I like how "lost" in this world he feels.

- No one, not even the Jedi, lose as hard as the Mandos. Even when handled the keys to their own home planet, they lose it time and again. :funny:

- The setup for where this is going just has me all kinds of excited. Onward to next week, space cowboys. :mrk:

I3HCgrV.jpg

Last edited:
Darth all first season: They don't understand how Mando-lore works, especially with the helmet.

Bo Katan 3 mins into her first live action appearance: Din, you and your crappy people don't know how Mand-lore work, especially with the helmets.

:woo: :thud: :wowe::D::db::chd:

Darth all first season: They don't understand how Mando-lore works, especially with the helmet.

Bo Katan 3 mins into her first live action appearance: Din, you and your crappy people don't know how Mand-lore work, especially with the helmets.

:woo: :thud: :wowe::D::db::chd:

As I said earlier, Din Djarin was brainwashed and indoctrinated by ISIS. A cult of religious zealots.

Death Watch are terrorists.

Anyone know how old Bo-Katan is supposed to be? Katee Sackhoff is still a ripper at 40, but Bo-Katan has to be in her 50s easily by now?

She has the boxy Mando blasters :atp:

@flickchick85

The wig is hilarious, but I am so irrationally happy watching this. The armor is so nice in live action and she is every bit the Bo in live action as she was animated. Snow Queen is probably on the floor somewhere. We need to send help! :funny:
YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

I'm glad we have clarity now on the different Mandalorian factions. Bo-Katan is still alive and needs the Dark Saber back.

Something happened to Mandalore. Got glass bombed or whatever. Bo-Katan wants it back?

Well, was that an awesome episode or what?!

Disappointed in how short it was but it delivered. Bo Katan as much of a badass in live action as she was in Clone Wars & Rebels

They have really been outdoing themselves with the action this season. Now comes another long wait until next Friday :csad:

Apparently the Empires been spreading misinformation that Mandalore is uninhabitable? But Bo seems to think otherwise.

Edit: I was going to say that I thought the system she named was Caladan, and was a Dune shout-out, but the CC is telling me it was Calodan.

Anyone know how old Bo-Katan is supposed to be? Katee Sackhoff is still a ripper at 40, but Bo-Katan has to be in her 50s easily by now?

I would imagine that she's at least the same age as Obi-Wan.

If this show takes place around 10 years after the events of ROTJ, then she should be in her 60's.

Well, was that an awesome episode or what?!

Disappointed in how short it was but it delivered. Bo Katan as much of a badass in live action as she was in Clone Wars & Rebels

They have really been outdoing themselves with the action this season. Now comes another long wait until next Friday :csad:

When you say short...like how short? 20 Minutes? 30 Minutes?

Wow, it's so sad that Darth will never get to fill in his first post in this thread due to his ban today. Especially as this is the third best piece of media in Star Wars history, behind the Clone Wars finale and Dr. Aphra comic and infinitely above that boring Empire Strikes Back movie.

Well that more than made up for last week. :wowe:

I am SO glad she's not dead and only shown in flashback as many predicted.

As I said earlier, Din Djarin was brainwashed and indoctrinated by ISIS. A cult of religious zealots.

Death Watch are terrorists.

I don't remember if they suggested her age in TCW, but I always thought she was meant to be quite young there (like 20-22-ish), so with this being 5 years after RotJ, I was thinking she'd be right around 50 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"