• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Life after 'The Amazing Spider-Man'....Your thoughts on the trilogy

thebatsam

Maverick
Reaction score
Thought this might be a fun idea for a thread
Since we know the main characters and villains of the film (Gwen Stacy and Lizard) it seems to have a ver Silver Age feel to it all. It's also pretty obvious it's going to be a trilogy of films so the story won't stop after film number 1.

What do you want to see over the 3 films? perhaps you have some actual ideas for the plot points and villains? Would love to hear a few...

My idea would be that the death of Gwen Stacy is a must. Should be done at the end of the second film. I personally would have the symbiote storyline in the trilogy as well. Had an idea of the 'Promethium X' (ala TAS) having come from space and is well sought after in the criminal world. In comes the Green Goblin who thinks this would give Oscorp the upper hand in the world of technology.

Just some ideas, obviously not very fleshed out, but I would like to see the symbiote storyline done well on film.

Nice idea :up:
but I think this thread should be moved to the sequels board

don't want Doc Ock in any sequel tbh. Green Goblin definitely should be in Spider-Man 2 imo, killing off Gwen. So, if we'd have Doc Ock in the trilogy as well, we would have a trilogy with only one unused villain. I don't want Venom anywhere near this.

My pick for the trilogy:

ASM: The Lizard
ASM2: Green Goblin & Chameleon
ASM3: Mysterio & Scorpion

My idea:

So, the first movie wouldn't exactly be tied up too much to the rest of the trilogy, it would just introduce most of the main characters, have a few little cameos (Norman Osborn), and most importantly, even thou it's a part of a trilogy it would be a great full feeling movie on it's own as well

The second movie would introduce some very important characters like Eddie Brock, Jameson, some crime bosses, and last but not the least: the Green Goblin! The movie would revolve around the promethium x and every crime boss trying to get a hold of it, but then the Goblin would come and mix everything up. He would be after the promethium x too, but not because he wants to use it, he just wants because everyone else does :D and what nobody knows: Before the promethium x was found, it had a symbiote inside it which broke free, and tries to search for a perfect host. In the end of the film the Green Goblin kills Gwen Stacy, Goblin tries to kill Spiderman but kills himself and so on. At the very end of the movie, Peter is angry and furious, the symbiote somehow finds Peter, senses his anger, and then a cliffhanger: the Symbiote would get a hold of Peter *screen goes black*

The Third movie would begin with Peter instantly having the black suit. And that's how there would be enough time for Venom in the movie. Does Venom really need so much screen time that they would have to make a fourth movie where Eddie would be Venom from the beginning to the end? No! In TAS he was done justice in a 20 minute episode.

Anyway, those are all my ideas I have right now

don't want Doc Ock in any sequel tbh. Green Goblin definitely should be in Spider-Man 2 imo, killing off Gwen. So, if we'd have Doc Ock in the trilogy as well, we would have a trilogy with only one unused villain. I don't want Venom anywhere near this.

My pick for the trilogy:

ASM: The Lizard
ASM2: Green Goblin & Chameleon
ASM3: Mysterio & Scorpion

Cool villain choices, but I don't think that Mysterio & Scorpion could top a properly done Green Goblin. So, if the second movie would have the Green Goblin, I would chose Venom for the last one. But, if Venom shouldn't be used, I would definitely want Green Goblin saved for the last movie

Cool villain choices, but I don't think that Mysterio & Scorpion could top a properly done Green Goblin. So, if the second movie would have the Green Goblin, I would chose Venom for the last one. But, if Venom shouldn't be used, I would definitely want Green Goblin saved for the last movie

Well, Mysterio and Scorpion (they should not team up btw, that would be lame) would fit extremely well together in a movie about the public vs. Spider-Man, which I'd love to see.

Also, you could compare it to having Joker in TDK. Maybe Bane won't be able to top Joker in TDKR, but the overall story and plot maybe will. Same goes for Green Goblin vs. Mysterio & Scorpion.

And, I don't want this trilogy to end in the tragedy of the death of Gwen. Therefore, I think Green Goblin should kill her in the second one, and then have Mary Jane being the main female character in ASM3. I want a properly done MJ this time.

I'd much rather see Mysterio, Scorpion, Doc Ock, Kraven, Electro, Shocker, Chameleon, even Vulture etc. before Venom. The whole symbiote story has been done already. Venom doesn't need more spotlight.

Well, Mysterio and Scorpion (they should not team up btw, that would be lame) would fit extremely well together in a movie about the public vs. Spider-Man, which I'd love to see.

Also, you could compare it to having Joker in TDK. Maybe Bane won't be able to top Joker in TDKR, but the overall story and plot maybe will. Same goes for Green Goblin vs. Mysterio & Scorpion.

And, I don't want this trilogy to end in the tragedy of the death of Gwen. Therefore, I think Green Goblin should kill her in the second one, and then have Mary Jane being the main female character in ASM3. I want a properly done MJ this time.

I'd much rather see Mysterio, Scorpion, Doc Ock, Kraven, Electro, Shocker, Chameleon, even Vulture etc. before Venom. The whole symbiote story has been done already. Venom doesn't need more spotlight.

hmm... I didn't think it that way, I guess you're right! And yeah, I understand perfectly why you don't want Venom, he has been around way too much. But from what I have heard, Sony does want to put Venom in the reboot series and also, they still want Venom to have a spinoff

What if ASM 2&3 are filmed back to back and the cliffhanger of 2 is Green Goblin on the bridge with Gwen?

I've always thought if they were going to do it the cliffhanger way having Goblin throw gwen off the bridge, and Spider-Man 'saving' her with his web, then when he holds her on the bridge he knows she's not breathing. this should be the very last scene:

Gwen_Stacy_cover.jpg

I think he should be like 'please wake up, please' then bLACK. The credits roll, leaving the audience to think 'is she dead or still alive?' oh and the goblin's laugh should be over the beggining of the credits.

cliffhanger or not Gwen should not be killed off till the end of 2. IMO.

I'm sure that this is going to be longer movie series than just 3 movies. They were about to make Spider-Man 4 so this time we can have maybe 6 movies. It depends how much money they make. I want Green Goblin to be part of this series because she killed Gwen in comics. Hammerhead could be a great villian in one movie. Not as the main villian but as the head of NY mafia.

I don't want ASM2 to end in a cliffhanger like that, in the battle. I think both Gwen and Norman should die by the end of ASM2.

There's no way this is going to be just a trilogy. I also think 5 to 6 movies is what we'll get providing each one is a success (don't know if all of them will have the same director tho) but this is what id do in a nutshell.

Goblin in the 2nd, killing Gwen, maybe a quick cameo by Eddie Brock. Third movie a full on Spidey/Venom film. This is where we get to see Mary Jane and Peter begin their relationship. You COULD (dont have to) drop Cletus Kasady's name in this one. The fourth film i'd bring Carnage in, man they could make this along the lines of a horror flick. Im a sucker for Carnage so id love to see this be the follow up to the 3rd...Venom can be involved in this as well in a minor capacity.

Now once the first four films are a lock and the symbiote story is complete i would love a couple of more movies at the most where we can get a good Dr. Octopus/Spidey movie (maybe save that for last) and a more crime type film involving Kraven and a couple of others in the film before it.

Im not sure if i wanna see Mysterio, Electro, Sandman, Vulture, Rhino. It would have to be done EXTREMELY well for me to get excited about it. But ill take whatever i get i guess! Curious to see what they do but this is what i would go for

There's no way this is going to be just a trilogy. I also think 5 to 6 movies is what we'll get providing each one is a success (don't know if all of them will have the same director tho) but this is what id do in a nutshell.

Goblin in the 2nd, killing Gwen, maybe a quick cameo by Eddie Brock. Third movie a full on Spidey/Venom film.
Spider-Man 3 with black suit/Venom story again? General audience and people who don't read comics would be like: "wtf! same story again?."

I want Scorpion to be villian in one of the movies
Scorpion.gif

Last edited:
Well I just have a feeling theyre going to want to tackle Eddie Brock after the Goblin. but lets say ur right..and they're not keen on "another Spiderman 3 with the black suit/venom" & they hold it off. A third movie with Scorpion and Kraven would be amazing. Introduce Eddie Brock in the movie and tease the symbiote at the end. Do everything i said but move Venom/Spidey to film #4. With Carnage in 5 and Doc Ock in 6. Might work even better.

Leave Eddie Brock and Venom out of this Sony, please!!! The kids got their Venom in SM3 already :( Let some more worthy villains have some of the spotlight too.

Unless Marvel would somehow get the rights back if Sony stopped at a trilogy, I'd want a 6 film series for ASM.

We'd retread some villains Goblin, Ock & Venom for instance since they're Spidey's biggest enemies. But hopefully Sony/Webb will space those villains out with newer ones.

For instance, we could see Goblin in the sequel & then Ock in the fourth movie.

in the 2nd movie gg should appear and kill gwen, and in the 3rd black suit appears, he kills gg with the symbiote... in the final he realises he killed and take it off, in the final movie venom...

It's really to early to even comment on this, IMO.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I can't think of what we're getting after it until I know what we're getting in it. I imagine the tone of the film and direction would help me in this.

I just hope the third doesnt turn out like its predecessor

For me

ASM-The Lizard
ASM2-Electro and Mysterio
ASM3-Death of Gwen Stacy

Ideas, I hope Norman knows, but acts like he doesn't know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, when Spidey knows who the Goblin is that's only cause the Goblin with no split personality lets him know, and surprise him with calling him Peter, but without: "I'm going after the ones you love"
That's for Spider-Man 3

For SSM (that how I imagine movie 2 would be titled) I hope 2 Mysterio's would be there, try to make them threats, with little corn
I personally would have the symbiote storyline in the trilogy as well. Had an idea of the 'Promethium X' (ala TAS) having come from space and is well sought after in the criminal world. In comes the Green Goblin who thinks this would give Oscorp the upper hand in the world of technology.
It could be nice, but I really hope they don't do the stupid thing they did in that cartoon, the symbiote just going on the astronauts uniforms only and magically navigation and direction devices are jammed, so is the camera transporting events from the shuttle, and both astronauts get tired just like that. Every time I watch that I go like WTF just happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"