The Mandalorian Chapter 18 Spoiler Discussion

I didn't like Din needing to be saved twice this episode, I was getting Boba Fett vibes from that... plus him still not being able to use the Darksaber properly made him look weak. At this point it seems like he's not going to keep the Darksaber, especially after they showed Bo-Katan using it.

I didn't like Din needing to be saved twice this episode, I was getting Boba Fett vibes from that... plus him still not being able to use the Darksaber properly made him look weak. At this point it seems like he's not going to keep the Darksaber, especially after they showed Bo-Katan using it.

Yeah, that really bothered me during this episode and I'm glad I'm not the only one. As much as I love seeing Katie Sackoff be a badass it felt super contrived and rushed how they brought her to Din.

I get why it happened, but I didn't like how it was set up at all. The Grogu solo stuff was fun, but like the last episode it definitely feels like something is a bit off with the writing for this season so far.

I preferred the first episode overall, but at least the show still looks amazing from a production standpoint and that alien robot thing was pretty creepy and I loved the creature design for it.

Sorry to say, I officially like Bo's ship better than Din's.

Ain't that the truth. I paid $80 for the LEGO set, and I don't even like LEGO. The Mandalorian Starfighter just hits different.

I really liked this episode, but I did laugh at the fact that they spent 10 minutes showing Din and Grogu descending the caverns, only to turn around and show Bo and Grogu... descending the caverns in the exact same way, beat for beat.

This had some really standout creature design, with the croco-bat things, and that hermit crab mech rider. The aesthetics have been on point this season.

And I see Grogu has truly mastered the art of the unnecessary front flip. A Jedi tradition. Or if you're Roy Harper from Arrow.

He'll never be able to use the darksaber "properly". He could approximate it, like Pre, Sabine, and Bo. But he'll never be "attuned" to it. Because that's only something a force user can do. If anyone is going to get to keep the darksaber, it's probably the kid. Because he's a force user.

Ain't that the truth. I paid $80 for the LEGO set, and I don't even like LEGO. The Mandalorian Starfighter just hits different.

I really liked this episode, but I did laugh at the fact that they spent 10 minutes showing Din and Grogu descending the caverns, only to turn around and show Bo and Grogu... descending the caverns in the exact same way, beat for beat.

This had some really standout creature design, with the croco-bat things, and that hermit crab mech rider. The aesthetics have been on point this season.

And I see Grogu has truly mastered the art of the unnecessary front flip. A Jedi tradition. Or if you're Roy Harper from Arrow.
The writing on this show. :hehe:

He'll never be able to use the darksaber "properly". He could approximate it, like Pre, Sabine, and Bo. But he'll never be "attuned" to it. Because that's only something a force user can do. If anyone is going to get to keep the darksaber, it's probably the kid. Because he's a force user.

Posting because I'm a shameless self-promoter lol-
d5Tbxxl.jpeg

Posting because I'm a shameless self-promoter lol-
d5Tbxxl.jpeg
Either you just knocked that up in 2 minutes(!) Or you've been waiting for this moment all your life :D (/since you drew/inked it :O). Very nice either way :cool:

Apparently Bo can bench insane weight, considering she can use the darksaber like a dagger, while the 250 pound Visla couldn't even hold it with two hands. :lmao:

Are we supposed to suddenly forget all the years (10 to 20) she was in possession of it and obviously trained to use it? Come on people, you're supposed to be smarter than this....

bunk-moreland.gif

Last edited:
Sorry to say, I officially like Bo's ship better than Din's.

Gauntlet and Fang ships are great fun designs. I would totally buy a second Gauntlet fighter for the X-wing miniatures game if it was a tad cheaper.

Great episode with the real Mandalorian, Bo-Katan.

Bo-Katan: "You know, my brother in law was a Jedi".

Gizmo totally called her a ***** when she told him not be scared.

I did miss the exploits of Din Djarin, totally mediocre warrior. Just somehow stumbling into victory.

Bo-Katan sort of leaving out some important facts of her family here. It is interesting to hear her talk about it, given where she started in the Clone Wars. Still, kinda funny with her talking about Mandos killing each other over silly things, when, you know, she joined up with Death Watch. She is beginning to sound a lot like Satine. I do wonder if they are going to lean into Satine's death sort of leading her to her current "**** tradition" mindset. I really hope they do not ignore the New Mandalorians. They are a fascinating aspect of the Mando culture.

Grogu Kart Racing looks really fun.

I think, as enjoyable as this episode was, it is exposing a lot of weakness in the story telling of the show. Okay, R5 was a fun glup ****to. Going back to Tatooine was fun. But, it leads to the question, why the hell did we go all over the IG-11 drama in the premiere if he just picks up an R5 unit the next episode. Episodic content if fine. I'm loving the episodic stuff from Bad Batch. But you give these little bits of where the story will go, and then just ignore it. It is kind of the Gizmo going with Luke issue, on a smaller scale. Was the pirate guy supposed to be a recurring villain, or just a one shot? What will they follow up on, or what should we just forget after we get it.

Bo-Katan sort of leaving out some important facts of her family here. It is interesting to hear her talk about it, given where she started in the Clone Wars. Still, kinda funny with her talking about Mandos killing each other over silly things, when, you know, she joined up with Death Watch. She is beginning to sound a lot like Satine. I do wonder if they are going to lean into Satine's death sort of leading her to her current "**** tradition" mindset. I really hope they do not ignore the New Mandalorians. They are a fascinating aspect of the Mando culture.

I definitely need Satine's name to be mentioned in live-action.

So the whole last episode was pointless. Din end up with Luke's old droid, when Greef offered him a droid last episode. Then we get Grogu who now hinders the show. Why couldn't Grogu free Dinn when we have already seen him take on creatures and droids way bigger than this? The whole point is to team up Bo-Katan and Din, but they went about it in a very poor way. This going forward is gonna turn into Bo-Katan regaining pride for her former position through the traditions of Din. Then Din will learn how to become less rigid in his traditions through her. I see a unification story coming. Overall very light on story which explains all the long shots of them walking.

So no one else has ever thought to go and test the air quality on Mandalore? Yeah right.

With every passing episode, it makes less and less sense that Grogurt doesn't talk. :funny:
I'm reminded of the Fuzzies from H. Beam Piper's books: adorable little bipedal aliens, knee-high compared to an adult human, whose only vocalization is a cute "yeek" sound. It turns out that they actually talk a lot, except that their complex language is pitched mostly above the range of human hearing.

What is Bo-Katan doing in that castle all this time??
She's being so blatantly conspicuous, sitting bored there on the throne — and annoyed when Din keeps showing up — that I suspect she's the bait in a sting.

i think that she's okay. I still wish they had cast the original voice actress. She was so much better in the role.

Ah Kate is the original actress, she played the character in both the Clone Wars and Rebels. In fact she the only voice actor to make the transition from animation to live action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"