Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the same time, they seemed to get the Black Panther scoop dead wrong.

Well they are right, the Latino Review writers are not journalists and they are fanboys and it is a fanboy website ;) .

I kid, I kid.

I got to be honest though, as a journalist I personally hate all these secret hidden sources and un-sourced information. If people are putting stuff out there they potentially shouldn't, they should be willing to do it in the open and accept the consequences.

Of course, the guys over at Latino Review are making a big deal about this. I didn't see anyone threaten a lawsuit or legal action in that letter. They just asked for a cooperation. At the end of the day, they're profiting off of stolen goods (they mention stolen art) so I don't think they should get the benefit of the doubt. Marvel wants to know who is leaking their stuff and in return will provide some favors. It's all shady but at least Marvel isn't going straight to sue their asses territory.

At the same time, they seemed to get the Black Panther scoop dead wrong.

Yea that fell flat pretty quick, if Avengers 2 is coming in 2016 instead of 2015 like everyone thinks....they might be right and we getaway BLack Panther film in '15. But yea right now it seems dead wrong.

I stopped paying attention to them when they endorsed the Chun-Li script.

For Groot and Rocket, I think it would be nice if they used suit performances with cgi enhancements like Where the Wild Things Are. Give them something tangible to work with.

Looks like Latino Review are trying to stir **** up with Marvel. Not a very classy or respectable thing to do, make this fued public. They probably want everyone to stand up for them and have Marvel back down. I don't if that will work, it doesn't look like they're dealing with this very maturely, I don't know if many people support them like they had probably hoped.

Indeed. Like I said, if you actually read the letter, LR is blowing this thing out of proportion. They're like "They're threatening my career!" No they're not.:whatever::whatever:

For Groot and Rocket, I think it would be nice if they used suit performances with cgi enhancements like Where the Wild Things Are. Give them something tangible to work with.
Or put Peter Dinklage in a raccoon costume ;) .

When are we gonna get some guardians in Avengers Alliance?

Wow! Of all the things I saw Marvel Studios doing in the near future a Guardians of the Galaxy film was not one of them! Thats awesome! Unfortunately I have a very limited knowledge of the GotG. I think I only own one or two issues! But nevertheless it is exciting!

This is exciting ! I cnt wait hear more about this movie it's most interesting concepts in phase II to me and how it will tie into the next avengers

Or put Peter Dinklage in a raccoon costume ;) .

That is unlikely to happen. I'm sure they are gonna use CGI for Rocket Raccoon. And I fear that if they use a costume, it would look goofy and the actor wouldn't look like a real raccoon.

Nevermind the fact that Peter Dinklage IS NOT RACCOON SIZE!!!

Neither is Rocket Raccoon.

Look, I'm the first one who suggested Peter Dinklage for RR, and this was way back before the movie was even announced. And I meant for him to do the voice and the motion capture as I felt someone his size could better replicate the movements of such a small character than an average sized person. Plus he's got a great voice for it. I don't know where people are getting the idea for him to wear a costume, unless they're joking.

Oh s**t I just got reminded of something - I SINCERELY HOPE they add debrief logs in the movie! :awesome:

Lol why would they use Dinklage? Rocket will be fully CGI, so the only thing that matters is the voice. Dinklage is a very good actor, love him on GoT, but theres no compelling reason why he would be cast in this role. That said, I think he could do a decent job given his general acting talent.

Last edited:
Oh s**t I just got reminded of something - I SINCERELY HOPE they add debrief logs in the movie! :awesome:

0828f_gamoragoteam.jpg

Lol why would they use Dinklage? Rocket will be fully CGI, so the only thing that matters is the voice. Dinklage is a very good actor, love him on GoT, but theres no compelling reason why he would be cast in this role. That said, I think he could do a decent job given his general acting talent.

Nobody uses fully CGI anymore. Get with the times. I see no good reason not to use motion capture since Rocky is basically a humanoid. In fact, I'll be disappointed if they don't.

Last edited:

Yep.

I think the film could use a healthy dose of not taking itself too seriously....I don't mean broad-sided slapstick comedy or anything, but you sure as hell can't play material like GOTG with a straight face.....it has to be tongue-in-cheek adventure. Which is what all good space opera is, anyway.

Plus, the debrief logs are "relevant" to modern audiences who are very familiar with that concept from reality tv.

I'm not familiar with GOTG at all. But after seeing the promo-art and reading up some on the premise of it all, I'm really interested in this. Definitely gonna pick up some GOTG books now. Seems like something I could love. Epic sci-fi storytelling with cool and inventive characters, seems almost video-game-ish in it's approach.

So Bendis' Avengers Assemble comic continues to hint at the direction the MCU is taking....

#7 is out soon, and features the (cinematic lineup) Avengers joining the (cinematic lineup) Guardians of the Galaxy to take on Thanos.

Interesting tagline: "Who needs an Infinity Gauntlet?" Shows Thanos holding up the Tesseract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"