Guardians of the Galaxy Crossover

darthcoolness3

Sidekick
Reaction score
Is it possible for Marvel Studios to team up with Lucasfilm to do a Guardians of the Galaxy crossover movie with Star Wars, since they are both owned by Disney? It would give an huge boost to merchandise, since it's two popular franchises coming together.

I would hate this to be honest. Star Wars lore is breaking fast enough without having to explain Infinity Stones existing in the same universe as The Force.

To answer your question, though, I am sure any crossover you can think of is possible if you pay the right people the right amount.

I suppose its *possible*, sure. Its a dumb idea that is ridiculously unlikely, though.

There is no way to do this organically on the big screen and no reason to, I'm sure a cross over comic with dubious continuity implications already exists or is in the pipeline probably should have added a SWs guest character to MVCI

Spiderman already refers to ESB in Civil War. It wont make much sense and they will have to explain Portman and Sam Jackson.. lol.

Spiderman already refers to ESB in Civil War. It wont make much sense and they will have to explain Portman and Sam Jackson.. lol.
good point though to be fair spiderman never name drops the movie so they could always pull a "Last Action Hero"esque swap if they wanted but this already a bad idea imo lol

I thought he does say "Empire Strikes Back" in Civil War. Doesn't he?

Yeah leave star wars out of my marvel please. They've been destroying that EU for two decades now.

Yeah leave star wars out of my marvel please. They've been destroying that EU for two decades now.

Not sure that GOTG's tone and emphasis on family/friendship is compatible with Star Wars.

If anything GOTG would be a better crossover with Star Trek - which has had its share of ridiculous creatures and artifacts (and humour).

Also Star Wars has a great score, but no real pop/rock music (yes, including the awful musical number in the remastered ROTJ). GOTG needs its rock and roll, it's an important part of who they are - and I don't think that would fit with Star Wars either.

Yeah, so it's a no from me.

It would be awesome to see but it wouldn't make sense and the fanboys would go nuclear over it to be honest. Closest we could get to a crossover would probably be them messing with the reality or time stone and going to some alternate universe where Jedi and Sith are the villains and heroes of the universe.

I would hate this to be honest. Star Wars lore is breaking fast enough without having to explain Infinity Stones existing in the same universe as The Force.

To answer your question, though, I am sure any crossover you can think of is possible if you pay the right people the right amount.

Agreed if they added the Infinity Stones in the same universe they would be in a hole to deep to get out of...

Can they? Technically, yes.

Will they, or even should they? Probably Not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"