• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 How can they do the Symbiote storyline justice in Webbs franchise?

Naite22

Superhero
Reaction score
... And how should it come in to play?

Personally, I think that the symbiote storyline would be fitting to throw in right after the death of Gwen, when Peter is in a very emotionally unstable state. I so can't wait to see how Andrew Garfield will portray this whole thing! After the poorly executed direction of the symbiote storyline in "SM3" we all know that it deserves a serious treatment. I'd love to see a whole film with Peter just battling it out with the symbiote attached to him. Seeing him go through all the struggles and all that. It could be so damn interesting and take the spidey movies to places where non of the others ever went. I see it so clear in my mind :-)

I would prefer the Black Suit show up halfway in part three and have him not realize the effect it is having on him til the fourth film. Oh and not having Venom in it for 5 minutes would be nice.

I don't see it necessary for Peter to have the Sym to create Venom...and Brock should already be introduced, not necessary as one of Peter's circle of friends; but, as someone Peter is quite familiar with...4yrs his elder.

The locker is a good place to start.

I think using the symbiote to defeat the Sinister 6 would be the best way to go, then have the next film be Spidey vs. Venom.

That's in a world where you have to use it. I honestly don't think Webb's franchise requires the symbiote at all. Especially since they'll have S6 in ASM4 already.

It should come from outer space and Spidey should get it from rescusing a shuttle that contains it.

It should look alive and not like his standard cstume just dyed black.

It should make him angry and vicious not derpy and dancy.

It should give him organic webs on the back of his hand and perhaps give him new powers to make it seem more Alien.

It should in one scene control his body against his will.

Imo

In ASM2 Flash should go to War.

The Symbiote should debut in ASM3 with Spidey rescuing the shuttle bringing it to Earth, it should bond to him and slightly changing his attitude. The end credits scene of ASM3 should show Flash losing his legs in the War.

In ASM4 it should change him and at one point control him against his will causing him to abandon it at a Science Facility.

In an after-credit sequence the Symbiote will be at a military facility, a colonel should comment on it being a usable weapon with the camera turning to Flash Thompson with the Colonel asking him if he's willing to serve his country once again.

Then finally an Agent Venom movie continuing on from the setup in the ASM movies with a guest appearance from Spider-Man fighting Venom in New York when Flash loses control during a mission and flash dating Betty Brant of the DB who works with Peter

Last edited:
I think using the symbiote to defeat the Sinister 6 would be the best way to go, then have the next film be Spidey vs. Venom.

That's in a world where you have to use it. I honestly don't think Webb's franchise requires the symbiote at all. Especially since they'll have S6 in ASM4 already.

By the time the Sinister 6 is established, the Webbiverse will be over and so will Andrew Garfield be as Spider-Man.

I'm on board for the white patch on his hand with the organic webbing. Conveniences are appealing, even for Spider-Man.

The symbiote should be a cure for cancer that the Parkers and Brocks were developing. Something comissioned by Norman Osborn, in the interest of saving his failing health.

Eddie Brock is working as a journalist overseas where the US is engaged in a country that unleashed chemical weaponry. Eddie sees that some of the weaponry was provided by OsCorp, and that the weapons are being delivered to thugs working for a crime boss based in New York (either Black Tarantula, Silver Mane, or whoever you like). The thugs are in turn selling them to both sides of the conflict. The US is aware, but hasn't intervened because it would be against their interests. They're too busy going after the head-honcho, at the cost of civilian lives. Eddie returns to the states with this evidence, and works with Peter to get into OsCorp.

Eddie gathers evidence condemning OsCorp. Meanwhile Peter, in the black suite, is fighting a city-wide gangland war against the Sinister Six: super-powered gang lords trying to carve out their place in the underworld. Peter is forced to strike a deal with one of the Six in order to stand a chance against the other five. Eddie sees Spider-Man meeting with this member of the S6 and feels as if his crusade has been worthless.

Peter is forced to shed the black suite, which promptly seeks out Eddie Brock (recognizing his DNA or something like that) and merges with him. The suite attacks his central nervous system, and tempts him with the power to avenge New York's smoldering corpse (in the aftermath of the S6 war). Thus Venom commits several violent, brutal murders related to the people he percieves as having a hand in the S6/overseas attacks.

Peter is recovering from the black suite; it provided him a temporary burst of strength/power, and left him drained and weak afterward. Thus a mentally and physically exhausted Spider-Man must battle Venom, a zealot unable to come to terms with the fact that the world doesn't work on a black and white scale of morality.

I think using Brock would be a mistake as to do it right you'd have to copy scenes from SM3 like him working at the Bugle, him getting the symbiote at the Chursh ect..

It'll be one of those 'too soon' cases like people went on and on about with the ASM reboot coming only 5 years from the last SM movie.

(though i bet people won't constantly bring that up with Batman being rebooted only three years afterhis last movie)

I think using Brock would be a mistake as to do it right you'd have to copy scenes from SM3 like him working at the Bugle, him getting the symbiote at the Chursh ect..

It'll be one of those 'too soon' cases like people went on and on about with the ASM reboot coming only 5 years from the last SM movie.

(though i bet people won't constantly bring that up with Batman being rebooted only three years afterhis last movie)

He doesn't have to work at the Bugle or get the symbiote at the church.

when and if he ever gets the symbiote i think i would cry if when it shows him with it for the first time it has the same theme as SM3 it went like this: du du du du dun dunnnnn

My word. Seriously? There's a "Venom" thread. A "Venom/Eddie Brock" thread. And now this thread?

I think I've expressed my thoughts on a Marc Webb Venom about a dozen times now.

Black Costume in 3

Venom appears in his own spin-off.

I agree with a black suit in the third part... you know.. Norman's Goblin vs Spidey's Black suit... It could work. :D

Agreed. This would be perfect!

1) Symbiote found in space many years ago by NASA.
2) Symbiote taken many years ago to Oscorp to study it.
3) Peter's parents and/or someone from Oscorp were working on it.
4) Peter finds the symbiote, bonds.

Not a bad idea.

I like Venom as a character and would like to see him done again at some point. He also works well when Spider-Man has web shooters. Venom is a lure. The cheat code temptation of organic webbing and increased strength.

The parents storyline is a perfect setup for Venom if they want to go the Venom route.

Too soon.

Unfortunately the novelty of the Venom origin has been fully depleted.

If you can't skip the Venom origin the character may have to wait until ASM6 (in 2020) or possibly the next reboot.

They could explain the symbiote as a jacked up macrophage that was created to cause subtle mutations in the body's macrophages that would allow them to specifically target cancerous cells.

Too soon.

If you can't skip the Venom origin the character may have to wait until ASM6 (in 2020) or possibly the next reboot.

That's not entirely true, but I understand why you feel that way.

Too soon.

No...

So you're going to have a movie where an alien latches onto Parker's black costume, turns him evil, jumps to another host who hates Parker and audiences won't be complaining about repeating Raimi?

Did you guys already forget how much people cried about the re-done origin story in ASM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"