How Do You Treat Your Collectibles?

Arkady Rossovich

Superhero
Reaction score
This sub forum is obviously for the fans who like the collectible aspect of comics.So,i have a special question for you.How do you treat your products?Do you buy them,and never open them,out of thoughts it might become valuable?

Do you open them,and put them on a shelf for display?Do you play with them,as you would with any other product or toy?Tell us what you do,keep in mind this poll is meant for various things,not only action figures.Think about your collection,then vote what best represents your method.

Well I currently buy a fig, open it, play with it a little bit, then I put it on dsplay in my collection.

But I used to buy two keep one MOC and put the other on Display,

With me it just depends. Some of my DCD Batman figures I leave MOC while some I open and directly display.

everyone knows my answer:

I Buy Two Items,One For Play/Display..One For My Collection

Buy one, play with them a little, then put them in my collection. Then play with them some more.

SpiderHulkThing said:
everyone knows my answer:

I Buy Two Items,One For Play/Display..One For My Collection

People made fun of me when I did that

Roughneck said:

I never did bro. I've always had your back.

*puts knife slowly back in pocket.....*

Roughneck said:

my dad actually opened up my closet the other day. then he opened up another. he said i need to stop collecting toys. but i've never been a good listener.

I was really hoping to stop doing the doubles after hasbro took over. but annihulus is just so freaking sweet and so are p. hulk and herc. so i might as well just keep the whole series mint too.

Keep it going bro. I wanna see some pics of that s*** one day. Dizzamn.

Buy them, open em and they're then displayed. They're left posed, to collect dust and look pretty.

I buy one and open it. Then play/display it.

Buy them, open em and they're then displayed. They're left posed, to collect dust and look pretty.

icon14.gif

SHT you shouldn't keep your MOCs in the closet......you need to sisplay them with pride make the part of your collection.....Do I hve to dig out my Old Hallway pics?

I has an absolutel complete set of Toybiz MLs 1-12 (All figs, all Varients, all sight change reissues) All lining my hallway...it looked awesome....made me feel a little geeky

SHT you shouldn't keep your MOCs in the closet......you need to sisplay them with pride make the part of your collection.....Do I hve to dig out my Old Hallway pics?

I has an absolutel complete set of Toybiz MLs 1-12 (All figs, all Varients, all sight change reissues) All lining my hallway...it looked awesome....made me feel a little geeky

exactly why I don't do it. :cwink:

I don't think they'd look that good displayed anywhere in my house, or at least the one I'm in now.

I'm actually going through and taking inventory of all my MOC figs and all the loose figs I have in various boxes. It's starting to be a pain.

Funny thing is, I wouldn't be suprised if I just end up giving most of my MOC stuff to any kids I may have down the road that want them. I have mixed feelings about whether I want my kids to share the same hobby.

I buy it, open it, put it in my collection.

I only have a couple figures where I have one opened one and one sealed one.

Who knew that people but only 1 item,i thought people were more die-hard and bought for play and collections.Personally,if the figure or item had potential to be valueable,i wouldnt open it.

I have some MOC, but rarely do I find a reason to buy doubles. I buy it and usually I know what I'm gonna do to begin with. But most of my stuff is loose and directly displayed. Especially my DC Direct figures that I open. They aren't for playing anyway.

Well, I still buy one and play with it a little and put in in my collection...except for the Hydra Agent....I currently have six, all in my collection......and at the moment my collection is a pile on the floor.

Fun Fact, my first post in this thread was on the road.....Jan 4th I believe I would have been in Redding California.

i buy it then open it. but if i think its gonna be worth somthing i keep it closed.

like the destroyer varient. but 9.9 times out of 10 i open it

Who knew that people but only 1 item,i thought people were more die-hard and bought for play and collections.Personally,if the figure or item had potential to be valueable,i wouldnt open it.
no toys today will ever have a great value
i buy one, and play with them
they go on my shelf, but the continuously get take down and played with
they are toys,not statues

Pride is right... only time there priced high is when there in demand.. which is usually the first few years there out.. and thats about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"