The Mandalorian Chapter Eleven Spoiler Discussion

I'm betting on Ahsoka making her appearance in Episode 5 with Filoni as well. Maybe we could get a tease at the end of episode 4 similar to Luke in TFA, but I don't see anyone but Filoni directing Ahsoka.

Something we haven't seen talked about much, and the ending puts a real lamp shade on it (I hope...) is that in taking it upon himself to quest to bring this orphan someplace safe (Could he have said no? Ultimately, yes. At any point along the way he could have chosen to give up or look the other way. He made his choice when he blew the IG droid's head off in the first chapter. This is HIS way.) Mando is losing a lot.

I know... That should go without saying. Anti-hero or what not we expect ax the audience as a protagonist, and one living by a code as he does, that he'll just grin and bear the personal or material loses that are a result of this disruption to his life before the story began for us as the audience.

But I hope that is integrated into this season as it should also as a result impact the story.

I think of it this way:

Mando is a one man operation based, as far as we have seen unless Mando has a secret roost or lair someplace, out of the Razor. Well by end of this episode the Razor Crest is looking pretty badly off. Not to mention we can't know how many important other items or equipment on board that reasonably could be assumed were beaten up beyond repair these last two chapters. Mando has to make some scratch just to make even and pay his way across the galaxy on this quest. Right now he looks to be in a really desperate situation if you think about it. And getting new bounty jobs still has issues. He spends a lot of time protecting the child. There is not a guarantee of a safe spot to load the baby off with each time. So that cuts into job opportunities too.

What I'm getting at is this is all perfect justifications for changes to the status quo in some form or the other going forward. What if the Razor Crest is not worth salvaging long term? Does Mando get a new ship? How does he pay it? Ditto if the Razor needs repairs that take a long time. Thus stranding Mando someplace for perhaps multiple episodes for a story that requires a lot of fleshing out. Or Mando gets a new ride for this period or hitches a ride with new characters.

I hope they address these questions and use them to the story's advantage.

They should do The Purge Of Mandalore movie or miniseries and put it on Disney+. If that does well, do a whole Mandalore history show in GoT style.
They’d have my money for it all now. Amazing prospect that would be.

Hearing Ahsoka's name in a live action star wars production was so very satisfying. Kind of surreal, actually. We've come a long way from the 2008 Clone Wars film.

I remember when that film first came out. I had a buddy dying to go see it. I was initially was very meh on it. I watched a couple of episode when it premiered, and wasn't getting into it. Then they had Maul appearing, I watched that whole Savage/Maul arc and was instantly hooked. Rawatched all of it and loved a lot of the episodes. But I do remember the flak Ahsoka got when she first appeared. The "Skyguy" nickname was a little goofy, but I never quite understood the amount of hate she got. It wasn't Jar Jar level, but it was still pretty bad. Now she's a fan favorite. Which is awesome.

I remember when that film first came out. I had a buddy dying to go see it. I was initially was very meh on it. I watched a couple of episode when it premiered, and wasn't getting into it. Then they had Maul appearing, I watched that whole Savage/Maul arc and was instantly hooked. Rawatched all of it and loved a lot of the episodes. But I do remember the flak Ahsoka got when she first appeared. The "Skyguy" nickname was a little goofy, but I never quite understood the amount of hate she got. It wasn't Jar Jar level, but it was still pretty bad. Now she's a fan favorite. Which is awesome.
When I saw the trailer for the film I wasn’t particularly interested. Had no idea how good the series would later become. The Savage/Maul stuff was a great part of it but really there were so many great parts (including everything to do with Mandalorians).

The revelation that the Mandos so far are not just an offshoot of Death Watch but also a weird cult and the Armourer was probably lying to the Mandalorian with her weird delivery of Jedi info, plus the helmet design, makes me think that theory of
the Armourer being Rook Kast might pan out. I really want this now. Especially as I thought it was weird she seemed to just disappear during the Siege of Mandalore. Unless I'm mistaken, despite them making sure to get her in there, she does not get captured like Saxon and we don't see what becomes of her. Running off with some survivors to start a cult?

The revelation that the Mandos so far are not just an offshoot of Death Watch but also a weird cult and the Armourer was probably lying to the Mandalorian with her weird delivery of Jedi info, plus the helmet design, makes me think that theory of
the Armourer being Rook Kast might pan out. I really want this now. Especially as I thought it was weird she seemed to just disappear during the Siege of Mandalore. Unless I'm mistaken, despite them making sure to get her in there, she does not get captured like Saxon and we don't see what becomes of her. Running off with some survivors to start a cult?
This could be the reason they keep their helmets on at all times. To hide their identities. I'd be all for it. :D

This was a fantastic episode. Could have been a little bit longer, but I liked how it was straight to the point. I said it after the first episode, but this season has really upped the game in terms of how the Mando armor looks and is shot. It consistently looks badass and the fact that we're seeing plenty of armor variations certainly makes it exciting.

Also loved this new planet. Probably one of the first newer planets in awhile that felt a little refreshing. It's nice to see some more city aesthetics for some of these planets, it's one of the more visually interesting things from the prequels.

I even didn't payed attention that Katee Sackhoff was cast, nevermind the thread about it, a moment of blindness.
Anyways, it was a nice surprise. She looked great in the armor.
Nice episode, it was cool to see Mon Cal and Quarrens.

I'm not familiar with the Clone War..I know the name Bo Katan and know she is Mandalorian nobility but that's all. So, she is part of the Death Watch, is that a Mandalorian rebellion group ?
She said Mando was part of The Watch, are they many "Watch" groups among the Mandalorian ?

I even didn't payed attention that Katee Sackhoff was cast, nevermind the thread about it, a moment of blindness.
Anyways, it was a nice surprise. She looked great in the armor.
Nice episode, it was cool to see Mon Cal and Quarrens.

I'm not familiar with the Clone War..I know the name Bo Katan and know she is Mandalorian nobility but that's all. So, she is part of the Death Watch, is that a Mandalorian rebellion group ?
She said Mando was part of The Watch, are they many "Watch" groups among the Mandalorian ?
Death Watch was a group of terrorists during the Clone Wars that were rebelling against the pacifist government and wanted to go back to their warrior past. Bo was a part of them, but left. It sounds like the idea is some surviving members went off and formed a cult that they started indoctrinating children like Din into in an attempt to achieve their goals.

Thanks.
Any mention of Mando's group "The Watch" in the Clone War ?

Hearing Ahsoka's name in a live action star wars production was so very satisfying. Kind of surreal, actually. We've come a long way from the 2008 Clone Wars film.
Agreed. She is one of my favourite characters in Star Wars. I can't wait to see what they do with her.

I'm hoping the next time Din meets the Armorer he confronts her about the truth of the Watch. I want to see if she's just another misguided indoctrinated person like Din or if she knows exactly how full of **** their cult is, and is part of the con.

And I have to wonder if her motive for questing Din is as altruistic as it first seems. If she might be using Din to find Jedi or Gizmo's species so the Watch can kill them. Im not even entirely convinced Gideon's group killed all the Mandos on Nevarro. Its suspicious that all those Mandos were slaughtered and she is the sole survivor and is being allowed to continue working her forge. She could be working with Gideon.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the next time Din meets the Armorer he confronts her about the truth of the Watch. I want to see if she's just another misguided indoctrinated person like Din or if she knows exactly how full of **** their cult is, and is part of the con.

And I have to wonder if her motive for questing Din is as altruistic as it first seems. If she might be using Din to find Jedi or Gizmo's species so the Watch can kill them. Im not even entirely convinced Gideon's group killed all the Mandos on Nevarro. Its suspicious that all those Mandos were slaughtered and she is the sole survivor and is being allowed to continue working her forge. She could be working with Gideon.

*gasps* i hadnt thought of that.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t she the last major George Lucas created Star Wars character? It’s only fitting that we finally get to see her in live-action form.

Lucas himself must be so proud of Dave Filoni and excited for this series.

Last edited:

I can't say this possibility even faintly was possible before this episode but you aren't wrong. I see this as a real way to go given how shaken he was upon meeting someone outside his own group and a person with a claim to ancestral rulership no less.

I guess I would prefer the amorer as being "above" schemes or such. It appeals to me that his quest is blessed by his culture's ways and that someone like the Amorer would use their authority to justify mercy and caring for another even within a brutal warrior culture by interpreting the tenets to suit a just and moral outcome. Our character is who he is because it is obvious he chose to believe in the "The Way". I like the idea of showing how a person can live up to a way or code that doesn't totally make sense to an outsider but the inner humanity still shines brightly too so her being on the up and up is where I lean but I can't deny it is great grist for the mill if drama and narrative twists to delve into how corrupted the sect Mando was raised in is.

Not a huge fan of this theory. While her helmet does suggest a connection to the Mauldalorians, I would hate for them to ruin that character's armor. As cool as the Armorer's armor is, that character's is something that would be cool in live action.

As for history of Mandalorians, I would be shocked if that is not in the plans for the High Republic.

Agreed.

Now, all that's left is for Hayden to reprise his role (via Flashback) and have him mention Ahsoka as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"