Halo - The Live Action TV Series - By Steven Spielberg

Should be awesome. We all know he likes the Halo Universe. Can't wait

To make you buy an X-Bone?

Which they assume you already have, since you like Halo so much... (I don't ):csad:
X-Bone is the shortened nickname for the X-Box One. Sometimes it's derisively used. I would not put it past them to make it an exclusive to only those with a One instead of the 360. In order to promote more sales.

I like Halo, but only so much. I'm not going to buy a new $400 or more machine just to play the next one when I haven't finished the previous one or even played any of the spin offs however.

They've been kinda slipping for some time.

I hope they go with the Fall of Reach as a template! That book was awesome!

In Latino Review's defense, the thing in The Wrap story is actually a SEPARATE Halo project. It's a stand alone digital movie. Not the pilot for the series.

Now if Blomkamp doesn't direct the TV show pilot, have at thee ;) .

Microsoft to Shutter Xbox Entertainment Studios
Natalie Jarvey said:
Studio chief Nancy Tellem will remain with the company along with exec vp Jordan Levin and some of the XES team to work on existing projects such as documentary series Signal to Noise and the Steven Spielberg-produced Halo television series. The studio will also continue to work on the upcoming digital series Halo: Nightfall, which will be released as part of a collector's edition of the Halo video game franchise this fall.

Meanwhile, the studio has said that viewers wouldn't get a taste of its scripted fare — including the buzzy Halo drama, which the studio is negotiating for a joint window on Showtime — until 2015.

Have to say I actually kind of enjoyed the first episode.

If we eventualy get a film or tv series, should they take from Fall of Reach and the main trilogy for the plot or should they try making something original set in the extablished universe? In order to get the general public interested, you need to give them a jumping on point, so should they take a stab at adapting the games?

Surely it's a bit dated now. It could only work as a post 9/11 reaction to American militarism being undermined.

I don't know. Will be interesting to see what happens

All these years later, will believe it when I actually see it.

I think a Halo television series or movie at this point is going to underwhelm and disappoint no matter what they do. At its height they could have made some good money but now it does feel like the time has passed or they will give it a budget too low and we'll end up with some kind of poorly executed series that has to reign in anything too expensive (which considering Halo, means it's going to be boring considering it is one long set of action pieces strung together).

'Halo' Live-Action TV Series a Go at Showtime With Kyle Killen
http://ew.com/tv/2018/06/28/halo-tv-series-showtime/
A scripted TV drama series based on Microsoft’s massive Halo video game franchise is finally really happening.
After being mired in development purgatory for five years, Showtime has announced a project greenlight for 10 episodes — plus hired a showunner and a director.
We’re told Halo will dramatize “an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant … Halo will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future.”
Kyle Killen (Awake) will serve as executive producer, writer and showrunner, while Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will direct multiple episodes and also executive produce.
“Halo is our most ambitious series ever, and we expect audiences who have been anticipating it for years to be thoroughly rewarded,” said David Nevins, President and CEO of Showtime. “In the history of television, there simply has never been enough great science fiction. Kyle Killen’s scripts are thrilling, expansive and provocative, Rupert Wyatt is a wonderful, world-building director, and their vision of Halo will enthrall fans of the game while also drawing the uninitiated into a world of complex characters that populate this unique universe.”

SHOWTIME isn't messing around this week. First announcing Russell Crowe will star in a limited series and now HALO?

God how are they going to afford this? If it was animated sure but the needler only would be expensive I reckon

Yeah this is HBO cheddar right here.

BY LAURA PRUDOM Master Chief will be "a lead character" in Showtime's upcoming Halo TV series, Showtime's President of Programming Gary Levine told IGN, although he won't be the only protagonist in the series.

The series is such an "enormous undertaking," Levine said, the premium cable network is aiming to air the series in 2020, and confirmed that the series will take place in "multiple locations" on "foreign planets," meaning that they'll likely shoot on a studio backlot rather than on location.

During Showtime's panel at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, Levine and Showtime President and CEO David Nevins shed some light on the hotly-anticipated adaptation, which they declined to call their attempt at replicating the success of Game of Thrones.

"It is a very different genre, it’s futuristic, space-based science-fiction, it’s not fantasy," Nevins pointed out. "It took us a long time to get the script but we felt like we had something that was really interesting and felt like it belonged on Showtime in terms of its character depth, and it’s gonna be a big show."

"We made a conscious decision to hire a writer not known for sci-fi and not known for big battle movies, because that’s already baked into the Halo franchise and we will service that, but we also wanted to ensure that we were getting beneath the formidable armor of the Spartans and really getting inside the team drama so it felt like it belonged on Showtime," Levine added. "As David said, our hopes and dreams are that it will have enormous appeal to Halo fans and will also appeal to Showtime drama fans."

As for the difficulty of having a lead character whose face you never see, Levine admitted that that aspect of Master Chief's character "is a key question and an important part of our series, is all I’ll say."

When asked if the show would tell an original story or draw from the existing source material, Levine said, "It is a new story but we are being incredibly respectful of the canon and working with the Microsoft 343 people to be sure we don’t violate any of that."

Kyle Killen (Awake) will write and serve as showrunner, with Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt helming multiple episodes in the 10-episode first season. The show has not yet started production, but Nevins confirmed he's read scripts and feels that Killen has created a "brilliant, expansive world" that will position Halo as Showtime's "most ambitious series ever."

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/08/06/showtime-halo-tv-series-master-chief-lead-character

Yay for Master Chief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"