The Mandalorian Chapter Two Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Chapter Two: The Child

So I think I liked this one better then the first. Really, really good stuff.

1. This is the most Lone Wolf and Cub thing I have ever seen. Gizmo was looking at the Mando like he was both the wisest little guy and the dumbest. Just like Cub. :hehe:

2. The Mando continues to grow on me. He is quite the character already. Fried Jawa was almost on the menu.

3. Gizmo is the third cutest thing in Star Wars history. Behind Rey and Sabe of course.

4. Floating strolls are the best strollers. Also that little guy has an appetite. :funny:

5. When Gizmo got out of the basket to try and heal the Mando I assumed it meant his race is full on Force Sensitive. By the end of the episode, I am rather sure of that. Also my money is on Yoda's race being called the Whills. They seem to be pure FS beings. So cool.

6. We actually saw a blaster being loaded in Star Wars!!!! Probably not the first time, but I am having trouble remembering another time.

7. What he did to the Jawas... by the Maker. The perfect way of avoiding seeing what they looked like. I love that the Mando basically has the Mandalorian equivalent of a bowcaster. but somehow more deadly.

8. Another perfect example of how the Mandos could have never won a war with the Jedi. A baby Force user is better then a full grown Mando. :hehe:

9. I was so, so, so certain it was going to be a Krayt Dragon for a second. I was slightly disappointed, but not in the action.

10. The Jawas affection for that egg juice was something...

11. I now like the idea that Jawas jack your stuff just so they can force you to get them their weird party drug. They were somehow crazier then before.

12. I really dig how the Mandos armor apparently has electronics all over it. Very nice.

13. I felt like the music was even better this week then last.

14. The credits are still flippin' awesome!

15. The Mandos affection for a small child stuck in a hopeless situation similar to what we saw of the flashes of what I assume is his backstory is curious. I wonder who could have possibly been his savior...

Now we have to wait a whole week. :csad:

driMxsk.png

Last edited:
So we now no his real name thanks to Pedro Pascal and we also know Dr. Pershing wears the Kamino cloner emblem.

Much shorter episode this week. Well, the baby definitely has Force powers, and it's hasn't even trained on Dagobah yet. So the baby is a Gary Stu. ;) (J/K)

My first thought was clone, but the baby is 50 years old. So what could that mean? Maybe they want it's DNA for cloning related experiments.

Much shorter episode this week. Well, the baby definitely has Force powers, and it's hasn't even trained on Dagobah yet. So the baby is a Gary Stu. ;) (J/K)

My first thought was clone, but the baby is 50 years old. So what could that mean? Maybe they want it's DNA for cloning related experiments.
I can think of a few reasons for the clone dude.

1. They want to create an army of Gizmos.

2. They are trying to find the secret to Force powers or long life.

3. They could also be testing our Mando. Perhaps as a way to create a new clone army.

Rewatching the first episode, and seeing this one, I really feel like this guy isn't technically a Mandalorian in some way. It might turn out to be that he's a Mandalorian by blood and wasn't raised in the culture, but with the confusion of the signet, the importance placed on the term to even going by it, and his search to put together an armour makes me feel like he's more trying to become one in some way. I saw a theory on here by @DarthSkywalker regarding the possibility of him having been rescued by Boba Fett in the past after the flashbacks we saw, perhaps protected like he's protecting the child here. While he's obviously not Boba, I feel like they've leaned on a lot of things typically associated with him that I'm expecting them to try to connect them in some way. I don't know. It's just what I'm feeling at the moment.

I can think of a few reasons for the clone dude.

1. They want to create an army of Gizmos.

2. They are trying to find the secret to Force powers or long life.

3. They could also be testing our Mando. Perhaps as a way to create a new clone army.
Someone noticed a patch the scientist is wearing in the previous episode that may point to this:

Rewatching the first episode, and seeing this one, I really feel like this guy isn't technically a Mandalorian in some way. It might turn out to be that he's a Mandalorian by blood and wasn't raised in the culture, but with the confusion of the signet, the importance placed on the term to even going by it, and his search to put together an armour makes me feel like he's more trying to become one in some way. I saw a theory on here by @DarthSkywalker regarding the possibility of him having been rescued by Boba Fett in the past after the flashbacks we saw, perhaps protected like he's protecting the child here. While he's obviously not Boba, I feel like they've leaned on a lot of things typically associated with him that I'm expecting them to try to connect them in some way. I don't know. It's just what I'm feeling at the moment.

Someone noticed a patch the scientist is wearing in the previous episode that may point to this:

The signet thing has me really thinking. I am not sure what it means. Does it mean he doesn't have a clan and has to earn one? Does it mean he has a clan but he doesn't know what it is? Does it mean he is somehow "disgraced" and has to earn his way back in?

From the short flashbacks, which I am not sure are the Clone Wars, it looks like he isn't apart of the warrior culture. Now I guess he could be on a Mandalorian colony, which is peaceful like Mandalorian had been for a while leading up TCW. Another thing could be his family left Mandalore and grew up outside of the culture completely. Another could be he isn't a Mando at all, but I doubt that one. I feel like his look has a purpose, and he resemblence Sabine's race of Mandos.

I agree he is almost too Boba in so many of his stylings and methods. I feel like his relationship with Gizmo is super meaningful. It probably reflects someone doing the same for him. Protecting him, perhaps delivering him back to his people. Now we all know who I think that might be. But that also would mean he isn't a child of the Clone Wars. So where could the droids be from? Considering the super red eyes, I wonder if this might be some droids forces post-TCW.

Jawas are gross.

I was thinking Baby Yoda might be some sort of reincarnation situation, but I guess that wouldn't work if he's already 50 years old.

Boba Fett wasn't a real Mandalorian, right? So I'm not sure how I'd feel about yet another fake Mandalorian. I want this one to really be a Mandalorian.

I love how even though The Mandalorian was outmatched and got the beating. He stood his ground and fought valanity against the beast.

Props to the force sensitive child yoda using force push/grip .

Seeing the jaws was an unexpected surprise.

I like nick nolte character Kuiil (The peaceful moisture Farmer) "I have spoken

I caught your nod to Iron Man with the repaire montage @jonFavreau (very reminiscent of Yensin & Tony building the Mark 1 armor in the cave.

Seriously keep it up Filoni & Favreau two episodes in and I'm hooked on this series.

baby Yoda is the new baby Groot so much $$ on merch the mouse will be happy

I like eggs but that scene with the jawa's eating the egg I almost puked lolol loved seeing them

I was hoping Nolte would join the crew but not to be he has spoken love that guy already

maybe Yoda has a squeeze somewhere? lol and this is the result

beyond cute was Gizmo lol trying to heal the Mando but he kept putting him in the stroller

"Much shorter" is probably...a bit much. :rimshot: First one was 38, this one was 30.

A strange comment from a buddy of mine: "I like it, but it feels like tv". :huh: Uh, it is tv, lol. My one nitpick was how easily he killed the beast. One poke with his butter knife is all it took?

Yoby
71y41e4ow6L._SL1500_.jpg

Reminded me of...

...well, pretty much a Lone Wolf and Cub episode.

Lone-Wolf-and-Cub.jpg

Or even better if you want to trace your pop culture tropes back to a Western; Ford's 1919 film Marked Men > Three Godfathers etc...

3godfathers19362.jpg

Fun episode, the floating stroller drove it home even more.
Further will we get pretty much Wayne (Marmaduke Hightower), Pedro (Armendáriz's , and the "The Abilene Kid" loosely re purposed as The Mando, Carga, and Dune.
3godfathers19362.jpg

Needing to deliver the "christmas miracle" baby despite it meaning potentially forfeiting their own lives.
LOL The Yoby keeps obviously levitating out the stroller , and he never questions how it got out LOL!:D

"One poke with his butter knife is all it took?
Yeah honesty wish The Yoby had just subdued it. Then the Mando just walks around it in disbelief.

Last edited:
Really good start to the series. Loved seeing the Jawas and liked the scene with the beast. It's nice to see a smaller scale Star Wars story.

"Much shorter" is probably...a bit much. :rimshot: First one was 38, this one was 30.

A strange comment from a buddy of mine: "I like it, but it feels like tv". :huh: Uh, it is tv, lol. My one nitpick was how easily he killed the beast. One poke with his butter knife is all it took?

Yeah that's significantly shorter.

Thematically, the delivery of the egg works on so many levels! Love the parallels.

4D4p8Ss.jpg

The thought just occurred to me, is the planet they are on Tatooine ? I thought Jawas were native of Tatooine not other planets.
Anyways, fine episode, I like Jawas, good humour. Baby Yoda using The Force brought a smile on my face.
I guess Evil Doc wants to grow humanoid baby that are Force user at birth ( but it will probably not be that ).

Edit : or maybe ...he just want to check ....his medichlorian count../hysterical laugh HAHAaaaaa kill me :)

Last edited:
The thought just occurred to me, is the planet they are on Tatooine ? I thought Jawas were native of Tatooine not other planets.
Anyways, fine episode, I like Jawas, good humour. Baby Yoda using The Force brought a smile on my face.
I guess Evil Doc wants to grow humanoid baby that are Force user at birth ( but it will probably not be that ).
Apparently it is not Tatooine, but I am not sure where it is.

Fun episode. Friggin Jawas, man. Couldn't get enough of the Mando killing them. That was just great. I did like that they had a different color cloak from the ANH ones.

Gizmo is too cute. The muppet is very, very good. Loved him eating the frog. As for the age thing, just remember that the Kaminoans dealt with age acceleration, so it is possible that Gizmo wasn't created 50 years ago.

I do wonder if the Mando was part of the New Mandos when he was a kid, so he wasn't exactly raised in the warrior culture. I could see a lot of the New Mandos discarding things like clans and signets.

Fun episode. Friggin Jawas, man. Couldn't get enough of the Mando killing them. That was just great. I did like that they had a different color cloak from the ANH ones.

Gizmo is too cute. The muppet is very, very good. Loved him eating the frog. As for the age thing, just remember that the Kaminoans dealt with age acceleration, so it is possible that Gizmo wasn't created 50 years ago.

I do wonder if the Mando was part of the New Mandos when he was a kid, so he wasn't exactly raised in the warrior culture. I could see a lot of the New Mandos discarding things like clans and signets.

You think the Kaminoan created Baby Yoda ?

Apparently it is not Tatooine, but I am not sure where it is.

I guess there was a Jawas diaspora, why not, no big deal if they are not only found on Tatooine. I like Jawas (I had one as a companion in the game SWTOR, he was my fav).

I though this ep was nothing but filler. It ends in exactly the same place the first one did. This series looks like it is going to have a serious case of decompression.

Filler isn't the right word exactly. The series seems to be structured episodically, meaning there is an over-arching story but it is first and foremost just about this guy going on somewhat self-contained adventures from week to week.

This episode was much directed than the last one (which helps it was done by an experienced director instead of a first-timer like Filoni). Nice episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"