• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 How can they do the Symbiote storyline justice in Webbs franchise?

Have one movie where Spidey's wearing it, and one movie with Venom. That's the only way to do it justice.

This is what I think will happen....

It has been said Richard Parkers research that Norman is after is the venom symbiote as it cures cancer in USM so maybe Peter uses this to enhance himself to battle the Sinister Six? Then maybe something goes wrong bc of his body being an experiment already and it rejects it eventually creating Venom setting up for ASM4 where Peter literally has to fight his father's legacy. I think that's a great way to introduce Venom while involving the parents thread as well as involving it against the Sinister Six. I could see this happening almost exactly over the next 2 films.

This is what I think will happen....

It has been said Richard Parkers research that Norman is after is the venom symbiote as it cures cancer in USM so maybe Peter uses this to enhance himself to battle the Sinister Six? Then maybe something goes wrong bc of his body being an experiment already and it rejects it eventually creating Venom setting up for ASM4 where Peter literally has to fight his father's legacy. I think that's a great way to introduce Venom while involving the parents thread as well as involving it against the Sinister Six. I could see this happening almost exactly over the next 2 films.

I like this idea, hopefully we get a nod to Eddie Brock somewhere in the next movie to set that up for TASM 4. Introduce Bugle, introduce Brock.

Do it the way Ultimate Marvel did. "Richard wanted to help people, developed a bio-suit, and lost it to a corporation (Trask Industries)." Change the company to Oscorp, since we know Movie Richard worked with them, and maybe change the profit motivation to Norman's greater attempt to reverse his illness.

As for Eddie, instead of his father co-developing the suit, cut out the middle man and make him Richard's old colleague. Years later, he resurfaces and takes out his frustrations on Peter. That way he's closer to his classic age range and build, but without the floppy Sin Eater origin that's never really worked out. They should avoid making him Peter's age; it'll bring back too many comparisons to Topher's portrayal.

Above all, Venom needs to have a stronger connection to Peter than he has in the past. The Spectacular cartoon's Eddie worked so well because they realized this and plotted out his character arc from the start.

I hope it doesn't happen in TASM3. It would remind people too much about Spider-Man 3.

There is a Venom reference in the trailer in one shot! As I have said the Venom suit is stored at Oscorp bc on the screen it says "Venom Storage" as well as a reference to Morbius so I guess we'll be seeing both of them down the line at some point. I'm pretty sure Richard Parkers research is the symbiote suit and it'll be a big reveal in ASM2 where we will see the Venom suit in storage.

CBM.com just posted an article with a picture of the screen with the Venom reference.

Def on board with whoever mentioned the USM idea. It's the way to go, especially at this rate. IF they do the symbiote storyline...

Just combine USM with Spectacular Spider-man.

Last edited:
alien symboite, found by oscorp years ago, and stored away.

Dunno if you guys saw this yet, but...

81PUVCT.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"