Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
COSMIC CUBE. Did not get why they felt the need to change the name for the movies. Hope he doesn't accidentally drop it this time.

So Bendis' Avengers Assemble comic continues to hint at the direction the MCU is taking....

#7 is out soon, and features the (cinematic lineup) Avengers joining the (cinematic lineup) Guardians of the Galaxy to take on Thanos.

Interesting tagline: "Who needs an Infinity Gauntlet?" Shows Thanos holding up the Tesseract.

I saw this and it felt very Avengers 2 ish :-).

Spider-Man crossover confirmed

Snxh0.jpg

COSMIC CUBE. Did not get why they felt the need to change the name for the movies. Hope he doesn't accidentally drop it this time.

I know right/ I guess Tesseract sounds less goofy than saying cosmic cube but thats what it is.

I know right/ I guess Tesseract sounds less goofy than saying cosmic cube but thats what it is.

Yeah, pretty sure I remember reading that Feige didn't want to use "Cosmic Cube" because it sounded too cheesy. Tesseract was an homage to Madeleine L'Engle's time-travel/interdimensional stories.

I don't care so much for this movie,but Joss says he's a big fan of Jim Starlin's "AVENGERS ANNUAL #7 and MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #2". I'm hoping that Moondragon/Captain Mar-vell/Adam Warlock will show up at the beginning of A2 and warn the Avengers about Thanos.

http://returntocomics.typepad.com/return_to_comics/2005/08/avenger_annual_.html

We pick up the story as Adam Warlock, following a trail of devastation, finds Thanos’ right-hand wench Gamora, dying. He then sucks her soul into the Soul Gem and takes off “on quest most would find as difficult as casting a shadow on a mirror,” to stop Thanos’ effort to please Death by killing off all the stars. And we’re not talking Hollywood here. This naturally leads him to the Avengers. Unless this had been a Fantastic Four Annual, then it would have lead him to them, or the Defenders, or, well, anyway…
So it appears that Thanos’ armada is headed right for Earth and the Avengers are the only ones who can stop it (because it’s their Annual). Of course by this time Warlock has disappeared, leaving the Avengers to figure things out for themselves:

I really hope that Marvel Studios sits down with a stack of Sci-Fi movies and figures out what works and doesn't work, and what to do/ not to do.

We've had major sci-fi bombs two years in a row, one based on a comic book, the other based on a pulp novel. I'd hate to see GotG complete the trifecta.

And the year before that we had a big sci-fi hit :oldrazz:

And the year before that we had a big sci-fi hit :oldrazz:

There are many major examples of sci-fi, both good and bad, from the past 10 years. I hope Marvel considers all that came before this movie while making it.

One thing I loved about Captain America so much is the sense of history the film had; there are so many homages to that sort of brisk adventure film from the 70s. I hope GoTG shows a similar awareness of great sci fi.

In the books Gamora has a friends with beni's relationship with Nova. Since it doesn't look like he's gonna be in this one, do you think that will be transplanted to Starlord? Seeing as how she's the only female that we know of, and Marvel, well Hollywood in general, has to have a love subplot, I could see this happening.

they make good scifi films already they only need to do it again but in space for the different aesthetic.

edit: any one noticed this
g83Uv.jpg

Last edited:
i noticed i have seen that pic everywhere but in the gotg manip section, kind of lonely in there.

hmm.. marvel's never done space opera in film yet. I hope the character roster isn't too crowded, it could get overwhelming easily with too many weird-shaped creatures.. there needs to be a compelling narrative, and distinct personalities among the primary characters.

Taking some cues from Star Wars is fine, but the producers shouldn't obsess over it or try to copycat it.

I'd also prefer a plot that just jumps right into it, rather than an extended origin story.. the individual origins of everybody is just too disparate..

I think they might do some Dirty Dozen/Mass Effect 2 style story. Adam Warlock comes to Peter Quill, tells him about his destiny & a great threat to the galaxy. Then Quill becomes the Star-Lord & goes onto create a team of the galaxy's best fighters.

Kinda interesting this'll be the first MCU film based on characters not thought up by Stan Lee. Think he will still cameo?

I'd like to think so since it's a Marvel Studios movie. I think Stan probably loves the idea of the Guardians.

If he's had three scripts on the black list, I'm not complaining. lol. Might track one down to check out his stuff

It's an annual list of the best as-yet-unproduced scripts each year. It's voted on by a couple hundred execs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"