Got done watching X2

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
I must say, it's now an entirely different experience watching this film, knowing everything I know about X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Couldn't help but think of the history at the Alkali Lake facility when Logan arrived at the ruins - the history with Deadpool, Sabretooth, and the rest of Team X.

Stryker has become an even MORE evil *******, knowing about his previous experiments, particularly his insane experiment on Weapon XI.

Logan's forgotten past all of a sudden became a lot more meaningful. Stryker is just bad luck for Cyclops - poor guy.

And it's also fun seeing Mystique hack into Stryker's computer, and highlighting "Remy LeBeau", now knowing that in somehow, someway, he has some kind of connection with Stryker.

On another note in regards to the new movie's impact on the series, I also think it makes Jean Grey's death in X-Men: The Last Stand more meaningful when all the women that Logan falls in love with suffer the gravest of fates. It seems to be Logan's curse.

And just thinking about it, X2 seems to be the centerpiece of the entire franchise.

X-Men was essentially a build up to X2, and obviously X-Men: The Last Stand is a direct sequel to X2, dealing with the final moments of Jean's sacrifice and all.

And now X-Men Origins: Wolverine is also a "sequel" (prequel for the correct term) to X2 directly, as it specifically deals with the characters and story arcs introduced and set up there as well.

Had a similar experience the first time I watched X2 after seeing X-Men: The Last Stand. It's kind of interesting how the experience of watching these films changes everytime a new one comes out.

The X-Men: The Last Stand experience won't change too much, as it doesn't really have any plot points that are being carried on in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but the X2 experience has changed a couple times for me already. This movie really is the one from which the rest of the series branches out from.

yeah its always fun going back and watching films knowing how the sequels/prequels are, you kinda feel more for the character, like watching Fellowship of the Ring after watching the Return of the King. It really makes you think!

I'm now looking forward to that X-Men trilogy Blu-Ray collection. :D

I must say, it's now an entirely different experience watching this film, knowing everything I know about X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Couldn't help but think of the history at the Alkali Lake facility when Logan arrived at the ruins - the history with Deadpool, Sabretooth, and the rest of Team X.

Stryker has become an even MORE evil *******, knowing about his previous experiments, particularly his insane experiment on Weapon XI.

Logan's forgotten past all of a sudden became a lot more meaningful. Stryker is just bad luck for Cyclops - poor guy.

And it's also fun seeing Mystique hack into Stryker's computer, and highlighting "Remy LeBeau", now knowing that in somehow, someway, he has some kind of connection with Stryker.

On another note in regards to the new movie's impact on the series, I also think it makes Jean Grey's death in X-Men: The Last Stand more meaningful when all the women that Logan falls in love with suffer the gravest of fates. It seems to be Logan's curse.

And just thinking about it, X2 seems to be the centerpiece of the entire franchise.

X-Men was essentially a build up to X2, and obviously X-Men: The Last Stand is a direct sequel to X2, dealing with the final moments of Jean's sacrifice and all.

And now X-Men Origins: Wolverine is also a "sequel" (prequel for the correct term) to X2 directly, as it specifically deals with the characters and story arcs introduced and set up there as well.

Had a similar experience the first time I watched X2 after seeing X-Men: The Last Stand. It's kind of interesting how the experience of watching these films changes everytime a new one comes out.

The X-Men: The Last Stand experience won't change too much, as it doesn't really have any plot points that are being carried on in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but the X2 experience has changed a couple times for me already. This movie really is the one from which the rest of the series branches out from.

I agree completley iam def going to re watch x2 after i see Wolverine in theaters

I should watch this movie again sometime. I own it on....(wait for it)....

VHS!

for me, xmen origins: wolverine, xmen and xmen 2 might be my trilogy, as i dno if i can ever except xmen: the last stand as part of the trilogy

X2 is one of the greatest comic book movies of all time.

Hell, I consider it to be better than Iron Man.

X3 was a piece of ****.

X2 is one of the greatest comic book movies of all time.

Hell, I consider it to be better than Iron Man.

X3 was a piece of ****.

Why is it that with comic book movies,
First one is good
Second is great,
but Third sucks.

Happens with
X-Men series
Spider-Man series
and probably more. 3rds always suck.

hmm... I see a pattern.

Batman Begins = good
The Dark Knight = great
3rd Batman = ?

Why is it that with comic book movies,
First one is good
Second is great,
but Third sucks.

Happens with
X-Men series
Spider-Man series
and probably more. 3rds always suck.

hmm... I see a pattern.

Batman Begins = good
The Dark Knight = great
3rd Batman = ?

Because in the first movie they are taking a chance.
Second Movie they realized they really got something going
Third Movie they want to make money.

Me too...I hope we finally get some deleted X2 scenes:cmad:

Are there more deleted scenes to X2 then we've already seen?

I remember Jubilee at the museum, Nightcrawler making a kid barf and the whole Xavier/Scott sub scene among others on the DVD deleted scenes.

X2 does take on more complexity given what will happen in Origins Wolverine. I LOVE THAT!

Stryker in X2:

"I've been working with mutants for as long as you have, Xavier."

"I was pilotin' Black Ops missions in the jungles of North Vietnam while you were suckin' on your mama's tit at Woodstock, Kelly."

"If you knew the kind of person you used to be, the work we did together... People don't change, Wolverine. You were an animal then and you're an animal now. I just gave you claws."

Plus...

Professor X: "What have you done with Scott?"
William Stryker: "Don't worry. I'm just giving him a little reeducation. Of course, you know all about that, don't you?"

I hope they don't do that with batman 3...
I hope they don't do that with Iron Man 3...

I think they feel they need to top the second so they go nuts and try and jam too much in to the film. Forget the need to out do the sequel and just tell a good story. Spider-Man 3 had its moments but they simply tried to jam too much in to one movie. The Pirates of the Caribbean movies did the same thing. The first was a fun romp but the two follow ups were CGI clusterf*%ks.

I think it's more that the third one makes them arrogant and think "Oh there's no way we're going down now!" So they tend to make stupid decisions and focus less on what is happening with the film because of those decisions and think more about that fat paycheck that is coming after all the hype the second film built up. With the first sequel, they still have to show the series has some longevity by topping or matching the first film.

Another problem is similar to what topdog1 said, but now it's also been that people keep wanting to make trilogies so not only do they jam too much in but they try to tie up all the lose ends. The trilogy mentality shot both Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3 in the foot because both films had elements that could have been saved for a later film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"