The Mandalorian Chapter 18 Spoiler Discussion

The cavemen-like creatures resemble Morlocks from H. G. Wells' The Time Machine, and the exosuit-creature who extracts victims' blood resembles the Martians from Wells' The War of the Worlds.

I can guarantee you that no one named Katie or Kate has ever voiced Bo-Katan.

A9lXGIc.gif

The crab droid kind of reminded me of the basilisk war droids from the Tales of the Jedi Mandos.

The cavemen-like creatures resemble Morlocks from H. G. Wells' The Time Machine, and the exosuit-creature who extracts victims' blood resembles the Martians from Wells' The War of the Worlds.
I had the exact same thought regarding the Morlocks. As Mando was first entering the ruins, my thought was, I wonder if a nuclear holocaust creates mutants who live in the ruins in the Star Wars galaxy too. Two seconds later, out pops a Morlock! :funny:

The crab droid kind of reminded me of the basilisk war droids from the Tales of the Jedi Mandos.
Anyone have any idea what was controlling the droid. It kinda reminded me of General Grievous. Given that it was basically harvesting Din and other Mandos for blood, I was guessing it is perhaps what little is left of a Mando villain who survived the purge. Then Bo killed it the second time around and we will never know. :funny:

I’m guessing The Armorer has been lying about how bad Mandalore actually is… to control her followers.

I’m guessing The Armorer has been lying about how bad Mandalore actually is… to control her followers.
But she's also the one who sent him there. Which makes me wonder if Bo is the one lying. I don't know, but I don't think Bo will end up the villain. I still think the TCW fan theory on who Armorer lives. But there is one other theory I've never considered. What if the Armorer is Bo's missing sibling? The one who is the parent of... KORKIE. Yes, that's his real name. I'm so sorry.

But she's also the one who sent him there. Which makes me wonder if Bo is the one lying. I don't know, but I don't think Bo will end up the villain. I still think the TCW fan theory on who Armorer lives. But there is one other theory I've never considered. What if the Armorer is Bo's missing sibling? The one who is the parent of... KORKIE. Yes, that's his real name. I'm so sorry.
I'm going to save @Sithborg the breath, Satine is dead, you fool. :o

I loved this episode. They subverted a lot of expectations here but in a good way. Also assuming Din will find an IG-11 part amongst all the stuff from the scary droid. Loved that they avoided more detours by including R5. Plus, the thing that captured Mando was absolute nightmare fuel.

Giving Grogu this much agency also singlehanded alleviated my worries about him still being a very active part of this story. Helps that I'm a sucker for Amblin Entertainment-type stories. Those scenes reminded me a lot of Sunny in A Series of Unfortunate Events as well.

Can't believe we're only 2 episodes in. At the pace of season 1/2 this would've been an entire season. Great stuff!

if you want to get technical Darth her full name Katherine (kate) Sackhoff aka Katee

I looked it up, and could not find a reference to her being named Katherine. That said, Katherine is not Kate or is it Katie. She isn't "aka" Katee. That's the name she has listed everywhere.

Do you think I don't actually know that Starbuck was Bo's voice actor? The comparison, is the joke. I've been making it since she was cast for the Mando. It's why Bo/Katee's thread is titled, what it is.

I loved this episode. They subverted a lot of expectations here but in a good way. Also assuming Din will find an IG-11 part amongst all the stuff from the scary droid. Loved that they avoided more detours by including R5. Plus, the thing that captured Mando was absolute nightmare fuel.

Giving Grogu this much agency also singlehanded alleviated my worries about him still being a very active part of this story. Helps that I'm a sucker for Amblin Entertainment-type stories. Those scenes reminded me a lot of Sunny in A Series of Unfortunate Events as well.

Can't believe we're only 2 episodes in. At the pace of season 1/2 this would've been an entire season. Great stuff!

There's no longer need for that part. He needed a functioning IG-11 to scout Mandalore's environment. The R5 unit did it for him. Hence no need for IG-11 anymore.

I looked it up, and could not find a reference to her being named Katherine. That said, Katherine is not Kate or is it Katie. She isn't "aka" Katee. That's the name she has listed everywhere.

Do you think I don't actually know that Starbuck was Bo's voice actor? The comparison, is the joke. I've been making it since she was cast for the Mando. It's why Bo/Katee's thread is titled, what it is.
The thing that became apparent to me this episode is just how much Katee has done on her face over the years. It's subtle and reasonably well done as she still looks like herself, but there is a certain sculpted artificiality to her cheeks, lips, nose and jaw now.

You notice it especially when she smiles. I guess that is another factor that messes with figuring out Bo-Katan's age! :funny:

The thing that became apparent to me this episode is just how much Katee has done on her face over the years. It's subtle and reasonably well done as she still looks like herself, but there is a certain sculpted artificiality to her cheeks, lips, nose and jaw now.

You notice it especially when she smiles. I guess that is another factor that messes with figuring out Bo-Katan's age! :funny:
The disrespect for the ancient Mando anti-aging techniques! :argh:

I have to say, it's done her wonders. Just look at her a few years back:

d2b1cbaddb38edbdc52dd3e128f15bc232fca6d1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"