Guess That Line: The Movie Line Trivia Game !

T'was the War Wagon.

Great flick I feel conflicted liking these days, as with much of the Wayne filmography.
Agreed 100%

I like to think of War Wagon as a Kirk Douglas movie. I feel better about myself for it. Just like Sons of Katie Elder is a Dean Martin movie.

Agreed 100%

I like to think of War Wagon as a Kirk Douglas movie. I feel better about myself for it. Just like Sons of Katie Elder is a Dean Martin movie.

(sigh)

Grew up with my grandma at home and she adored Wayne as did my pops. Saw probably most of his films, especially the ones made in color as his career progressed. The Searchers, Rio Bravo, Rio Lobo, El Dorado, North To Alaska, True Grit, The Shootist, The Quiet Man... I love those movies but even as a teen as more of his personal views came to light I just started weeding them out of my regular movie diet.

Same with Eastwood though Clint in public on issues of race was and is light years ahead of Wayne you can see where he lands solidly on the spectrum and again... The Dollars Trilogy, Dirty Harry, Kelly's Heroes, In The Line Of Fire, Heartbreak Ridge... These films are essential to me and yet I can't say I have watched any recently.

You'know I always felt you could do a cool sci Fi actioner remake of War Wagon. The bones are solid to build something based in a Firefly type setting or a Mad Max post apocalyptic type thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"