The Mandalorian Chapter One Spoiler Discussion

I like how they explained how Yoda's race ages despite the baby being 50. I thought that was clever.

50 years seems a bit long for an infancy even when it's Yoda's species. Yoda was about 900 which makes me think 50 should be more of a toddler rather than an infant.

That's nitpicking though. I thought the first episode was fantastic and I can't wait for more.

50 years seems a bit long for an infancy even when it's Yoda's species. Yoda was about 900 which makes me think 50 should be more of a toddler rather than an infant.

That's nitpicking though. I thought the first episode was fantastic and I can't wait for more.

I mean we really know very little about his race anyway, so I don't mind so much. Even Star Wars website lists his species as "unknown."

It's always been really weird to me that with all of Wookieepedia's information on even the tiniest details (even the Death Sticks guy has his own page), Yoda's species is unknown. It's great that we might finally know, and if someone as innocent as a baby of his species is being hunted, that's piqued my interest tremendously.

Not interested in anything .
LOL people compelled to announce to everyone, their supposed indifference.
Which is the opposite of being indifferent. :funny:

giphy.gif

So the Mandalorian blacksmith, we'll probably be seeing more of her, as he comes back to add to and build up his armor.
She also reads a bit as a tribal figurehead and guide as she asks if he's chosen his signet.
Emily Swallow is credited as the Armorer, I assume that's the character, should I make her own thread?
Also, I think the blacksmith said "sigil"
Actually “Signet”:yay:

Last edited:
Watched this episode again. I will say the only two things that I neccesarily didn't care for is the blue alien in the beginning, he just didn't feel like a Star Wars alien for some reason, maybe it was him speaking english. Something just felt very off, but again, not that big of a deal.

The music is also so different from anything we have heard in Star Wars. But I feel like I can get use to it.

I do think this would have benefited by having the first two episodes together, because right when you start getting into the show, it ends. At least we only got to wait until Friday!

I will say, this is definitely the Star Wars I want to see, and have waited to see since Disney took over. More Filoni/Jon Fav collabs in the future please!

LOL people compelled to announce to everyone, their supposed indifference.
Which is the opposite of being indifferent. :funny:
Well i didnt follow neither casting, director or producer. Wasnt interested in neither who and where in universe this is happening. Just wanted to check it out does it "Disney movie" sucks or not. It doesnt suck (yet).

This is why my previous post was put as it was. Cause I didnt even bother checking till I got reply it's Pedro Pascal. That's how sour I am on anything Star Wars related.

One thing I was thinking about of The Mandalorian's character and the ending scene... The flashbacks, it seems he lost his family in an attack, maybe Yoda is the one who came to the village and saved him? Maybe that's why he didn't want to kill the Baby Yoda? I'm not sure. Also not sure what war was going on when the attack takes place when he's just a boy.

One thing I was thinking about of The Mandalorian's character and the ending scene... The flashbacks, it seems he lost his family in an attack, maybe Yoda is the one who came to the village and saved him? Maybe that's why he didn't want to kill the Baby Yoda? I'm not sure. Also not sure what war was going on when the attack takes place when he's just a boy.

Could be that but I doubt it.
To me, it was against his code, Mandopascal doesn't hunt kids and his flashback as a child reminded him why (his family, clan, planet was hunted down).

Very solid start for the series. I'm in. I really just couldn't help but smile throughout the episode just thinking..."we're there", we're at the point where technology, market demand for this type of content, etc. everything has caught up to the point where we can go to GFFA for hours upon hours and the production values live up to what we come to expect. Pretty incredible.

And yes, the Yoda-baby was adorable. I have spoken.

Going forward, Mando will have to fight off those still hunting the "yaby"....

Could be that but I doubt it.
To me, it was against his code, Mandopascal doesn't hunt kids and his flashback as a child reminded him why (his family, clan, planet was hunted down).

I guess that makes more sense haha.

I'm trepidatious about the Yoda baby because I really, really don't want that mystery to be revealed. Some things just shouldn't be unveiled, and I don't know what purpose it would serve. But there are other ways the story can go. It has my curiosity.

I don't care what anyone says, the end reveal ought to be a huge deal for SW fans as it strongly suggests the show will deal with the origins of Yoda's people.

For me that is huge.

Super solid and fun first chapter that looked incredible production values wise.

Yeah this guy ain't Boba Fett. This character actually has a conscience. He's also that child from the previews. So he's a "foundling." More evidence he's not Boba Fett.

The twist with the baby is good. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be Rey.

Clickbait websites running with "major spoiler for Star Wars universe in first episode." Nope there was none.

A baby that looks to be the same race as Yoda doesn't count.

Disney Is New to Streaming, but Its Marketing Is Unmatched

Fake news by the New York Times.
What exactly was "Fake News"?

The claim that there would be a major spoiler for the entire Star Wars Universe in the first episode.

The claim that there would be a major spoiler for the entire Star Wars Universe in the first episode.

Ah... Well for me the baby Yoda was that. I understand you don't consider it so but if I was describing the episode to a fellow fan who hadn't seen it I would totally leave out the end as I would totally consider it a major spoiler absolutely connected to the wider SW universe given the decades long mystery about Yoda's people along with Yoda's pop culture status and use in literally all three trilogies, Clone Wars and Rebels.

But that's me. My standards for "Fake News" are obviously not yours.

Ah... Well for me the baby Yoda was that. I understand you don't consider it so but if I was describing the episode to a fellow fan who hadn't seen it I would totally leave out the end as I would totally consider it a major spoiler absolutely connected to the wider SW universe given the decades long mystery about Yoda's people along with Yoda's pop culture status and use in literally all three trilogies, Clone Wars and Rebels.

But that's me. My standards for "Fake News" are obviously not yours.

Seeing a baby of Yoda's same race isn't really a huge spoiler IMO. Like what exactly does that spoil? We've seen other members of Yoda's race before. We know they exist or existed before. And we still know very little about the baby other than that it was 50 years and old being kept by cutthroats or mercenaries and the Imperial remnants want it or are OK with it being dead. So the revelation of the baby alone is not some universe-shattering spoiler to me.

Watched this episode again. I will say the only two things that I neccesarily didn't care for is the blue alien in the beginning, he just didn't feel like a Star Wars alien for some reason, maybe it was him speaking english. Something just felt very off, but again, not that big of a deal.

Agreed! He seemed like he'd fit more into the cast of The Orville. Definitely not a "Star Wars-y" alien. But wasn't a huge deal. Still a great episode! Can't wait for more!

I don't care what anyone says, the end reveal ought to be a huge deal for SW fans as it strongly suggests the show will deal with the origins of Yoda's people.

For me that is huge.

Super solid and fun first chapter that looked incredible production values wise.

Seeing a baby of Yoda's same race isn't really a huge spoiler IMO. Like what exactly does that spoil? We've seen other members of Yoda's race before. We know they exist or existed before. And we still know very little about the baby other than that it was 50 years and old being kept by cutthroats or mercenaries and the Imperial remnants want it or are OK with it being dead. So the revelation of the baby alone is not some universe-shattering spoiler to me.

it is to me I'm mostly a fan of SW through the movies never really read any of the old canon novels checked out a few episodes of the clone wars but that's about it so that reveal had hooked to me it's something fresh maybe not to the hardcore fans like some of you but to the casual SW fan like myself it has me very intrigued

after TLJ my interest was non existent but this first episode got me on track again for the SW Disney plus offering so it did it's job IMO

Who was the one in the background that looked like Boba? I assumed that was the spoiler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"