Halo - The Live Action TV Series - By Steven Spielberg

That scene between Miranda and Halsey was good. The whole “family is a concept I don’t believe in” that line gives you insight into Halsey’s background right there and I felt like she was being honest with her daughter in that moment but then also manipulative. Cold and honest at the same time.

That scene between Miranda and Halsey was good. The whole “family is a concept I don’t believe in” that line gives you insight into Halsey’s background right there and I felt like she was being honest with her daughter in that moment but then also manipulative. Cold and honest at the same time.

i think she might have Asperger's syndrome. Would explain the scientific brilliance and the failure's in human relations.

i think she might have Asperger's syndrome. Would explain the scientific brilliance and the failure's in human relations.
I don’t know anything about Asperger’s syndrome but maybe.

Think of Greta Thunberg. Single minded focus on something, not very good with social situations.
Oh ok I seen that UN video so I’ve heard of her. Yeah I can see it now

Despite the lack of onscreen action, I really loved the pacing of this latest episode. Tense from start to finish and the brief glimpse of Halo at the end was really well done.

It's easily the best thing Johnathan Liebesman has directed in a very long time which I know isn't saying much if you actually look at his filmography.

And it only took six episodes to get to the title.

And it only took six episodes to get to the title.

On the other hand, the longer it takes to get to the ring, the longer the show can run. Because you really don't want tell the story of the first game in season 1 and then stick to later games where it would get really messy and confusing. For example, I think it's safe to say that they'll save The Flood for season 2 and I'm fine with that.

On the other hand, the longer it takes to get to the ring, the longer the show can run. Because you really don't want tell the story of the first game in season 1 and then stick to later games where it would get really messy and confusing. For example, I think it's safe to say that they'll save The Flood for season 2 and I'm fine with that.
I didn't think they had to get to the ring the first episode but we're 2/3rds through the season and only just glimpsed it. They also have made it very clear this is a different timeline and therefore it can go whever it wants, whenever it wants. There are plenty of Halos in the universe for them to go to after all and they can spend an entire season on a ring or more if they wanted to.

I didn't think they had to get to the ring the first episode but we're 2/3rds through the season and only just glimpsed it. They also have made it very clear this is a different timeline and therefore it can go whever it wants, whenever it wants. There are plenty of Halos in the universe for them to go to after all and they can spend an entire season on a ring or more if they wanted to.

Considering the project of this size can't be made just for the fans but also the general audience, it's expected they spend time setting up the universe and developing the characters. They've certainly taken their time and I think it's all building up toward the season finale.

This episode confirmed that Halsey is, indeed, bad at love. :rimshot:

Really hope we are done with Kwan Ha cause I didn't give a single damn about this episode focused on her subplot.

I could only stomach 15 minutes of the episode. I'm enjoying the show, but every time they cut to Kwan, it kills it for me. Now we have an entire episode devoted to her? I couldn't do it. Is there anything in this episode that I absolutely need to see, or can I just skip it entirely?

The episode wasn't as bad as I feared, there was good action at the end. Plus we got to see Guilty Spark/Monitor. Her family has some connection to the Forerunners, as I speculated.

I could only stomach 15 minutes of the episode. I'm enjoying the show, but every time they cut to Kwan, it kills it for me. Now we have an entire episode devoted to her? I couldn't do it. Is there anything in this episode that I absolutely need to see, or can I just skip it entirely?

Unless the macguffin in the episode has anything to do with the main story, no.

An entire episode with nothing to do with the Master Chief or the purpose of the series except of course she totally is somehow connected to the Forerunner technology they will tease until the final moments of the last episode. At least it's already renewed for a second season.

So with 9 episodes this season I will finally be able to check this show out soon.

I can get a 7 day free trial for Paramount+ so I've been waiting until I can watch the whole thing in that 7 days.
The monthly subscription is fairly cheap, but looking at the content for Paramount+ there isn't much else there for me.

This last episode was the weakest. I think people are being a bit too hard on Kwan Ha but I have to admit that I didn’t need a whole episode that centered on her storyline. It’s less to do with her as a character and more to do with Madrigal itself not being that interesting. I think what bugged me the most is that the show followed that annoying trope of taking a complete detour from the main storyline right when we got to the big, inciting moment (in this case, the Halo). I’ve seen so many shows do this and it’s frustrating.

That said, I did enjoyed the battle at the end and at least Vinsher and his Jeep Cherokees got blown to ****. Now, let’s get back to the more interesting stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"