The Mandalorian Chapter 18 Spoiler Discussion

That might be due to the cancer she successfully fought.
While that is very charitable of you, my Mom also had thyroid removal. The surgery doesn't involve rhinoplasty, cheek and jaw fillers, buccal fat removal, or lip sculpting.

I don't know. Katee just looks like Katee to me. But I do know she looks nothing like Bo's voice actor.

There's no longer need for that part. He needed a functioning IG-11 to scout Mandalore's environment. The R5 unit did it for him. Hence no need for IG-11 anymore.
Oh they don't need IG-11 right now, but they wouldn't tease us with his return like that. Might need an IG unit to help defend against pirates for example. They are not just going to leave the Droid Smiths waiting around without him returning there either.

The season has started out a bit odd to me. Making a big deal out of getting IG-11 functional, only to show that pretty much any droid could do what he needed (walk/roll a few meters and then make a scan). Not only that, he can pressurize his own helmet so clearly he can just go out to do the scan himself if he just gets a handheld scanner. Two steps of redundancy to that, plus no obvious reason why the scan couldn't be done where the ship was but had to be done just a few meters into the nearby cave.

The whole living droid capture thing also felt like a roundabout way to get Bo-Katan to join, when she was literally doing nothing but sit alone on her throne and it didn't take anything special to make her go from wanting to leave on her own after rescuing Din to giving a guided tour of the mines anyway.

It just feels like the two first episodes have had a lot of obvious padding to them. It hasn't made them bad but it feels like this part of the story should have more direction to it, as we're past doing bounty missions and searching for a place for Grogu with no knowledge of where to start.

I also think that they need to do more development with Grogu. We got a little in the second episode but this far it's not enough to warrant rushing to put him back with Din. As it stands I'd rather have him be absent and let the emotional climax of season 2 resonate longer.

Last edited:
The living droid enemy was super cool and more disturbing than I tend to expect from Star Wars. For that alone, this episode was a success to me.

And I'm definitely intrigued by Bo Kotan going in the waters, which I presume means that she too is now forgiven and she too could live out a life being a full Mandalorian... if that is even what she wishes. It'll be interesting to see which way she goes.

As we go further along, I think she is a pretty bomb character honestly. She can handle the dark saber, and I sort of like the idea of her reclaiming the throne with Din's help.

I don't know. Katee just looks like Katee to me. But I do know she looks nothing like Bo's voice actor.

You do realize that Katee is the voice of Bo Katan in the animated series, right?

8bffdda4364910351ddfe0988f0ef0b1d8668555.gifv

3a3414cf16f37aa732f538d9839dfe7b1efc2c64.gifv

9c967cf301ca27251dbbf4d5c4bf76800c83ba3c.gifv

405effdaee97526dad7fd9ddf89b001174de466b.gifv

159c3f2fba60478a1d9a9fc2aa3eae2592656139.gifv

d1f2d29992e2a0a1f344abc1a3b7d902925cfabe.gifv

30f31a892aa72eaa24fbd345a75bf25a0f33a0bc.gifv

The living droid enemy was super cool and more disturbing than I tend to expect from Star Wars. For that alone, this episode was a success to me.

And I'm definitely intrigued by Bo Kotan going in the waters, which I presume means that she too is now forgiven and she too could live out a life being a full Mandalorian... if that is even what she wishes. It'll be interesting to see which way she goes.

As we go further along, I think she is a pretty bomb character honestly. She can handle the dark sabre, and I sort of like the idea of her reclaiming the throne with Din's help.

I mean, what is a True Mandalorian? I mean, I highly doubt she is going to start following the creed as the Children of the Watch say it. A small part of the episode I keep going back to in my mind is the pog soup bit. Din doesn't know what it is, but to Bo-katan, it is a childhood staple. And I highly doubt the Armorer will ever accept Bo-katan. Bo-katan is sounding a lot more like her sister this episode, which kind of makes sense with all that has happened to her and Mandalore over the years.

I do laugh at the people being like "Din saw the Mythosaur, he is the Mandalore". Like, he saw nothing. Man did not see where he was going and passed out while sinking in his armor.

As we go further along, I think she is a pretty bomb character honestly. She can handle the dark sabre, and I sort of like the idea of her reclaiming the throne with Din's help.
I mean, what is a True Mandalorian? I mean, I highly doubt she is going to start following the creed as the Children of the Watch say it. A small part of the episode I keep going back to in my mind is the pog soup bit. Din doesn't know what it is, but to Bo-katan, it is a childhood staple. And I highly doubt the Armorer will ever accept Bo-katan. Bo-katan is sounding a lot more like her sister this episode, which kind of makes sense with all that has happened to her and Mandalore over the years.

I do laugh at the people being like "Din saw the Mythosaur, he is the Mandalore". Like, he saw nothing. Man did not see where he was going and passed out while sinking in his armor.
The idea of "true Mandalorians" inside TCW/Rebels was always a "race realist" situation. It's why those that practice (Death Watch) are those that killed the progressive leader of Mandalore, who was trying to move away from violence. It's why those enforcing the strict Imperial policies, shared the look of the Empire, as opposed to the rebellious POCs of Sabine and her family. Death Watch here has gone even more backwards, more extreme. Pre Vizsla, who traced his line back to the one and only Mando Jedi, and the creation of the darksaber, removed his helmet all the time.

I personally vote for Fenn Rau and the Mandalorian Protectors to be the "True" Mandalorians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"