The Mandalorian Chapter One Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Chapter One

So I loved it, my bro loved it, and my best friend loved it. So I think that started well. But lets forget about all that and talk about the important stuff.

1. An all time classic Star Wars opening scene right off the bat.

2. I loved how stoic and silent then Mando was until he wasn't. Then he suddenly had all the character. Pascal is going to be so fun. I wonder why he doesn't like droids...

3. IG-11 was fantastic, from his movement to his voice, and his need to self-destruct killed me. Makes me think he will be coming back, as they probably have some way to save his memory.

4. Gizmo Yoda is so cute. I am curious where they are going with that. Rumors we will find out Yoda's race seem valid now.

5. Skyrim Mando looked great. The Mando forge looked fantastic. I love that there seems to be an underground network, of the surviving Mandos. Gives me a lot of hopes on where they will go with the mythos there. Perhaps the rebuilding of Mandalore? Also we are totally seeing the likes of Sabine and Bo Katana.

6. The lore in this episode was overwhelming, in a good way. The world building is top notch. From Mon Cal money, to all the Mando lore talk.

7. I love that the armor is so distinct. You can clearly see what is the real deal, and what isn't. His helmet is glorious.

8. New opening logo is so nice, I had to watch it twice.

9. The end credits, with that theme and concept art is fantastic. I hope they continue that every week, with different concept art.

10. The look of the show is better then even trailers indicated. I am very happy about that. It isn't quite the movies, but it is close and it doesn't hinder anything.

11. I dug the music. Not very Star Warsy, but it works well for the show imo. Let's see where that goes.

I can't wait for more, and good news we only have to wait 3 days. :mrk:

9C0G23R.png

Last edited:
Wow. I mean just got damn that was awesome.

Yeah this guy ain't Boba Fett. This character actually has a conscience. He's also that child from the previews. So he's a "foundling." More evidence he's not Boba Fett.

The twist with the baby is good. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be Rey.

Clickbait websites running with "major spoiler for Star Wars universe in first episode." Nope there was none.

A baby that looks to be the same race as Yoda doesn't count.

Disney Is New to Streaming, but Its Marketing Is Unmatched

Fake news by the New York Times.

OMGONK! LOVE this show and the main character.

Lots of clueless noise about how grim dark (and not your dad's SW) this was going to be, yet there is a warmth and whimsy to this character that's speaks to the kids who loved the originals (me anyway, if you were looking for something else, sorry) .
There was a reason Favreau very publicly cited Lucas' advice.
One thing he said to me was, ‘Remember, Jon, the real audience for all stories and all myths is the kids that are coming of age,’ because he’s really a Joseph Campbell adherent.”
He wanted everyone to know what he was doing.
And he captured that perfectly.
As well as episodic TV, for me this easily could have been an episode of Lone Wolf & Cub or if you want your western John Ford reference the Three Godfathers, and Kung Fu which I watched religiously, and I'm guessing Favreau did too, , which I cited from the go as potential inspirations, and perfectly matched the tone and pacing.

Another clueless bunch were those clinging to this will be Fett, with their mindless mantra it all begins with Fett! You really can't help those people.
Yes outside the mythology, you haven't said anything everyone doesn't know.
What you don't seem to get is they Filoni and Favreau have been and are building the mythology, which in story, goes well beyond , and before Fett.
I am so glad they didn't listen to any of that noise, and are going full force building the Mythology, not just stuck on Fett.
He said it from the go.

Beautiful scene and mythology building, all wonderfully hammered out and constructed at the Mandalorian forge, with the sparks and flashbacks. Love the visuals of that.
Love the slow burn reveal we'll be getting to the past of to this wonderful new character!

And Pascal absolutely delivers and emotes through all the armor. The very human being underneath absolutely shines through.

Well done.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it was a strong anti-droid bias. It was more like "oy droids" kind of thing. He seemed willing to work with IG-11 and knew how to reason with him for the most part.

But was Mando even a true Mandalorian or simply a war orphan? Or an orphaned Mandalorian? The Armorer mentioned foundlings and Mando said he was a foundling when he had his flashback.

Baby Yoda was definitely something I didn't see coming, and I can't wait to see what direction they go in with that new plot development. It honestly feels so rare these days to actually be surprised by stuff anymore with spoilers being everywhere and hopefully this show has more left field surprises like that up its sleeve.

I loved that brief little team up sequence that Mando had with IG-11 as well. I really enjoyed the back and forth between those two which makes me think that we will definitely see that character again at some point at least it would be a pretty big missed opportunity IMO if we didn't since they already seem to have pretty great chemistry with each other.

2. ... I wonder why he doesn't like droids...

I think this was answered, they are prone to pre-programming, as we saw with his hysterical banter with the determinalist driven "self-destruct" prone IG11.
And who later, is unable to shift mind-frame, after seeing the bounty is a baby.
He's locked into one outcome.
Mando despite the focus of the job, needs to be able chose a different path at any given moment, (what we see makes him human (and complicated)) and "droids" be they allies, or even just the one driving the car across the ice, are antithetical to that free "choice" making.

Also: .....droids likely wiped out his family (as we saw in the flashback).

6. The lore in this episode was overwhelming, in a good way. The world building is top notch. From Mon Cal money, to all the Mando lore talk.
Yes love it.

9. The end credits, with that theme and concept art is fantastic. I hope they continue that every week, with different concept art.
Reminded me of allot of old western TV show end credits.
Beautiful.

Last edited:
What was the silver piece of metal with the Imperial logo that the Mando blacksmith used ? Was it just currency or something more ?

What was the silver piece of metal with the Imperial logo that the Mando blacksmith used ? Was it just currency or something more ?
Beskar
It's what Mando's make their armor out of.
Show is reinforcing it as a major part of the Mandalorian mythos and a somewhat lost culture.
Implication being, he's got to resemble his armor, to regain his identity, and sigal. Edit: “Signet”

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me if any other Mandos were seen on the first episode?

Beskar
It's what Mando's make their armor out of.
Show is reinforcing it as a major part of the Mandalorian mythos and a somewhat lost culture.
Implication being, he's got to resemble his armor, to regain his identity, and "sigal"

Thanks for the metal name, googled that, got my answers.
I got that part just not the meaning of the metal.
Also, I think the blacksmith said "sigil"

Yes, I gotta give props to Dave Filoni on directing The Mandalorian. Great debut. Dave Filoni & Jon Fav just get it. Having Lucas on the set too makes me happy. You know Filoni and Fav asked for his two cents.

Baby Yoda! Wow, did not see that!

IG-11 was awesome! Wish we got more of him. Their banter during the fight was great.

Great week for Star Wars. Can't wait for Fallen Order friday!

Some people were saying they were seeing Boba Fett in the background at the Mando hideout. I think it's just a Mando with a similar color scheme.

I avoid spoilers as a rule, but by the way you phrased that I assume people already knew his target was a baby? But why would they think it was Rey? This is a few years after Return of the Jedi. She isn't even born yet.

Is it just me or whoever voiced Mandalorian sounds alot like young Clint Eastwood. That can't be coincidence, given way this was directed was almost like old western movie with Clint in it.

Is it just me or whoever voiced Mandalorian sounds alot like young Clint Eastwood. That can't be coincidence, given way this was directed was almost like old western movie with Clint in it.
You mean Pedro Pascal?

Yeah this guy ain't Boba Fett. This character actually has a conscience. He's also that child from the previews. So he's a "foundling." More evidence he's not Boba Fett.

Clickbait websites running with "major spoiler for Star Wars universe in first episode." Nope there was none.

A baby that looks to be the same race as Yoda doesn't count.

Disney Is New to Streaming, but Its Marketing Is Unmatched

Fake news by the New York Times.
Rey hasn't been born yet man. :funny:

Also, I don't even care about Rise of Skywalker right now. The Mandalorian is all I want to watch from Star Wars from now on.
I will somehow manage to care about both. Same with the Obi-Wan show, the final run for TCW, the new Aphra comic, and whatever animated show they are cooking up to follow up Resistance. I know, I am a hero. :o

Last edited:
Strong first episode. But I won't crown this as great until it is over and I see the whole thing. But, I already like it more than every spin-off Disney made to date. So far

Rey hasn't been born yet man. :funny:

People were still pushing the narrative the baby was Rey. It annoys me to no end. Whenever they hear about a baby or a child being involved, "Is this Rey's origin?!"

Also, let's be honest, the existence of a baby of Yoda's race is not some major Star Wars Universe spoiler. The news sites definitely overplayed that. Nor is a Mandalorian forge or armorer.

People were still pushing the narrative the baby was Rey. It annoys me to no end. Whenever they hear about a baby or a child being involved, "Is this Rey's origin?!"

Also, let's be honest, the existence of a baby of Yoda's race is not some major Star Wars Universe spoiler. The news sites definitely overplayed that. Nor is a Mandalorian forge or armorer.
Oh I think learning about Yoda's race is big, but yeah the whole universe spoiler crap was nonsense. It is why I didn't think it would be Gizmo Yoda until later. Never expected it to be Rey, because that was impossible. The tracking device hand me wondering what it could be though. The being had to be at least 50 something years old, which predates TPM by like 10 years at the point in which the Mando takes place. Which kind of put be on the track of Gizmo Yoda again. What else could it really be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"