The Mandalorian Chapter Seven Spoiler Discussion

It’s all set up nicely for IG-11 to wreck shop on the last episode which incidentally is directed by the main man TW.

Kull repairing IG-11 and bringing him back while teaching him to be basically a good droid should give IG-11 the empathy he lacked before while moving forward in the series... but at the same time he’ll likely revert back to his old ways by getting revenge on those who took out his friend basically.

I've been more mild-mannered on the show but this new episode was stellar.

Deborah Chow has been the MVP of the season and it's not particularly close (although I still have a big soft spot for Rick Famiyuma's Jawa setpiece). I thought her third episode was probably the strongest overall but this newest one is one hundred percent the high water mark.

Some things I'm still not completely sold on in terms of Mando's decision-making (would like at least some token piece of dialogue explaining why he doesn't think turning Baby Yoda over to the New Republic is a viable option) but at least this episode made some effort to get us to buy in, the stakes get established, and that tragic final setpiece was just grade-A television.

Chow has such a great sense of how to balance atmosphere, detail, pace, and needs of the story. This episode's monster attack scene is one of the best and most evocative I've seen in Star Wars since, gosh, the Rancor or something like that? But it was phenomenally done, doesn't overstay its welcome, and also--by golly--served a strong purpose in terms of plot and character development.

Chow spends enough time focusing on close-ups and medium shots of the Mandalorian that, even with his mask on, I felt like I was connecting with him in this episode. I also thought Pascal really brought it with the line deliveries in this one, the stakes felt real because he gets the balance right on the level of emotion he lets crack through. I give credit to him but also think Chow probably deserves some credit, her two episodes have functioned notably better on an emotional level than the other ones.

But yeah, very impressed with this one. I can only hope the finale follows through on it and doesn't cheapen it.

Maybe IG-11 will avenge Kuill and help rescue the baby to gain Mando's respect or trust

Loved the episode but my one gripe is Gina Carano. She’s a horrid actress and a lot of the times she tried to deliver her lines it felt like hearing finger nails scratching a chalkboard. She was quite bad and I had wish they had cast the role with a more competent actress.

Man, the wait for the finale is gonna be brutal

Such an awesome episode. I’m sad that Kuiil died though :(

It was cool to see the Death Troopers from Rogue One again

I really hope next week’s episode is at least an hour long, but I’m not holding my breath

What a great episode!

I refuse to believe Kull is dead. :argh: :( , but if he is, I think IG-11 was the one that did it.

I think IG-11 was the one that did it.
How would that even make sense?

If anything he's likely about to storm out of the Razer Crest and (if Kuiil is actually dead) go after those Scout Troopers himself.
And probably join Mando and Cara in wiping out Moff Gideons troops, to get the Yoby back!

How would that even make sense?

If anything he's likely about to storm out of the Razer Crest and (if Kuiil is actually dead) go after those Scout Troopers himself.
And probably join Mando and Cara in wiping out Moff Gideons troops, to get the Yoby back!

I don't trust that droid. They built him up too much to have "changed", plus we didn't see who shot him. I didn't see the troops shoot him, he was closer to the ship than the troops and we all know the troops can't shoot the broad side of a barn. I could be wrong.

Then again, it could be the old switch a roo, where he is good, helps Mando and Mando realizes not all droids are bad.

I don't trust that droid. They built him up too much to have "changed", plus we didn't see who shot him. I didn't see the troops shoot him, he was closer to the ship than the troops and we all know the troops can't shoot the broad side of a barn. I could be wrong.

Then again, it could be the old switch a roo, where he is good, helps Mando and Mando realizes not all droids are bad.

I think this will be the case myself

What a great episode!

I refuse to believe Kull is dead. :argh: :( , but if he is, I think IG-11 was the one that did it.

I'm pretty sure it was the scout troopers. You can see them firing at him in the end credits.

Loved the episode but my one gripe is Gina Carano. She’s a horrid actress and a lot of the times she tried to deliver her lines it felt like hearing finger nails scratching a chalkboard. She was quite bad and I had wish they had cast the role with a more competent actress.

Nah she's not that bad. That's exaggerating to the max. Not a great actress but still bearable and tolerable

Not like she ruins anything

Carano is doing a Gadot. Poor actress that has some general charm. Gadot might be a bit better, but Carano has a smaller role so she does less damage. She's also far more credible in the physicality than Gadot.

Last edited:
Nah she's not that bad. That's exaggerating to the max. Not a great actress but still bearable and tolerable

Not like she ruins anything

Yeah, I've got no complaints about Carano. Not every character has to be equally effective with their expressions. We don't expect that from everyone we meet in our everyday lives so why would we expect it here? Honestly, for me, it's part of what makes the differences between the characters more interesting.

The finale better not end in another big cliffhanger with the child still captured. My feels wouldn't be able to take it

The finale better not end in another big cliffhanger with the child still captured. My feels wouldn't be able to take it

I don't see Favreau going that direction. I'm more inclined to think Chapter 8 will resolve this first season and then hint at the next threat to come in Season 2. Not only that, what some people keep calling "filler" chapters will likely either feed into Chapter 8 or the Season 2 thread. At $10 million each, I can't see Favreau wasting any of that money on "filler". Granted, there are plenty of other projects out there that others have produced that ended with lots of loose threads left hanging, but I don't see that happening this time.

Really great episode. I guess all those seemingly stand alone episodes paid off, so I’ll eat crow. Although Mando seemed to trust Greef a little too quickly after he admitted there was going to be a double cross.

But really outstanding episode otherwise and can’t wait for the finale.

What an awesome episode. Definitely goes up there as one of favourite episodes of the season with 1 and 6.

Was awesome to see the characters we met in the first half of the season returning. Although if Kuiil truly has spoken for the last time then I am broken:(

My only hope is that IG-11 returns to rescue the day and get revenge for Kuiil. He said that the droid had developed a personality so maybe that was planting the seed for him to want to avenge Kuiil.

Would love to see this again with Stromtroopers (and just would love him back in general he is definitely one of the coolest droids ever to me)
TenderGratefulApe-size_restricted.gif

Interested to see how the close season 1. While I don't want it to feel like we don't get a real ending I also don't think I want to see Esposito's character be just sort of dealt with in one episode as it feels we have been building up to the main villain.
Now that's a good old fashioned cliffhanger! What a tense episode. JJ Abrams wishes he could do something this good.

And yes, Deborah Chow is a badass director.

Also, he has spoken for the last time.
Yeah she's great a toss up between her Rick & Dave for me they've all just been great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"