How Long Will You Post On The Hype?

redmarvel said:
As long as I have a job with a computer connected to the internet and the site isn't blocked... I always get into work early but I refuse to work for time I'm not going to be paid for.
bwaaaahahaha!!
that is so true!
seeing as how i don't have personal comuter IN my house, i feel i am forced to put myself out there while at work.
and if that involves getting paid for NOT doing said work, that's their problem.

WEBSENSE!! PLEASE DON'T BLOCK THIS SITE!!

I know that will never happen, that's why I said it.

:p Some great Erz, Equint, Wilhelm and JAL exchanges in this thread. I'll stick around forever to see more of that.

as long as I get news, celeb gossip, mindless facts, superhero movie over analyzing, and lies about hooking up with supermodel call girls... i'm here till i die..

or at least until JAL commits suicide.

I didn't read all 7 pages so my apologizes if this was brought up.

Well...this thread made me laugh. Seriously! Most of you will not be coming back in 2 or 3 years. Trust me! I joined the hype in 2002 when I was in college and I used to be on ALL THE TIME. Fast-forward to 4 years and I'm barely on. Yeah, I've been lately quite a bit but usually I'm never on. Once you finish and get a job and what-not you just don't have time for this stuff.

Also, when I joined there was a s--tload of people who no longer come here. Which is proof that its not only me who doesn't have time. Well, atleast, I visit whenever I get a chance but there's literally people who just disappeared.

Colossal Spoons said:
JAL's said many times that his dad isn't too fond of him :(

I wonder why. :whatever:

if he's this crazy over this chic online.. imagine his room?

I picture his house part texas chainsaw massacre/wild bill/house of wax/the creepiest **** you ever seen.

Well, I've pretty much been posting on here regularly for almost five years...it's safe to say I'll waste another five years on here as well. So, around 2010 or 2011, give or take.

i'm still here...alas

but look how many of our fellow hype members are no more

I've been around since it was just Spider-Man Hype and cast was just in the rumor phase. I figure I'll be around until the last superhero falls.

Until my computer tears up & I can't afford another one. Already been coming here for many years but haven't really posted all that much.

I think what happens sometimes on internet forums is that some people come on the boards and they talk all cool, tough, know it all etc etc, because that is easy to get away with on an anonymous internet board...but the thing is, real things happen on these boards, real s*** goes down that affect people's lifes, and the reality of who you are can come out when you do not want it to, either because you have been trying to hide that part of yourself, or because parts of yourself have been exposed that you did not know where there, so your whole approach to the board has to change.
I know i have almost walked from forums before, sometimes because of stuff that i have done, sometimes because of stuff done to me.
But if you have ****ed up gloriously on a forum, you have to come to terms with it, and realise that the way you presented yourself before will not work anymore, and I think some people will have a hard time with that, because they are so used to presenting themselves as a cool, no-nonsense, tough person who is beyond reproach and honorable etc etc, in other words, the way they *want* themselves to be, as opposed to who they really are.
I know I have had to do this when coming back to boards after ****ing up, and other people are going to have to learn to do that themselves too.
because you have to earn back people's trust, and that can take a long time, whether you have ****ed up by being inconsiderate and selfish, or whether you gave been lying to people and doing things behind their backs.
I've seen it happen before, and things change on the forum for good, that's what happens in real life, and that's what happens on forums like this, because as I said, real serious things go on, and the fallout from these things cannot be avoided, or can be swept under the carpet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"