Halo - The Live Action TV Series - By Steven Spielberg

I really like the opening credits even though it would be cool with the classic theme but still dope.

I also like the score so far.

Finished the second episode and I thought it was better then the first. Soren is a cool character and like some have said they’re handling the world building pretty well. I also thought the special effects were better in this episode. So really enjoying this series so far.

Is this on any UK streaming service?

Ok this was my favorite episode so far. Seeing the origin of Cortana was dope though it was also kinda dark. Looking forward to seeing the beginnings of their friendship progress throughout the series and become that iconic relationship from the games.

I am loving that they are humanizing Chief and loved the character development of him this episode and this show so far. Makee is an Interesting antagonist. Halsey is such a fascinating character so far and I find her and Chiefs relationship too be great.

Soren and Kwan have a fun dynamic together and I can't wait to see their how adventure to Madrigal plays out which it seems like the show is building to another big battle there but I'm wondering if the season will end with the fall of reach. I would like to meet some other Spartans before that happens and see more development of Sliver team. overall though a very good episode and this show gets better each week for me.

Also again the vfx continues too get better because I thought that opening was great. This show is kinda hardcore and I didn’t expect that but it’s welcome.

Last edited:
Also was *** Chief really necessary lol. Had flashbacks to BvS UC.

Ok this was my favorite episode so far. Seeing the origin of Cortana was dope though it was also kinda dark. Looking forward to seeing the beginnings of their friendship progress throughout the series and become that iconic relationship from the games.

I am loving that they are humanizing Chief and loved the character development of him this episode and this show so far. Makee is an Interesting antagonist. Halsey is such a fascinating character so far and I find her and Chiefs relationship too be great.

Soren and Kwan have a fun dynamic together and I can't wait to see their how adventure to Madrigal plays out which it seems like the show is building to another big battle there but I'm wondering if the season will end with the fall of reach. I would like to meet some other Spartans before that happens and see more development of Sliver team. overall though a very good episode and this show gets better each week for me.

Also again the vfx continues too get better because I thought that opening was great. This show is kinda hardcore and I didn’t expect that but it’s welcome.

With each episode, I'm thinking Pablo Schreiber might just be a perfect casting for MC. Displayed exactly the right amount and type of emotions when he went on that walk. Nothing overblown, just wonderment and observation.

With each episode, I'm thinking Pablo Schreiber might just be a perfect casting for MC. Displayed exactly the right amount and type of emotions when he went on that walk. Nothing overblown, just wonderment and observation.
That was a great scene he is definitely bringing some extra layers to Chief and we’re also seeing his humorous side with his interactions with Cortana but yeah Pablo is doing pretty good so far.

Another enjoyable episode and my god did was that Cortana scene unsettling. I am liking this iteration of her character so far, but man was that dark and actually kind of gruesome.

Most people might not like how much they humanized Master Chief or the slower pacing of these recent episodes, but I'm engaged to the point where I just want to know so much more about this world.

Pablo Schrieber is really flexing his dramatic acting chops too and, in that regard, I do think he was perfect casting for this more emotionally vulnerable and complex version of Master Chief.

Another good episode. I agree; the Cortana stuff was downright disturbing. It’s also kinda freaky to be MC and realize that this entity is with you at ALL times. Yeesh.

Also, after that prologue it’s easy to see why the human villain is helping the Covenant. Is any of that stuff from the games or is that an invention of the show?

Another good episode. I agree; the Cortana stuff was downright disturbing. It’s also kinda freaky to be MC and realize that this entity is with you at ALL times. Yeesh.

Also, after that prologue it’s easy to see why the human villain is helping the Covenant. Is any of that stuff from the games or is that an invention of the show?
Makee is a show invention I think. Unless she’s from the novels but definitely not in the games.

Annoying that this isn’t available in the UK yet.

Annoying that this isn’t available in the UK yet.
I think there’s going to be a UK rollout of Paramount Plus in the summer I think. Yeah it doesn’t make sense when everybody could’ve got P+ at launch or at least when Halo premiered and opened it to more markets.

I think there’s going to be a UK rollout of Paramount Plus in the summer I think. Yeah it doesn’t make sense when everybody could’ve got P+ at launch or at least when Halo premiered and opened it to more markets.
Thanks. Too many different streaming services these day, although I imagine I’ll unsubscribe after watching this unless there’s a lot of other good content on there.

Thanks. Too many different streaming services these day, although I imagine I’ll unsubscribe after watching this unless there’s a lot of other good content on there.
All good. I only subscribe for Star Trek and Halo lol.

Finally caught up on Ep 2 and yeah, really enjoying the pacing of this show too. TBH feels silly how many people complained about it feeling too different from the games because so far, I can feel all the right pieces and characters being set up in familiar but different ways. Like you can feel Chief's journey starting that will inevitably lead him to walk his own path as the hero of Earth, not just the UNSC. Characters like Miranda Keyes are clearly being set up to be the eventual new generation of the UNSC, once the Halo ring starts kicking off etc.

Also there are aspects of the series that feel reaaaaally Mass Effect to me, in a good way. There are shades of grey to so many characters, characters who are supposedly good guys you instinctively do not trust, characters you feel you shouldn't trust (like Halsey) who for some reason are still compelling? Definitely invested in seeing which way things go.

Also agree that the VFX are much better in Ep 2. I'm telling you, it's all the lighting haha. Their CGI (and Spartan suits) just looks bad in broad daylight. But some moody ship lighting and it all looks great haha

Love the callback to episode 2 to the conversation between Chief and Kwan when John is explaining slipspace all emotionless to her and she tells him he’s ruining it.

Now John experiencing the same thing without the inhibitor chip controlling his emotions and feeling it from the fist time and tells Cortana the same thing was a cool moment.

I thought it was alright episode, but it felt like mostly build-up for Halsey's character which definitely added a nice bit of dread and tension IMO, but I'm hoping it really pays off in the end.

They are really taking their time with John though and him going on his own emotional journey which at this point I can sort of understand why some people would find off putting or tedious, but it's such a different change of pace for a show like this and so far, I'm still very much engaged by it.

Yeah this was an ok episode. I liked the Soren and Kwan stuff and Chief remembering his past. Glad to get at least some development with one of Sliver team and with Miranda Keys too.

Definitely looking forward to more on the relationship with Halsey, Miranda and also Jacob as well because we really haven’t gotten to know his character too so I want know what the deal with their family dynamic or lack thereof.

Also really liking the new main theme for the show. It doesn’t beat the classic but still cool and I mean they still incorporated the classic main theme so it’s all good.

Last edited:
Kai talking in awe of the Covenant weapons was definitely the highlight of the episode. :funny:

I haven't really cared for the Kwan Ha storyline that much but if she's somehow connected to Forerunners via the mystics or something, that might increase interest.

Last edited:
Yeah, loved this episode. Also really love Cortana so far too. Hearing Jen Taylor's voice is absolute perfection, and enjoy the small empathetic glances we see here and there. Can feel it really building to her ending up choosing John over Halsey.

Like how in one episode Kai has gone from a generic background Spartan to one of the more interesting characters too.

So far Kwan Ha is the weak link for me. She's fine, but I've never been a fan of the headstrong character who predictably walks into danger, because we know they're gonna keep doing it until they've learned their "lesson". But having Soren there to help lifts the whole arc in a major way, so I haven't tuned out of it yet.

Overall, I'm still genuinely surprised at the quality of the storytelling. 4 Eps in and the narrative feels far more personal and emotional than I think I would've guessed. That said, I think it's at the point in the series where we need to start seeing the stakes get raised. I want to see Chief challenged a bit more, and Ep 5 would be a perfect time for the Covenant to land a heavy strike against Reach.

I'm sure we'll get the Fall of Reach from Chief's perspective but they should absolutely make a miniseries in between this and the next season to see Reach from Noble 6's point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"