The Mandalorian Chapter Seven Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Chapter Seven: The Reckoning

1. The first half of the season 1 finale was really, really good. Maybe the best episode so far.

2. Big ups to Chow for this episode. Her first episode had pretty much everything, except the really well shot action. It was okay, but not top level stuff imo. This one did not have that problem. The action was visceral and it hurt in the right way. Her Obi-Wan show is going to be so good.

3. So the Mando was getting a crew together all season. Now we just need the return of a certain Ming-Na, who is totally alive.

3. I liked Cara a lot more here. Less exposition machine, more real person dialogue.

4. The exposition dump from Kuiil about himself and IG-11 was great. At first I was annoyed by it, but then I realized where they were going with it. Kuiil's repetition seems to go back to his need to establish his honor, and I found his continued issues with Cara worked really well. Every time he went back to his story, it was both annoying and endearing.

5. IG-11 taught us a lot of about droids in SW. Added that layer of them being a lot more then simply robots that you get from the best of them.

6. How does Gizmo keep up with the Mando? Does the Mando take one step every 10 seconds, so he can keep up? And what I think is even better is when he just appears halfway across the room in like 2 seconds, when we know how fast he walks. It's ridiculous and fantastic. :funny:

7. Gizmo interfering in the arm wrestling match hit the exact right note. They start it with the idea that he is going to help the Mando win. Then you realize he sees Cara as a threat, Gizmo reacts As he believe he is suppose to and it got dark. He was protecting his papa, but at what cost?

8. They juxtaposed this beautifully imo, with the healing scene. The light and the dark is in all Force users.

9. I love when the choke expands beyond Anakin. He did it first, but there is no reason to think he should be the only one capable of it.

10. So theory time. Do they want Gizmo because they are trying to replace the Emperor? Do they want him to clone a new army? Is Gizmo a clone... of Yoda? Did Yaddle and Yoda get drunk on a mission one time, and they did something the Jedi forbid? Who knows...

11. Death Troopers, and they are actually effective!!!! :atp:

12. It is amazing how intimidating one Tie can be when you shoot it as the scariest thing in the galaxy. Oh and you have no weapon to fight it.

13. Rebels Stormies transport vehicle!!! :mrk:

14. So the droid thing with the Mando. I know it is assumed he lived through the Clone Wars, and that is probably where it comes from. But tonight got me wondering again. His emphasize on programming. What if he lived in a town where they re-purposed old droids from the war, and then they eventually turned on the town? Maybe someone triggered their original programming.

15. IG-11 is going to wreck house next week! :cool:

16. Kuiil's death really go to me. Wasn't expecting that.

17. Carl Weathers, my man. He is basically playing his Predator character, but I dig it so much. He even almost lost his arm to a space predator. :funny:

18. I want to see what the defensive mechanism is on the Razorcrest. It sounds crazy, but maybe it is just a hiding Ming-Na. :hehe:

So everything is setup for next week. Mando and crew trapped, IG-11 left on the Razorcrest, Kuiil dead and Gizmo captured. This is going to be interesting.

Last edited:
Deborah Chow is awesome. That is all.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Great episode.
Set up was part Yojimbo/Fist Full of Dollars, (or if you prefer the original Red Harvest) Man(do) walks into town is going to play both sides, clean up ...and come out with the prize, is straight Red Harvest and the slow pan-down and approach into Navarro was classic Western. Of course the Mag7 putting the band together, we knew they were building to. Finally see it come together, and the pay-off is sensational!

Love these characters, and especially to finally see them as a group. (Although IG-11 immediately needs to come into play!
Also feeling Fenec is a secrete ace in the hole. (they just played Toro Calican)
The brightened up shots show it was Mando's boots that went to recoop her.

Both the wonder (and now fear) surrounding the power of the Yoby was shocking, as he choked Cara, and beautiful with the healing.

Yet it emphasizes the obsession in obtaining the prize.

They must of died on set as Weathers had to deliver the line “No He’s going to eat me!":funny:
Kuill seemed to read the Yoby as not a clone, but naturally grown.

Spotlight on Kuill and his species (essentially background in ESB) and how he survived, was powerful, seeing him and his Blurgg taken out is heart breaking.
(although the whole narration of reforming an assassin droid pretty much just usurped the entire premise and backstory for the Cassian Andor and K2SO show, and did it in one montage. LOL)

This ep felt the most like I was in the middle of one solid movie.
Can't wait to see the end.

Last edited:
Really good episode. Looks like we're ending on a high note.

Gizmo needs a time out.

Good episode. Nice to see Death Troopers in action again. Nice intro to Moff Gideon. Gideon's modified TIE was neat.

Damn why did this episode have to be so short? Like seriously the set up here was amazing and I was honestly tense throughout the whole last 20 minutes. Loved everything about this episode, especially finally seeing so many of these characters together. It was also really interesting seeing Kuill interact with Cara and that whole dynamic with him being a former Imperial slave and her being a rebel Shocktrooper was great to see IMO. I hope we get more of that kind of stuff next season along with them continuing to slowly delve more into force powers without blatantly hitting you over the head with it. Also, everything about Giancarlo's introduction was badass from those Death troopers shooting up the catina and then the Storm troopers showing up in that transport vehicle and then the icing on the cake with Moff Gideon getting out of that TIE Fighter. Next weeks episode really has some amazing potential, especially if IG-11 gets in on the action which going by that ending I'm sure he will and it's going to be ****ing glorious lol.

Deborah Chow with my favorite episodes so far! Child was wilding out!

It really is crazy to me just how much her episodes stand out compared everyone else's. Like everything from the direction, pacing, music and the cinematography was so on point in this episode and episode 3. This is the kind of major talent they seriously need to consider bringing on board for their movies IMO, especially with the current reception I'm seeing for TROS among critics and some fans.

Weren't there rumors months ago that if the show was highly successful then a film featuring Mando would be considered? If that happens, I hope Chow directs

Weren't there rumors months ago that if the show was highly successful then a film featuring Mando would be considered? If that happens, I hope Chow directs

Holy **** if that's true than I really hope so as well. I would love for either her or Rick Farmuyiwa to direct a feature length Mando film whatever it may be.

When Moff Gideon was monologuing about them not possibly knowing what Gizmo is I wanted Mando to just yell back, "We know he's a Jedi." just to **** up Gideon's carefully constructed power moment. :hehe:

This was a great episode and Chow likely has made the two best episodes of this season, so the hype for her making the Obi-Wan show is still high.

There was a great feel and pace to the show, and it really delivered tension when it needed to. We also got the best characters of the show gathered, although it was a real shame seeing Kuiil go. A part of me hates that, but it's what the show wants me to feel so mission accomplished.

The Force Mogwai was also great this episode. I loved his dark moment when he was protecting Mando, and I can't help but laugh delightedly at his facial expressions when he was healing Greef.

Next weeks episode has so much potential and I really hope Takia is able to deliver. I'm not worried about him crafting great action sequences as I already know he can do that after watching Ragnarok, but I don't want it to feel too dissimilar from what Chow has already set up either. Also, we must get some kind of epic team up with Mando, Cara and IG-11 taking on that Imperial army. Hell let Carl Weathers get in on the action too.

Great episod. To bad what happend to Kuiil. But what was expected . Often tv shows brings back charechter just to kill them off

Did the kid go dark?No I dont Think so . I Think he did senes somthing deceitful in Cara .

The Kid was shaking his head then Mando tells him that Cara is a friend while he's doing a sounds of denial . He is also trying to hold Mandos Eye Contact the hole time Mando is Holding him .

Also
I didn’t hear any Spurs on Moff Gideon.
Guess he’s not the mystery character at the end of episode 5

I think we’re in for a big reveal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"