The Mandalorian Chapter Two Spoiler Discussion

Those Jawas were such a-holes, I was happy to see him one up a few of them. :funny:

I'm going to die of cuteness overload watching this. Baby Yoda is everything. He needs to protect him at all costs.

These episodes are so short though, I thought they were going to be a hour each.

Ehhhh, except this is mostly good.

Agree not all of the expanded uni is good but I loved the Thrawn trilogy and Tales of the Mos Eisly Cantina. Thought many of the stories were creative and a lot of fun.

Great episode, I’m loving how minimalist it all is.
This is my biggest take away. I looooooove how clean and to-the-point the story telling is. It's totally scratching my Once Upon a Time in the West/The Road Warrior/No Country For Old Men "just shut up and tell the story with visuals and editing" itch.

Finally did the dang thang and subscribed to D+ and watched the first two episodes. Random thoughts:

Love the Mandolorian as a character but I do hope he takes his helmet off eventually because in some instances (like when he’s flying his ship) it just seems weird that he’s still wearing it. At the very least, it doesn’t seem very hygienic.

Baby Yoda/Gizmo/Yody is the cutest thing in the SW universe EVER and I refuse to hear otherwise.

Nick Nolte as the little alien farmer dude is great and I hope we see more of him down the line.

I need to watch some interviews with Werner Herzog to see if he just talks like a supervillain in real life. I’m guessing he does.

Shame that he had to kill of the bounty hunter droid. That thing was cool. Hey hope we see another one of those in the future.

Is Disney so ashamed of Solo’s failure at the box office that they refused to put it on their streaming service? lol

All in all, Mando is a great show so far and I’m definitely going to stick with it. I love the “Man with No Name” western feel to it all. I have spoken.

Finally did the dang thang and subscribed to D+ and watched the first two episodes. Random thoughts:

Love the Mandolorian as a character but I do hope he takes his helmet off eventually because in some instances (like when he’s flying his ship) it just seems weird that he’s still wearing it. At the very least, it doesn’t seem very hygienic.

Baby Yoda/Gizmo/Yody is the cutest thing in the SW universe EVER and I refuse to hear otherwise.

Nick Nolte as the little alien farmer dude is great and I hope we see more of him down the line.

I need to watch some interviews with Werner Herzog to see if he just talks like a supervillain in real life. I’m guessing he does.

Shame that he had to kill of the bounty hunter droid. That thing was cool. Hey hope we see another one of those in the future.

Is Disney so ashamed of Solo’s failure at the box office that they refused to put it on their streaming service? lol

All in all, Mando is a great show so far and I’m definitely going to stick with it. I love the “Man with No Name” western feel to it all. I have spoken.

Solo is on D+

Nothing major happened, besides confirmation that the Child is Force-sensitive, which is something I think we all assumed.
And that there is still even more active kill orders/ bring in dead bounties on the Yoby,
Yes we assumed it, this confirms, and they'll keep coming.
Also have to add, on second watch during the Trandoshans ambush, as he enters the canyon, when the Mando looks up, and you see them leaping across the canyon reflected in his helmet, was a thing of beauty.
We need baby Yoby gifs. I have spoken!

I don't know if people can handle all the cuteness...
source.gif

source.gif

tenor.gif

996bba70f9a0539fcd87b2c97d25f30d53c6d9a8.gifv

Last edited:
Solo will be available on D+ July 9, 2020.

Anyone want to theorize how the tracking fobs work? Is it like digital DNA tracking?
I've been wondering about that too. DNA tracking makes sense. It implies that in the star wars galaxy everyone's DNA is on file and the bounty hunter guild has access to it. Which is more than a little unnerving.

I've been wondering about that too. DNA tracking makes sense. It implies that in the star wars galaxy everyone's DNA is on file and the bounty hunter guild has access to it. Which is more than a little unnerving.

I suspect that it could partially be part of the "chain code" as well.

Well, it might not be that easy/extreme. For example, maybe they're only able to track DNA if they have access to a sample of it via the target's origins or relatives. Like a hair sample or even a dead parent/ancestor or something. So in theory, that could be something else they have to work to acquire first, and could be worth money in and of itself. But of course those with criminal history who've been in the system already would automatically have their DNA on record, so tracking fobs would be a given for them.

Well, it might not be that easy/extreme. For example, maybe they're only able to track DNA if they have access to a sample of it via the target's origins or relatives. Like a hair sample or even a dead parent/ancestor or something. So in theory, that could be something else they have to work to acquire first, and could be worth money in and of itself. But of course those with criminal history who've been in the system already would automatically have their DNA on record, so tracking fobs would be a given for them.

The tracking fobs are so advanced they can create a tracking beacon based on a digital tracking computer algorithm based on some simple coding :D

So in that sense, maybe it's as simple as a computer algorithm that creates a homing beacon?

Oh my gods. Cuteness overload :hrt: its too much.
Do you think the Mando will turn him in? :(

Do you think the Mando will turn him in? :(
That's certainly what they're having fun with, every action he's done, kept him alive, rocking him, etc. can be read as genuinely caring, ....or he's just making sure he's keeping him alive, to collect the bigger bounty for himself.
Of course there is no subtlety in that pretty much the one thing we know about this Mando, is that he too was once a foundling, separated from his own, and saved by (so far a mystery) somebody.
So if you find yourself projecting the same empathy onto his actions, it's cause, they want you to.
I doubt it, but they can just as easilly, and somewhat cynically flip it on us, and do the: he is a Bounty Hunter after all, so what were you excpecting. :funny:

Last edited:
I see him turning him in, finding out he will be used for nefarious means, then taking him back toward the end of the season.

Honestly, with the Clone Wars backstory, maybe the Mando has a soft spot because Yoda himself helped save him as a child?

I just am so very satisfied my expectations are met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"