Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'd be horrified at the thought of a Grey's Anatomy star joining Glee (I really can't stand the majority of the GA cast), but Ramirez just happens to be the one that's perfect for Glee, so I'd approve. As far as I'm concerned, the original Lady of the Lake is welcome anytime in any context!

But I agree that she's more of a big sister for Santana than a mom type.

I think it would work out for her character if they went with "young mother and daughter, living in the "ghetto"/Lima heights then marrying into money" and thus Santanas attitude.

But I would be fine with whatever role they gave her.

Terri moving to Miami was the best part of the episode for me.

I have to admit, I'm surprised Jesse consulting New Directions wasn't all part of Sgt. Handsome's plan to take out the competition.

Why would he still be loyal to VA? Jesse seems like the kind of guy who is out for himself so it wouldn't really make sense to stay loyal to a group he's no longer a part of. Since what he wants is Rachel, he'll do anything to get her which means helping ND.

Instead of making BTW extra Glee sized, they probably shouldve made the finale longer since it seems a lot will be going down.

I thought the episode was....meh. It was okay. I liked how they handled the funeral, though I highly doubt Sue will stay nice to Will given that lasted about an episode after the season 1 finale last year. Otherwise, eh. Jesse is a toolbag *****e, but he was right in his criticism of Finn and Kurt's performances this episode. And the way Finn broke up with Quinn right after a funeral and insulting her? Stay classy, Finn. :whatever:

So, now we're back to Finn wanting to be with Rachel who is semi-dating Jesse at near the end of a season finale? Yawn. I hope Murphy is more creative next year.

She's not gone. Ryan Murphy already said all regulars will be back next season, so Terri will be around in season 3. I'm still expecting her to be pregnant from her little trist with Will.

Jessie was homophobic in his critic of Kurt if you ask me. I understood the Broadway legends part of the critique, but to even bring up the fact that it's a song sung by a woman? Was there a need? No. Why not bring up the fact that Mercedes sang a song by a man? Yeah.

Finn was right about Quinn though. She doesn't feel anymore. She's so focused on trivial things and has abandoned all her heart felt feelings.

[YT]5Ea8547Ed0w[/YT]
Cory is so likeable.... it's a shame they made Finn one of the least likeable characters on the show. :csad:

Was that Terri's send-off? Thought it would've been more dramatic.

Terri ain't going anywhere:When Glee mania exploded last season, Jessalyn Gilsig was shut out of the celebration. Gilsig's manipulative Terri Schuester was so reviled by fans that the show writers quickly wrapped the conniving character's fake pregnancy story line and sent her packing. There was talk of rebound romance — first with Finn (Cory Monteith), then later with rival glee director Dustin (Cheyenne Jackson) — but neither materialized. Adding salt to her wounds: Just as Will and Terri's marriage was crumbling, Gilsig was privately going through a divorce of her own.

"Glee was bittersweet for me," confides Gilsig. "As grateful as I was for the work, life was not going very well." But now Terri is finally being invited to join the party — thanks to the latest diabolical scheme of Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch). "I form this Legion of Doom to destroy Glee club, and Terri's a part of it," says Lynch. Adds Matthew Morrison, Gilsig's on-screen ex, "It's going to be a tough week for Will when all my nemeses come together to crush me."

While Terri may not prove much of a threat initially, Gilsig promises the worst is yet to come. "Terri tells Sue her approach isn't working and it's time to rewrite the playbook," says Gilsig, who was thrilled to hear that she'll play a big role in this season's remaining episodes — and will appear in as many as 22 next year. "It was hard during that long stretch, but I've finally found a balance in my life," she says. "I'm so happy to be back."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jessalyn-Gilsig-Glee-1032023.aspx

Lol, sure. Let's see how that pans our.

She's gonna be in, like, 3 episodes altogether. "What? We said she'd appear in as many as 22 episodes! Not exactly 22!"

I thought they handled the death of Sue's sister sweetly, some good scenes between Will and Sue.

Finn's latest brain fart was more irritating than usual, this stuff with him Quinn, Rachel and Jessie is boring.

I'm not as big on the music as some here but out of the 4 that performed for the solo spot I thought Kurt presented his number the best, all offer something different vocally but I find Mercedes over the top.

She's gonna be in, like, 3 episodes altogether. "What? We said she'd appear in as many as 22 episodes! Not exactly 22!"

Actually when you word something like that it means she will appear in no less than the number.

Last edited:
Oh, is it? I always took it as being another way of saying tops. Huh.

Regardless, I'll be genuinely shocked to see her in even half the episodes next season.

We all know Murphy drops plotlines on a whim. Maybe Terri appeared next season is one of them. Earlier this season he said Jesse would not appear and he's going to be in his third next week.

Shes 35, thats old enough to be her mother if need be. They would probably be a really close mother/daughter duo.

She doesn't LOOK old enough... but what you in a later post about her being a young mother could work too.

Jesse stated facts about Finn not being the best singer and being a bad dancer, but so what if Kurt sings songs originally performed by women? Rachel has sang several songs by men.

If the songs are done well, then that should be all that matters.

As for the episode, the funeral was sad, and Jesse and Finn are both tools.

Jesse stated facts about Finn not being the best singer and being a bad dancer, but so what if Kurt sings songs originally performed by women? Rachel has sang several songs by men.

I'd rather see a completely new love interest come in than see her with either of them. They're both past the point of redemption for me. Jesse is a know-it-all who really knows nothing (guy dropped out of college because he couldn't pass remedial classes) and Finn doesn't know what he wants (he broke up with Quinn... then told her he still loved her as she leaves the car... umm... which is it Frankenteen?).

I don't even understand why Jesse is even here. It's almost as bad as the 40 year old drunk enrolling in high school classes.

I think some of you are misunderstanding Jesse's critique of Kurt's performance. It's not the matter of him doing a female song, it was the matter of yeah he can sing the song, but he's no Ethel Merman, Bernadette Peters, or Patti LuPone, and that's what Jessie was getting at.

Except he couldn't sing the song, and Jessie was right about that.

Kurt is my favorite character, and lord knows Im madly in love with Chris Colfer. But his voice just cannot handle these broadway diva songs they give him. He literally destroys them the way Quinn destroys classic soul.

Jesse's an ***hole, but he's a funny ***hole, which is more than I can say for Finn.

[YT]5Ea8547Ed0w[/YT]
Cory is so likeable.... it's a shame they made Finn one of the least likeable characters on the show. :csad:
I know, I hate Finn but I still adore Cory. He's one of my favorite behind-the-scenes personalities in the cast.

Terri ain't going anywhere:When Glee mania exploded last season, Jessalyn Gilsig was shut out of the celebration. Gilsig's manipulative Terri Schuester was so reviled by fans that the show writers quickly wrapped the conniving character's fake pregnancy story line and sent her packing. There was talk of rebound romance — first with Finn (Cory Monteith), then later with rival glee director Dustin (Cheyenne Jackson) — but neither materialized. Adding salt to her wounds: Just as Will and Terri's marriage was crumbling, Gilsig was privately going through a divorce of her own.

"Glee was bittersweet for me," confides Gilsig. "As grateful as I was for the work, life was not going very well." But now Terri is finally being invited to join the party — thanks to the latest diabolical scheme of Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch). "I form this Legion of Doom to destroy Glee club, and Terri's a part of it," says Lynch. Adds Matthew Morrison, Gilsig's on-screen ex, "It's going to be a tough week for Will when all my nemeses come together to crush me."

While Terri may not prove much of a threat initially, Gilsig promises the worst is yet to come. "Terri tells Sue her approach isn't working and it's time to rewrite the playbook," says Gilsig, who was thrilled to hear that she'll play a big role in this season's remaining episodes — and will appear in as many as 22 next year. "It was hard during that long stretch, but I've finally found a balance in my life," she says. "I'm so happy to be back."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jessalyn-Gilsig-Glee-1032023.aspx

I'll believe it when I see it. :o

Kurt and Rachel singing For Good. Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"