Halo - The Live Action TV Series - By Steven Spielberg

"Do you ever wonder why.." If that isn't a Red vs Blue reference, then it has to be a game reference.

Edit: checked and yes, not word for word but very Red vs Blue type of conversation. :funny:

Last edited:
Yeah I thought the cgi in the battle was pretty good but didn’t notice because I was in the moment and just immersed. I just finished watching a second time and still didn’t notice.

I didn't notice because I don't really pay attention to those kind of things. I was "enjoying the scope of things".

The CG quality has been somewhat hit and miss throughout the show so far. And watching a big-budget studio show like this with unfinished shots of CG is disappointing.

The CG quality has been somewhat hit and miss throughout the show so far. And watching a big-budget studio show like this with unfinished shots of CG is disappointing.

After everything awesome that went down in that fight, some unfinished CGI, which I didn't even notice, is not really something I feel like complaining about. :funny:

With Makee on Reach and the other keystone being there it’s looking more likely that the Fall of Reach will happen in the finale.

It's a bit nonsensical/unimportant criticism. 99/100 people wouldn't notice things like that. :funny:
Well the reason I am in here is because it's all over social media. So people noticed. Again though, what's the point? Someone pointing out an issue isn't someone being super demanding. The only reason this argument even went pass the first post is your insistence it was too insignificant to notice and then placing the blame on people for noticing it.

I'm not even saying it's a big deal. Though this pattern of pour production seems to plague this show. But your reaction to any criticism on this show is more inline with entitlement then someone pointing out a pretty obvious error.

It's a bit nonsensical/unimportant criticism. 99/100 people wouldn't notice things like that. :funny:
Keep it clean in here. Discuss the show, not your views of other posters. Mocking them or your opinions crosses into flaming and trolling. Do it again and you'll have a problem with me.

Well the reason I am in here is because it's all over social media. So people noticed. Again though, what's the point? Someone pointing out an issue isn't someone being super demanding. The only reason this argument even went pass the first post is your insistence it was too insignificant to notice and then placing the blame on people for noticing it.

I'm not even saying it's a big deal. Though this pattern of pour production seems to plague this show. But your reaction to any criticism on this show is more inline with entitlement then someone pointing out a pretty obvious error.

Well it's not like it has "that" big a of a budget compared to Stranger Things (new season 30 million/episode) or the GOT spin off (20 million per episode).

Considering what a ****show it has been to get this show getting made, I'm just glad it hasn't sucked. So in case it wasn't clear, I have a very low bar set for this with it's history. Anything that isn't ****, is already a win for me. :grin:

Keep it clean in here. Discuss the show, not your views of other posters. Mocking them or your opinions crosses into flaming and trolling. Do it again and you'll have a problem with me.

I wasn't being that serious, hence the laugh emoji.

My brother, a BIG Halo fan, ONLY really hates the Kwan subplot and thinks them spending TOO much time humanizing Master Chief and Kai is just dumb while also thinking that so many characters are unlikable lol

My brother, a BIG Halo fan, ONLY really hates the Kwan subplot and thinks them spending TOO much time humanizing Master Chief and Kai is just dumb while also thinking that so many characters are unlikable lol
Okay, I honestly can't tell if your bro is enjoying it or not. Is he?

I've been trying to get my brother watch it. We both love Halo, and while I'm up for it, he's really against it. Everything he hears, from how little it apparently has in common with the games to Chief having his helmet off all the time, just really bothers him.

Well it's not like it has "that" big a of a budget compared to Stranger Things (new season 30 million/episode) or the GOT spin off (20 million per episode).

Considering what a ****show it has been to get this show getting made, I'm just glad it hasn't sucked. So in case it wasn't clear, I have a very low bar set for this with it's history. Anything that isn't ****, is already a win for me. :grin:
Your bar and what you look for is definitely up to you. As one who loves the two live action Star Wars shows, I myself point out the production issues, because I care about stuff like that. But that is the thing. Everyone is entitled to their own bar. There is no need to dismiss it. If they don't matter to you as you say, then others pointing it diminishes nothing for you.

Okay, I honestly can't tell if your bro is enjoying it or not. Is he?

I've been trying to get my brother watch it. We both love Halo, and while I'm up for it, he's really against it. Everything he hears, from how little it apparently has in common with the games to Chief having his helmet off all the time, just really bothers him.

He's on the fence, he loves how the action does take him back to the games, the helmet thing he is whatever about, he's just the type that wants more action and less touchy feely "Master Chief has feelings" stuff. He absolutely HATES Kwan though and would probably enjoy the show way more if she was killed off haha.

I personally dont think it deviates THAT much from the games, it keeps a lot of the core story while making it more interesting for the general audience instead of teenagers who chug mountain dew.

Last edited:
He's on the fence, he loves how the action does take him back to the games, the helmet thing he is whatever about, he's just the type that wants more action and less touchy feely "Master Chief has feelings" stuff. He absolutely HATES Kwan though and would probably enjoy the show way more if she was killed off haha.

I personally dont think it deviates THAT much from the games, it keeps a lot of the core story while making it more interesting for the general audience instead of teenagers who chug mountain dew.

Most of the Halo fandom seems a bit mixed about it. Granted, not a big Halo fan or player, but Kwan Ha was a major issue for me by focusing so much of the first two episodes on her.

I think the action is well done for the most part, and some of the concepts and sequences do look good. Thus far, Bokeem Woodbine was my favorite performer in the show as Soren.

Most of the Halo fandom seems a bit mixed about it. Granted, not a big Halo fan or player, but Kwan Ha was a major issue for me by focusing so much of the first two episodes on her.

I think the action is well done for the most part, and some of the concepts and sequences do look good. Thus far, Bokeem Woodbine was my favorite performer in the show as Soren.

I agree with my brother on Kwan but I generally like the show's handling of Chief and the other Spartans. Bokeem Woodbine is definitely awesome and it sucks he's saddled with the Kwan sub plot.

With Makee on Reach and the other keystone being there it’s looking more likely that the Fall of Reach will happen in the finale.

Based on the promo for this week's episode, it seems they're setting it up and I think it will happen in episodes 7 and/or 8. I still think we'll see the ring in the season finale.

Last edited:
Based on the promo for this week's episode, it seems they're setting it up and I think it will happen is episodes 7 and 8. I still think we'll see the ring in the season finale.
Most definitely. I just wish we got to know at least some of the citizens and other Spartans before it happens so it’ll fell even more tragic but we still have four episodes left so we’ll see.

Browsing the YT comments sections on some the most popular videos, they seem to have some really unrealistic expectations for this show, like hoping every episode would be like the end of episode 5. The CGI budget on something like that would make it far more expensive than the LOTR prequel series.

Like I said, I had low expectations for this show but they've cleared those hurdles much better than I anticipated. I guess "treating it with respect" would be appropriate definition. Treating it as a real show/universe, not just a simple video game port with lots of CGI, one liners and no depth to the characters.

Most definitely. I just wish we got to know at least some of the citizens and other Spartans before it happens so it’ll fell even more tragic but we still have four episodes left so we’ll see.

I 'm hoping the survivors leave in episode 8 (on Pillar Of Autumn) and it ends with them finding the location of the ring so we could see them land on it. Because I know that seeing the ring and hearing the full Halo theme would the best tease for season 2.

Last edited:
Loved the battle in the last episode. I didn’t notice the CGI or audio issues, but that’s just me. So far, I’m liking most of the characters and the storyline. They need to do a better makeup job with Bokeen Woodbine’s mangled arm though. Either make it look more realistic or just cover it up.

Also, I’m totally shipping Kai and Miranda.

No action, no Kwan Ha but still an intense episode. And finally a glimpse of Halo. I admit, I got some goosebumps at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"