• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gina Carano is No Longer Cara Dune... Fortunately

It's unfortunate to me that things ended up this way. Disney gave her a lot of chances, but apparently she was too lost in her wack ideology and too prideful that she threw away about the best job she could've ever wanted in the business. Now she has all the ammunition she needs to go deeper into that ideology, insulating herself further with stronger supporters, and contributing to the civil division in this country becoming that much wider. This is a sad story, and though she certainly got what she deserved I can't muster any feelings of moral victory here.

Even if Carano started on the more moderate right side, surrounding herself with the nut jobs and Shapiro will inevitably draw her further right. She won't make them less conservative, they'll make her more. And I think in a couple years, we'll hear that she's gone full Q Anon or something equally dumb.

I just feel sad that I only just watched all the Mandalorian just now, starting last month, enjoyed it so surprisingly much I was flying high on flipping rainbows from the joy of this beautiful show, it was a relief after this rough year, true escapism, and then when I went online to further catch up on what I'd missed, like behind-the-scenes and interviews, and got absolutely slammed back to Earth like a canon ball by the Gina Carano controversy.

Literally, every Mandalorian (my favourite show) or Pedro Pascal (my favourite actor) video I go on has people spamming such hate, it's actually depressing me. I feel sorry for Pedro Pascal, who has done nothing wrong and is literally having spammers insulting him on every video, calling him vile names, saying he should have been fired and trying to cancel him, saying he should have stuck up for Carano. Sometimes it feels like everyone has lost their minds.

I think they have. These are crazy times.

Yep, these are crazy times. I'm beginning to wonder if people are truly sane at all or we're all just waiting for that moment where we go psycho, dance like a chicken while singing the Earth is Flat and then post conspiracies about how the lizards and the cats are working together to install the next U.S President but the birds are trying to stop them.

Would explain my experiences probably pretty well if it is the latter.

We are going through a period of what many academics, military officials, journalists and so on call 'Grey zone warfare'. Nations, groups and individuals using misinformation/disinformation to exploit division among the population to achieve a particular objective. Much of this conspiracy theory garbage and culture war exploitation stems from dubious grey zone internet elements.

Into The Grey Zone: Exploring the murky evolution of warfare

See @writer0327, her fans know exactly what she meant with her tweets.

Those are the people Carano runs her social media for. These are the people she seeks validation from. And then she cries about being cancelled and how she isn't hateful. Yeah, that is clearly not the case and that is another example of why she had to be let go. Because this is the environment she has helped foster. Get rid of her platform, and much like Alex Jones and Milo she will become less and less influential. Star Wars does not need to give anymore air to these people that have helped **** the fanbase over the last 7 years.

See @writer0327, her fans know exactly what she meant with her tweets.

Those are the people Carano runs her social media for. These are the people she seeks validation from. And then she cries about being cancelled and how she isn't hateful. Yeah, that is clearly not the case and that is another example of why she had to be let go. Because this is the environment she has helped foster. Get rid of her platform, and much like Alex Jones and Milo she will become less and less influential. Star Wars does not need to give anymore air to these people that have helped **** the fanbase over the last 7 years.
Look. I personally don't know Gina well enough to make those kind of claims. I'm not exactly happy with the state of the fanbase either. I'm a big time Star Wars fan and I don't like the division. I have long time friends of mine I can't talk Star Wars with anymore because of this crap. There are definitely far more toxic fans than ever before, or at least they are more vocal about it, but you're going to see that kind of stupidity in every single fanbase, particularly Star Wars. We've seen it before with Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best and now Kelly Marie Tran. Now, these dudes are on an entirely different level with their visibility and their ability to launch personal attacks through social media (another reason why social media is the unholy devil). I don't think that those guys writing garbage on YouTube posts are truly representative of the type of fans Gina (or anyone) is happy to have in her corner, but like I said, I don't know her like that.

Regardless of political leanings, I don't think anyone should be subjected to a hostile work environment, and if Gina was causing that, she's gotta answer for it. But I also believe some within Disney (and Hollywood in general) feel completely free to state their political opinions without worrying if anyone is upset, and others can't. The answer is to this is Disney should make all political opining off limits going forward. But that's unlikely.

. The answer is to this is Disney should make all political opining off limits going forward. But that's unlikely.

Saying "I think transgendered people deserve equality" and "I think COVID 19 is a fear mongering disease created by the Illuminati to control the masses" are not on the same level of political opinions.

Saying "I think transgendered people deserve equality" and "I think COVID 19 is a fear mongering disease created by the Illuminati to control the masses" are not on the same level of political opinions.
At my job, its all off limits. No sociopolitical talk. Everyone is treated with respect. Great place to work.

State your political opinions without comparing yourself to Jews in the Holocaust.
This is what did her in

Her previous comments were straight up ignorant, but comparing Jews during the Holocaust to today’s Republicans was just downright stupid as f**k! You don’t see Republican & QAnon idiots getting dragged out of their homes and tossed into concentration camps

Look. I personally don't know Gina well enough to make those kind of claims. I'm not exactly happy with the state of the fanbase either. I'm a big time Star Wars fan and I don't like the division. I have long time friends of mine I can't talk Star Wars with anymore because of this crap. There are definitely far more toxic fans than ever before, or at least they are more vocal about it, but you're going to see that kind of stupidity in every single fanbase, particularly Star Wars. We've seen it before with Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best and now Kelly Marie Tran. Now, these dudes are on an entirely different level with their visibility and their ability to launch personal attacks through social media (another reason why social media is the unholy devil). I don't think that those guys writing garbage on YouTube posts are truly representative of the type of fans Gina (or anyone) is happy to have in her corner, but like I said, I don't know her like that.

Regardless of political leanings, I don't think anyone should be subjected to a hostile work environment, and if Gina was causing that, she's gotta answer for it. But I also believe some within Disney (and Hollywood in general) feel completely free to state their political opinions without worrying if anyone is upset, and others can't. The answer is to this is Disney should make all political opining off limits going forward. But that's unlikely.
You have spent a lot of time in here and don't know the person Gina Carano is? Have you just avoided it or something? Not looked it up? Why? You have talked about this subject a lot. Are you not the least bit curious to know who you are defending? You say you don't know and yet she went on Ben Shapiro. Got in a working relationship with Ben Shapiro. The well known transphobe Ben Shapiro who goes out of his way to misgender people. But then again, you didn't know who Ben Shapiro was either. Not really, right?

The reason why it is fine to state more leftist ideology at a place like Disney is because it is what is reflected in the products they sell. It is their branding. Because being against bigotry, supporting general human rights, and not wanting people unjustly murdered in the street is something the majority of Americans agree with and thus are very lucrative for Disney. It is why they have started openly embracing the LGBTQ+ communities in their parks. It is why they like to give off the idea that they are very progressive, like their presentation of feminism, even if it is what it always is. Hell it's why Trump's good friend Vince McMahon allows his wrestlers to openly support Black Lives Matter and feminism in general, because it's sells well.

How do you think this sells?

Marjorie Taylor Greene posts anti-transgender sign across hall from lawmaker with transgender child - CNNPolitics
VRN79Ak.jpg

There is no mistaking what this is. What Carano aligned herself with. What she compared to being Jewish during the holocaust to. What the party has aligned itself with. This is why, conservative ideology has fallen out of favor in business. Not because the vast majority of higher ups don't believe destroying the workers through corporate tax cuts. It's literally all they attempt to do. But because the vast majority of Americans understand blatant hate when they see it, and the last 5 years of Trump and his acolytes have made it very clear. So when you tie yourself to that, it's not a good look. Not when it comes to selling products. And that is what the Republicans have tied themselves to. That was their choice, because you know, "the silent majority".

That is what the Republican party is now. What it stands for. It's not unreasonable to look at both sides of the spectrum differently, as if we watch elected officials supporting all of this. Causing it, and then deflecting blame. Like Trump and Majoire Taylor Greene aren't rock stars in the party. You are a conservative, right? Means you most likely support the free market, capitalism. This is that at work.

So yeah, if you want to state she got fired for her ideology, cool. But please don't misrepresent what they ideology is. Let's not act like it's reasonable. Not on a superhero board. You know, where we are all fans of Superman, Wonder Woman, the X-Men, Black Panther, etc.

Last edited:

Because its the nature of things.
Calling out government who cages children like the nazis did, is good...Making fun of Transgender, throwing out racism etc...using the holocaust, a event that involved the cruel killing of people based on who they are, because you cant handle people not liking your opinion you yourself post on a free social media platform...is bad.

Conservative mindset is dying, if people like or not.
Because Conservatism is a mindset that cant and shouldnt survive in a world that moves forward in opening itself to the true idea of Freedom.

And lets be honest, in Caranos case what has she done the last few months?
Made fun of Transgender, a group that desperatly just wants to be accepted for who they are, live their life how they want and how they feel is right for them.
They dont ask for world dominiation or so...they just ask for basic rights.

What else, she supported a terrorist attack on the american capitol that killed people serving the country.
She claimed its some conspiracy against a President who spent 4 years attacking everyone who disagreed with him and did nothing while a pandemic killed thousands.

The final straw was the fact that she made a holocaust comparison because she was ******** people didnt agree with all that.
She downplayed the cruelty of the holocaust, of the peoples suffering...just because of her Ego.

And as i always say, a persons political opinion is who they are as a person.
If one wants to keep it to themself, fine...but i dont think at work or so it shouldnt be forbidden downright to voice your political opinion.
That is not a got work climate if you need to do that.
I dont think its a must to share political opinions, but it shouldnt be off limits either.
When one wants to share their beliefs and are willing to defend them, they should be able to voice it.
Just as society then should be free to judge a person based on that, since the person judges others too, because that is what a political opinion is imo.

You have spent a lot of time in here and don't know the person Gina Carano is? Have you just avoided it or something? Not looked it up? Why? You have talked about this subject a lot. Are you not the least bit curious to know who you are defending? You say you don't know and yet she went on Ben Shapiro. Got in a working relationship with Ben Shapiro. The well known transphobe Ben Shapiro who goes out of his way to misgender people. But then again, you didn't know who Ben Shapiro was either. Not really, right?

The reason why it is fine to state more leftist ideology at a place like Disney is because it is what is reflected in the products they sell. It is their branding. Because being against bigotry, supporting general human rights, and not wanting people unjustly murdered in the street is something the majority of Americans agree with and thus are very lucrative for Disney. It is why they have started openly embracing the LGBTQ+ communities in their parks. It is why they like to give off the idea that they are very progressive, like their presentation of feminism, even if it is what it always is. Hell it's why Trump's good friend Vince McMahon allows his wrestlers to openly support Black Lives Matter and feminism in general, because it's sells well.

How do you think this sells?

Marjorie Taylor Greene posts anti-transgender sign across hall from lawmaker with transgender child - CNNPolitics
VRN79Ak.jpg

There is no mistaking what this is. What Carano aligned herself with. What she compared to being Jewish during the holocaust to. What the party has aligned itself with. This is why, conservative ideology has fallen out of favor in business. Not because the vast majority of higher ups don't believe destroying the workers through corporate tax cuts. It's literally all they attempt to do. But because the vast majority of Americans understand blatant hate when they see it, and the last 5 years of Trump and his acolytes have made it very clear. So when you tie yourself to that, it's not a good look. Not when it comes to selling products. And that is what the Republicans have tied themselves to. That was their choice, because you know, "the silent majority".

That is what the Republican party is now. What it stands for. It's not unreasonable to look at both sides of the spectrum differently, as if we watch elected officials supporting all of this. Causing it, and then deflecting blame. Like Trump and Majoire Taylor Greene aren't rock stars in the party. You are a conservative, right? Means you most likely support the free market, capitalism. This is that at work.

So yeah, if you want to state she got fired for her ideology, cool. But please don't misrepresent what they ideology is. Let's not act like it's reasonable. Not on a superhero board. You know, where we are all fans of Superman, Wonder Woman, the X-Men, Black Panther, etc.

To make the kind of claims you make, I would have to know Gina personally. That's just me. So yes, I don't know her like that. If you feel comfortable making that claim, that's your privilege to do so.

I don't interpret her comments the same as you or others. Gina clarified herself on several of her controversial comments and folks don't care. I already knew (and Gina should've known) that once she outed her political affiliation, people would simply believe whatever they want to believe about her, regardless of what she says or does. And IMO, it's not fine to not accept people at face value, but that is everyone's absolute privilege to do so.

Its like this conversation. I'll say it again. I know who Ben Shapiro is and he's not my cup of tea. I don't follow or listen to Ben Shapiro. I've heard of him obviously but I don't really get into his content. Yet you throw shades of doubt that I'm somehow not being honest about that.

If you can't articulate your views without using some offensive adjective or comparison then your probably going to have some problems.

Carano bringing the holocaust into it is just bound to offend a lot of people. It was unnecessary to compare political opinions to a religions faith. Many Actors have the common sense to let publicists or trusted personal assistants proof read their social media drafts before posting.

And as i always say, a persons political opinion is who they are as a person.
If one wants to keep it to themself, fine...but i dont think at work or so it shouldnt be forbidden downright to voice your political opinion.
That is not a got work climate if you need to do that.
I dont think its a must to share political opinions, but it shouldnt be off limits either.
There are two topics at many family gatherings that are off limits...politics and religion. Why? Because it usually ruins Thanksgiving. Sameb with work. Can you work with someone you disagree with politically? Some can, some can't. I feel in certain arenas, work being one of them, it's best to keep the environment friendly and focused.

If you can't articulate your views without using some offensive adjective or comparison then your probably going to have some problems.

Carano bringing the holocaust into it is just bound to offend a lot of people. It was unnecessary to compare political opinions to a religions faith. Many Actors have the common sense to let publicists or trusted personal assistants proof read their social media drafts before posting.
I agree. Invoking the holocaust is always going to be dicey at best.

To make the kind of claims you make, I would have to know Gina personally. That's just me. So yes, I don't know her like that. If you feel comfortable making that claim, that's your privilege to do so.

I don't interpret her comments the same as you or others. Gina clarified herself on several of her controversial comments and folks don't care. I already knew (and Gina should've known) that once she outed her political affiliation, people would simply believe whatever they want to believe about her, regardless of what she says or does. And IMO, it's not fine to not accept people at face value, but that is everyone's absolute privilege to do so.

Its like this conversation. I'll say it again. I know who Ben Shapiro is and he's not my cup of tea. I don't follow or listen to Ben Shapiro. I've heard of him obviously but I don't really get into his content. Yet you throw shades of doubt that I'm somehow not being honest about that.
No, I am sure you don't know Ben Shapiro that well. It makes it easier to ignore who he is and what he has said, while having this discussion. It's the same with Carano's own history online.

You come to this thread pretty much every day, reiterating the same thing in defense of Carano. You mention very specific things she has said, but ignore the evidence presented against her. You play the, "point of view" card, but then refuse to exam the actual evidence. If you are going to spend so much time speaking on this subject, why not look up Carano's history? Shapiro's? It is easy to create a baseline for how trustworthy a source is if you actually check it out. But you refuse to. Why? There is a mountain of evidence online about what she supports, who she supports. Namely a bunch of far right lunatics and well known bigots. She has claimed to not being a conspiracy theorist, while pushing anti-mask and questioning the election. But according to you, because she says she isn't, it's can't be true?

The idea that you have to actually have a personal relationship with someone to judge certain aspects of them sets up an impossible expectation, that not even courts argue is necessary. But it does help avoiding talking about why Carano was actually fired. It gives you the ability to avoid the realities of what she has done, what she said outside of her narrow statements about how she's "not like that". It's why you ignore looking up Shapiro, even as Carano inserted him into this conversation, bolstering the point of why people know she's a bigot and liar.

You seem determined to take Carano's word at face value because she is a Republican. You give the benefit of the doubt where ever you can, while decrying she lost her job for her "political beliefs", while ignoring what said political beliefs entail. It's why you push the, "well no politics should be at work" idea. Even as every single job in the US has some sort of political entanglement. That ignores the conversation of who Carano is and what she has herself done and said. Why she was fired. I agree it is for being a Republican. What you are want to do is to ignore what that means in this context. It's why you ignored the middle of my last post.

And that is while the bold bit is so important. Richard Spencer, a self-confessed white nationalist could walk up to you and tell you about how he wants a white ethnostate, and because you only take people at "face value" when he also explained he wasn't racist, you'd have to believe him. And that's just not an honest conversation.

There are two topics at many family gatherings that are off limits...politics and religion. Why? Because it usually ruins Thanksgiving. Sameb with work. Can you work with someone you disagree with politically? Some can, some can't. I feel in certain arenas, work being one of them, it's best to keep the environment friendly and focused.
You left out the important bit about why that is. I understand that concept of trying to avoid confrontation, but the reason for said possible confrontation does actually matter. It's the entire context of the issue. Like if do to someone religious or political beliefs, an LGBTQ+ member can't be themselves at the dinner table, whose fault is that exactly?

No, I am sure you don't know Ben Shapiro that well. It makes it easier to ignore who he is and what he has said, while having this discussion. It's the same with Carano's own history online.

You come to this thread pretty much every day, reiterating the same thing in defense of Carano. You mention very specific things she has said, but ignore the evidence presented against her. You play the, "point of view" card, but then refuse to exam the actual evidence. If you are going to spend so much time speaking on this subject, why not look up Carano's history? Shapiro's? It is easy to create a baseline for how trustworthy a source is if you actually check it out. But you refuse to. Why? There is a mountain of evidence online about what she supports, who she supports. Namely a bunch of far right lunatics and well known bigots. She has claimed to not being a conspiracy theorist, while pushing anti-mask and questioning the election. But according to you, because she says she isn't, it's can't be true?

The idea that you have to actually have a personal relationship with someone to judge certain aspects of them sets up an impossible expectation, that not even courts argue is necessary. But it does help avoiding talking about why Carano was actually fired. It gives you the ability to avoid the realities of what she has done, what she said outside of her narrow statements about how she's "not like that". It's why you ignore looking up Shapiro, even as Carano inserted him into this conversation, bolstering the point of why people know she's a bigot and liar.

You seem determined to take Carano's word at face value because she is a Republican. You give the benefit of the doubt where ever you can, while decrying she lost her job for her "political beliefs", while ignoring what said political beliefs entail. It's why you push the, "well no politics should be at work" idea. Even as every single job in the US has some sort of political entanglement. That ignores the conversation of who Carano is and what she has herself done and said. Why she was fired. I agree it is for being a Republican. What you are want to do is to ignore what that means in this context. It's why you ignored the middle of my last post.

And that is while the bold bit is so important. Richard Spencer, a self-confessed white nationalist could walk up to you and tell you about how he wants a white ethnostate, and because you only take people at "face value" when he also explained he wasn't racist, you'd have to believe him. And that's just not an honest conversation.
I looked up Gina's controversial tweets. The pronoun issue, the masks, the election, and holocaust post. I read everyone's opinions on them. I also listened to her interview where she explained herself. I formed my own opinion based on that information.

If I'm stating I know who Shapiro is and that he's not my cup of tea, this should indicate to you I've been able to make an assessment of his content, and I clearly know enough about him. He's just not for me. Just because he's a conservative doesn't mean I have to like him or follow him. Many conservatives don't like Ben Shapiro.

And yes, I try not to make detailed judgments on people I don't know, and to say someone is seeking validation from a very hateful group of people is a very specific claim. Unless I know this for a fact from knowing the person, I'm not going to go there. But that is your privilege to do so.

I don't take everything any Republican says at face value. I also didn't come to this post every day commenting about Gina. My last post was last Sunday. I had no abiding interest in it until you tagged me back in.

And if I had that conversation with Richard Spencer, I would explain to him exactly why I think his statement and his beliefs are racist.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Walk me through this.

That ignores the conversation of who Carano is and what she has herself done and said. Why she was fired. I agree it is for being a Republican. What you are want to do is to ignore what that means in this context.

I looked up Gina's controversial tweets. The pronoun issue, the masks, the election, and holocaust post. I read everyone's opinions on them. I also listened to her interview where she explained herself. I formed my own opinion based on that information.

If I'm stating I know who Shapiro is and that he's not my cup of tea, this should indicate to you I've been able to make an assessment of his content, and I clearly know enough about him. He's just not for me. Just because he's a conservative doesn't mean I have to like him or follow him. Many conservatives don't like Ben Shapiro.

And yes, I try not to make detailed judgments on people I don't know, and to say someone is seeking validation from a very hateful group of people is a very specific claim. Unless I know this for a fact from knowing the person, I'm not going to go there. But that is your privilege to do so.

I don't take everything any Republican says at face value. I also didn't come to this post every day commenting about Gina. My last post was last Sunday. I had no abiding interest in it until you tagged me back in.

And if I had that conversation with Richard Spencer, I would explain to him exactly why I think his statement and his beliefs are racist.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Walk me through this.
Why isn't Shapiro your cup of tea?

you don't know who Richard Spencer is. How can you know his statements and beliefs are racist?

As to the last bit. Political affiliation isn't the issue, it is the party and the views expressed that are the problem. What Carano said is bigoted, and those bigoted views make up a large portion of the Republican party that voted for Donald Trump.

You left out the important bit about why that is. I understand that concept of trying to avoid confrontation, but the reason for said possible confrontation does actually matter. It's the entire context of the issue. Like if do to someone religious or political beliefs, an LGBTQ+ member can't be themselves at the dinner table, whose fault is that exactly?
I'm not sure I would blame anyone. Everyone in a family will not agree on hot button topics. I believe you should set a standard that we are all family, regardless of politics, religious, or sexual orientation and/or identity, and if you can discuss these things without getting into averbal altercation, that's great. But what are the odds of that? It's no different than a lone conservative at the dinner table with a house full of liberals, or vice versa. The only way it works where everyone can have a voice and talk and not feel bullied or intimidated is if everyone keeps their emotions in check, but that's rare. Thus the rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"