• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Mandalorian Chapter Six Spoiler Discussion

Yeah, I'm not feeling any build up. It's just his way. I don't need to see his face to get to know him. It's in his voice and actions. That's actually something I really like about this series. Every single episode is an opportunity to get to know him better.

If (big if) he ever takes off the helmet it's not going to be about what he looks like, that's the irrelevant part (we can assume Pascal, it's not "building" to some big surprise about that. If your watching the show for that, I don't think this is for you.
If they do it at all, it'll be about why he finally does. That is what will mater.

Show is about identity, not what he looks like, but who he is.

Last edited:
Yeah, some of the other characters are curious, but so what? I don't care one little bit what he looks like. My journey with him is about his experiences and the trials he's endured and every chapter delivers on those.

Last edited:
They've explained why he never removes the helmet and what it would mean. If he actually does end up removing it, the focus will be on how and why he decided to remove it if he does willingly and where he goes from there

This was my favorite episode of the bunch, tbh. It felt less predictable than most of the others, and I think Famuyiwa has been the best director of the show thus far, based on his work here and on episode 2. Just lots of nice visual touches.

Like I said. Disappointment. They shouldn't be drawing this much attention to it unless it is something special.

It is something special in itself. It makes sense that people react to that someone never shows his face, which could have several different implications for them, and it's part of delving into this Mandalorian culture. It would rather be weird if everyone just ignored it.

Like I said. Disappointment. They shouldn't be drawing this much attention to it unless it is something special.
Dude , we've seen him as a kid, first episode! they cast a young Pascal, when the doors shut on that face and is presumably rescued into the Mando's tribe going forward he has no identity. Identity is not about what he looks like, his appearance is not some special secret they are hiding from you, we know that, it's not and was never about that.

That you've hinged your entire expectations, enjoyment and focused on the wrong thing, a what he "might " look like reveal, which they showed episode 1, speaks to your short vision, not theirs.

Again: If the helmet comes off, it'll be about why he finally takes it off, not what he looks like.

You're entirely focused on the wrong thing.

Last edited:
What I gathered from Chapter 3 was that they never remove their helmets because that could expose how many of them there are and at this point in time, they are in hiding. I suspect that with the empire now defeated, the time could come when they will no longer need to hide and then maybe we'll see their faces.

But whatever the reason ends up being, I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.

I'm not focused on anything. The show is building the expectation itself. Literally every episode had someone ask why he doesn't take his helmet off. And now you have a tense scene where someone actually tries to remove it by force. If it wasn't important there was no need to address it beyond the first episode.

But I guess since the show so far has literally ZERO character development or story progression this is all they have.

As people have already said, it is important as it's Mandalorian culture. The show has already explained multiple meanings of it, and the three people having tried to take it off all did it for different reasons. It just isn't important for what's under the helmet since we've already seen the kid. He won't have grown up to become a different species so the show is in no way whatsoever building up an expectation of something odd being under there.

As for the second part, I'd be interested to hear an argument trying to say that everything in the show is in the exact same place as when it started.

After the first episode the only event of any consequence was when he left the guild.

So that leaves 4 episodes out of 6 where absolutely nothing of importance happened.

So am I to take it that you don't know what the word "literally" means? It seems odd since your capital letters of "ZERO" seems to further indicate that you really meant what you wrote.

Anyway, here you are arguing against what you wrote by providing some story progression, although you left out the character development that's been done, of which there's been some in each episode except for the fifth. If you haven't enjoyed what has been delivered, or if you think there's too little focus on it, it would make more sense saying that.

Am I the only person who was sort of hoping Davan would end up not getting killed? When they gave the character a name I thought, maybe, but then he just got blown away anyhow. Darn.

Just finished this episode now, and I've been thoroughly entertained once again. I like a good heist episode. All the new characters were memorable, especially the Twi'Lek woman. It was fun, and the ending was top notch, seeing old style X-Wings rule the day again. And the scene with the child and the droid, that got a good chuckle out of me.

Last edited:
PunyGod, great name and avatar btw, some of the story progression has to do with his past. Chapter 1 tells us a little about a horrific event from his childhood and then Chapter 3 expands on that a bit. Chapter 2 shows us his willingness to learn from Kuiil despite his typical pattern of rushing in and destroying everything in his path. Chapter 3 also shows us his decision to choose the path of following his conscience rather than blindly following his obligation to the guild. Chapter 4 shows his learning that protecting the child involves more than just finding a place that doesn't support the guild or the empire. Chapter 5 shows his willingness to accept counsel on parenting as well as his desire to teach a green bounty hunter. Chapter 6 tells us about the kind of people he used to keep company with but has outgrown. Literally every single chapter has taught me something new about this character and that's why I love it.

Even though it's only 8 episodes, it's an action-adventure show and being serialised is perfect for the Star Wars Universe than purely story progression like a drama show. Main story here and there with some backstory sprinkled in and that's fine as a TV show with a 2nd season coming. Finale may have a ton of story stuff!

It worked for old school shows with tons of side stuff and a few big story episodes or multiple part series.

PunyGod, great name and avatar btw, some of the story progression has to do with his past. Chapter 1 tells us a little about a horrific event from his childhood and then Chapter 3 expands on that a bit. Chapter 2 shows us his willingness to learn from Kuiil despite his typical pattern of rushing in and destroying everything in his path. Chapter 3 also shows us his decision to choose the path of following his conscience rather than blindly following his obligation to the guild. Chapter 4 shows his learning that protecting the child involves more than just finding a place that doesn't support the guild or the empire. Chapter 5 shows his willingness to accept counsel on parenting as well as his desire to teach a green bounty hunter. Chapter 6 tells us about the kind of people he used to keep company with but has outgrown. Literally every single chapter has taught me something new about this character and that's why I love it.
Exactly and Mando is now one of my favorite charechter

Just got round to watching episode 6 last night, would say its a toss up between this episode 1 or 3 for my favourite of the season so far.

Really liked the team of mercenaries how each had their different skills and how they each had their own skills and uses. I also really liked that they felt different to the guild, maybe it was just me but they felt more of a ragtag group. Like this is who you call if you maybe can't afford Mando or IG-88.

Burr was the highlight actually got to give him some acting credit because the guy is my absolute favourite comedian on Earth right now so getting me to dislike him I thought would maybe be a bit of a stretch, as soon as he jokingly dropped baby yoda I was internally screaming "YOU ARE DEAD TO ME BILL!":funny:. Loved his gags about not being a Stormtrooper and asking if Mando was a Gungan.

The takeover scene of the prison and Mando just picking them off one by one was awesome to watch. The red lighting made it look like a borderline horror movie.

Also X-Wings:applaud

10/10

I was a little surprised that the sentry droids just continued walking casually around the prison with their guns drawn during the breakout. Didn't they have any way of knowing there was a bunch of people running through the halls smashing droids and setting fire to things? They didn't seem to know Mando & co. were there until they walked into them.

Also, what did Mando mean when he said at the end "I told you that was a bad idea"? What was he referring to?

Also, what did Mando mean when he said at the end "I told you that was a bad idea"? What was he referring to?

I took that as a joke. Like as if Mando and Baby Yoda were discussing next steps beforehand and it was Baby Yoda's idea for Mando to go on a heist with some mercenaries he used to work with. It implies Mando was against the idea and he had tried to talk Baby Yoda out of doing it. The more you think about it, the more ridiculous it gets. I laughed out loud!

For me anyway, watching the plan unfold you realize taking on this motley crew, who you anticipate are going to betray him, jeopardizing the Yoby bringing them all on board, even leaving one alone on the ship with the Yoby. Plus even Ranzar Malk knows about the Yoby.
All seem like a bad idea, so the whole time you are wondering, what was he thinking, how did he not see this coming!?

The last line answers that question, just brings it back to the beginning, so you imagine just before he's landing the Razor Crest in the docking bay opening shot, he must have said that out loud to himself and the Yoby - "This is a bad idea!" Like yeah he knew going in.
Just a clever way to bring it full circle.
He makes allot of questionable decisions to get episodes running, although at least he's aware of it.
The whole episode I'm like- really you leaving the Yoby alone again? bringing these mercs (you know you can't trust) on, with the Yoby on board? Really you leaving that R-A7 assassin alone with him? Really this whole plan seemed questionable from the start, how did you not see this?
Episode ends- "I told you this was a bad idea" :D

Last edited:
I was a little surprised that the sentry droids just continued walking casually around the prison with their guns drawn during the breakout. Didn't they have any way of knowing there was a bunch of people running through the halls smashing droids and setting fire to things? They didn't seem to know Mando & co. were there until they walked into them.
I admit I might need (yet another) rewatch.... weren't they jamming the communications signals of the prison ship? Perhaps that interfered with the droids ability to communicate throughout the ship, so only groups the team ran across knew that there were intruders?
I imagine it had to do with a conversation he had with Baby Yoda (but more probably just talking to himself, saying his options out loud, with Baby Yoda interjecting with the occasional coo-ing noise) before the episode started/off screen. That the option he came up with - going to see Ran and seeing if he had a job for them - would probably end up being a bad idea. Cue end of the episode's "Told you that was a bad idea.".

So how do you all feel about Mando leaving the heist team alive? Other than being obvious season 2 bait, I can't but feel it was somewhat...out of character? He has no problems killing, and they're all clearly going to come after him eventually. Don't see why he just didn't waste them.

So you agree in 6 whole episodes we've had one single event happen.

Yeah that's some great story progression. :whatever:

No, I was just using your stance as a base for showing that you disproved your own statement. I see that you chose to completely avoid to respond to those parts though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"