Guardians of the Galaxy

Karen Gillian is apparently done filming as well.

Last edited:
The Guardians(Nebula and Mantis) had a couple weeks of filming so as speculated I’d say they have a small part in TLT. I could see them having an early adventure with Thor and then they would part ways leading to Thor’s main quest.

Last edited:
Chris Pratt back in the US.

Unfortunately James Gunn confirmed today on Instagram that we won't be seeing adult Groot again.

No prime Groot saddens me.

Thanks for this thread and all the updates. Came here to figure out everything going on with the Guardians in this movie. Looks like just about all of them should pop up for a bit aside from the obvious in Gamora.

Hopefully setting things up for Vol 3 which should begin filming later this year.

Would be cool if the Guardians help Thor in a battle before going their separate ways.

EwobZtiVcAUdQJG

You went down to Australia to shoot Thor 4 with the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy cast, and I have to imagine that it was quite the ordeal when you consider scheduling, traveling, a two-week quarantine and everything that comes with pandemic-era production. Because of that, did Taika Waititi create a little more material for you guys to shoot, given everything you went through to get down there?

(Laughs.) Well, assuming that I went to Australia to shoot for Thor 4… (Laughs.) I know that Chris Pratt has announced that he’s in Thor 4, but I haven’t heard from anybody at Marvel or Disney where it would be OK for me to say that I was in Thor 4. So I will neither confirm nor deny. (Laughs.) But having said that, I’ve worked with Taika before, and so I know Taika’s process. Taika’s process is whatever’s written on page, there’s going to be a dozen more opportunities for you to shine because he’s an improvisational-type actor and he’s an improvisational-type director. So yes, if you have an opportunity to work with Taika Waititi, don’t even be concerned about how small the role is because if you get there and start killing it, he’s going to make you a bigger part of the film. Did that answer your question in a roundabout way? (Laughs.)

It did. I just could’ve sworn that I saw a video of you guys inside a private jet, where it was mentioned that you were heading down to Thor 4. I want to say that it was for some award show or event, but maybe I’m mistaken

Yeah, it’s one of those things where I kind of dance around it because I don’t want to piss anybody at Marvel off. I don’t want to piss anybody at Disney off. And as far as I know, I guess they gave Pratt a go-ahead to announce that he was in the film, but I haven’t heard anything about it. And as far as I’ve heard, they said it’s not OK to confirm that you’re in the film. But obviously, when all the Guardians are on a Disney jet going to Australia and they photograph us walking into the hotel… (Laughs.) There are photographs of everybody except for me on set. So because there were no photographs of me as Drax on set, I’ve not come out and said, “Yeah, I’m in Thor 4.”

Dave Bautista on ‘Army of the Dead’ and ‘Knives Out 2’ Casting – The Hollywood Reporter

The Guardians(Nebula and Mantis) had a couple weeks of filming so as speculated I’d say they have a small part in TLT. I could see them having an early adventure with Thor and then they would part ways leading to Thor’s main quest.
That would be plenty and very satisfactory for me.

I don't mind Adult Groot. Adult Groot would have been an asset in the Battle of Earth. Fighting alongside Giant Man would have been a sight to behold.

That brings us to Thor: Love and Thunderdirector, Taika Waititi, and if you know even the tiniest bit about his filmography (or his interviews for that matter), Gillan’s new descriptor for Nebula probably won’t come as much of a surprise:

“And then Taika really brought out the bonkers side. I think everyone is just really, really funny and bonkers and wild.”

Gillan also took a moment to clarify that “bonkers” doesn’t necessarily mean Nebula is deliberately playing into the humor of it all:

“I don’t know if it’s personal [levity]. Like I don’t think she's finding herself funny or being funny, but in her seriousness I think we will find her funny, and just the pure aggression that we’ve tapped into.”
The humor deriving from the character work. That’s very good.

I don't mind Adult Groot. Adult Groot would have been an asset in the Battle of Earth. Fighting alongside Giant Man would have been a sight to behold.
Scott just picking him up and using him like a beating stick?

:o

I do think that Groot will look older considering L&T takes place a few years after Endgame.

Seems like something Guardians related is coming out Monday. Cosmic Rewind I think is a ride somewhere so it should be that, I guess no trailer then…

But it was filmed when they filmed the Holiday special and Vol. 3.
It‘ll be canon but also no impact on the story.
But didn’t had the Tower of Terror makeover the Nuspelheim dragon before it was revealed in Ragnarok?

I do think that Groot will look older considering L&T takes place a few years after Endgame.
Hope so. Baby Groot is cute but I’d much prefer getting as adult a Groot as possible for the sheer power and resilience in action scenes. I’d like for that to carry over to GotG 3.

First look at some of the Guardians, namely Star Lord and Groot in TLT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"