Halo - The Live Action TV Series - By Steven Spielberg

Donut

Avenger
Reaction score
On XBOX One

Last edited:
Smart move by Microsoft. REally excited for this.

I also think that Microsoft should look into non gamer original content similar to what Netflix and Amazon is doing

Um, yea, cos Terra Nova did so well under Mr Spielberg....

I hope it's good, I really do.

We need a fresh perspective. Speilberg even said on a 60 minutes interview for "Lincoln" that he can direct action in his sleep.

As long as they keep focus on action, this should be good. Terra Nova tried to combine a science fiction adventure story with chick-flick BS and family issues melodrama, and as a result did not succeed at any of the above.

I am excited about the series...I lost interest after Reach, but Spielberg's involvement drew me back.

The only thing that interested me about the Xbox One announcement. I don't plan on getting a Xbox One so I hope it has a DVD/Blu-Ray release!

was Forward unto Dawn good? Because Im sure this would be like that except bigger

was Forward unto Dawn good? Because Im sure this would be like that except bigger

It was pretty good for a web-series I thought, started off really slow though.

Neil Blomkamp Directing Halo Pilot

Remember back in the spring during the upfronts when the news broke that Steven Spielberg would be producing a live-action series based on the Halo game universe? The series, which will be available on Xbox Live, will be produced in conjunction with the Halo’s developer 343 Industries. During the Xbox One announcement in Redmond, Washington, Microsoft’s president of entertainment and digital media Nancy Tellem said the following:
“TV on the Xbox One will immerse you, allowing you to virtually jump into the action. It’s truly personalized. It will provide recommendations with amazing precision. It’s truly social. Xbox is about to become the next water cooler. And this is only Act One.”
Spielberg added the following:
“The Halo universe is an amazing opportunity to be at an intersection where technology and myth-making converge.”
You know who is directing the Halo pilot?
According to trusted sources, I’m hearing none other than NEIL BLOMKAMP!

Source: Latino Review

:up::up::eek:
tumblr_inline_mt779daPfo1qfg1u1.gif

Not too interested in Halo anymore but I'll definitely check this out for Blomkamp's involvement.

Wow this looks like its going to be awesome. Too bad I have zero intention on ever buying an Xbox One. If thats the only way we can watch it, well... looks like I'll have to sit it out.

This had my curiosity.

Now it has my attention.

I think they are making a huge mistake if they want to release it on the XboXone. This is the FINALLY-ITS-HERE-AFTER-10-YEARS live action Halo, it deserves a proper release like any other tv show.

Elysium sucked. Hopefully this will turn out ok but my expectations are far lower than they would be if this was coming off of District 9.

They are using Halo to sell Xbox One again, *sigh* hopefully Xbox 360 users also get to see this!

Since I have no immediate plans to buy a X-Bone, I definitely hope 360 users will get to see it too. I don't see why they'd restrict it though.

Since I have no immediate plans to buy a X-Bone, I definitely hope 360 users will get to see it too. I don't see why they'd restrict it though.

To make you buy an X-Bone?

Which they assume you already have, since you like Halo so much... (I don't ):csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"