How should the DCU approach Hal Jordan and Barry Allen?

Chris B

Sidekick
Reaction score
To state the obvious, two iconic iterations of the Flash and Green Lantern have been tarnished by bad movies and box office flops. So how should Gunn handle the characters? Reintroduce them or just focus on the other versions of the Flash and Green Lantern?

I'd play into the legacy aspect of both these titles. Take a post-crisis approach with the Flash and start off with Barry dead and Wally West having already taken up the mantle. I think Hal Jordan works in a mentor role with John Stewart or Kyle Rayner as the main Green Lantern.

Well we know Lanterns will be about Hal and John. For Flash, the role will be recast regardless, so I don't think it'll make much of a difference who they use. I highly doubt another solo movie franchise is in the cards anytime soon.

Personally, I hope we start the universe with a League already formed, with John and Wally as the GL/Flash in the first JL movie, even if they say that Hal/Barry were the founding members.

Wally > Barry by far. He’s the better character. In fact, one could argue that the Flash in Grant Gustin’s show is probably more in line with typical iterations of Wally than Barry; especially in the earlier seasons when the show was actually good and well-received.

So yeah, I’d give Barry a rest. Not because he needs to be distanced from Ezra Miller’s version, but simply because Wally is a superior character.

I say - No more Barry Allen as "The Flash" in the next decade or two as the main Flash. He got enough exposure and it's time to move on from him to a different Flash. Preferably Wally West.

I would have Hal Jordan as the main Lantern and John Stewart being a #2 Lantern so like think buddy action cops in a buddy action cop movie like think Lethal Weapon but in space and for the Flash, I would still go with Barry Allen but go more in depth with his origins

To state the obvious, two iconic iterations of the Flash and Green Lantern have been tarnished by bad movies and box office flops. So how should Gunn handle the characters? Reintroduce them or just focus on the other versions of the Flash and Green Lantern?

I'd play into the legacy aspect of both these titles. Take a post-crisis approach with the Flash and start off with Barry dead and Wally West having already taken up the mantle. I think Hal Jordan works in a mentor role with John Stewart or Kyle Rayner as the main Green Lantern.
They should be the main flash and green lantern and also be best friends like in the comics!!! Would be so cool to see the blackest night get adapted in live action too

In the Justice League movie I think they should use John and Wally.

But I’d love a Justice League International movie with Guy.

Instead of building up to things that will never happen Before another reboot, just introduce an established DCU. I want to see Wally and Barry, along with Kyle, John, Hal, Guy. Give me all of them!

I want several lanterns, but I especially want Jessica Cruz as she is the most fascinating of all the Lanterns, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"