Guild Wars II

Benstamania

Go away.
Reaction score
Confirmed for consoles.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/15/guild-wars-2-console-version-confirmed/

Guild Wars Insider has the scoop on the confirmation of a Guild Wars 2 console version at some point after the game's PC client goes live. The source is an NCsoft earnings call, during which a couple of console-specific statements are made.

The call also mentions beta testing for the upcoming fantasy game. "In March and April there will be large-scale testing for GW2; depending on results of testing a finalized commercialization schedule will be determined. [The] console version will be launched separately from [the] PC [version] at a later date," the fan site reports.

NCsoft also says it will be considering "seasonality factors" when determining "final commercialization" for both Guild Wars 2 and Blade & Soul. Head to Guild Wars Insider for more, including audio of the call.

Yeah, I tried finding it.. I guess I just excel at lazy. :p

Yeah, very weird.. but hey.. I'll try it at least.

well since this is up, here's some thing from
Wartower video highlights why devs love Guild Wars 2

(3 days ago)
Fantasy, Video, Interviews, News items, Guild Wars 2

Wartower, a strong pillar of the German-speaking Guild Wars fanbase, has just put out a video detailing why ArenaNet staff members are so passionate about their upcoming game. The video is made of in-game footage captured from conventions and interviews from each of the 30 developers who were present at Gamescom 2011. Each developer was asked about his or her favorite part of Guild Wars 2; everything from race options and combat mechanics to the story and world content was highlighted as a favorite. It's excellently put together and does a remarkable job of highlighting the devs' love for their game. Follow past the jump to check it out!
Continue Reading

Last edited:
This game looks amazing. Don't mean to be an idiot but will this be an MMO on consoles as well? Does that mean subscription fees? Sorry, I've never played one before.

Guild Wars isn't really a traditional MMO, and it also doesn't have subscription fees. Which most MMOs are moving away from anyway.

Guild Wars has the preferred Free to Play model. In that you buy the actual game once, and all content is unlocked for free with no monthly fee. They release paid expansions, but they don't really nickel and dime you like a lot of current F2P games do.

Really? Most free to play games give you a huge amount of content for free. I would hardly call that nickel and diming.

I guess that's true, but when I compare it to the content of Guild Wars they still feel sort to me. Plus Guild Wars has some of the best PvE out there, imo. DC Online came close but it cuts sort after lvl 30 and becomes to much about raids. Yes, GW lvl cap was 20, but you continued to earn skill points and had plenty of solo content to explore after that point.

Nice, I've never played Guild Wars but I thought II looked really interesting. I'm even more interested in it now.

Thanks for clarifying. I've read a few articles about this game now & it looks like something I can really get into.

Guild Wars isn't really a traditional MMO, and it also doesn't have subscription fees. Which most MMOs are moving away from anyway.

Guild Wars 2 will be more like a traditional MMO. While you had hub area's in the original with only you and 4 hour people in the "outside" world Guild Wars 2 allows hundreds of players in open areas. Personally, I think the original Guild Wars had a great setup and doesn't really need changing but thiis shows alot of promise so I remain open minded about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"