• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

More than the collar and the accent lines, the thing that's really been bugging me is how much the suit is bunched up around his shoulders, making it look loose, but after looking at Peacemaker's suit, while he's sitting down slouched, I'm not too concerned anymore. I'm sure it'll look just fine when he's standing straight.

1715481703296.png

Okay but then why claim someone else was splitting hairs and exaggerating then? Especially when your first post was literal exaggeration. If your main point is something else entirely, then there is no reason for these parts of your argument. Felt like you were trying to belittle DK's point.
When it’s 18-25, I don’t think saying 30 is an exaggeration. But this is a qualitative distinction and I don’t expect everyone will agree. I felt like the focus on 30 vs 18-25 has been belittling my point, so I’m not really sure what you want me to say. No one has really addressed the main point.

Edit: As for why to include numbers, the reason is this: the main point is that it was a VERY long time before the studio had produced a quality production on the big screen, and the numbers support that (whether 18-25 or precisely 30).

Last edited:
I know tv and film are not entirely the same but Superman fans be acting like the character has been absent from live action for years. When you get all these adaptations, being on the big screen or not...you've been well fed since the 80s.
02beca430b013635982bdf115659d12f4373a31e.jpg
Dean Cain jumping off screen ≠ Chris Reeve suspended on wires over a projected image lol. As a kid, I just wanted to see a man fly again. I desperately wanted the studio to put actual money behind this character that I really love. And they weren’t doing that.

When it’s 18-25, I don’t think saying 30 is an exaggeration. But this is a qualitative distinction and I don’t expect everyone will agree. I felt like the focus on 30 vs 18-25 has been belittling my point, so I’m not really sure what you want me to say. No one has really addressed the main point.

Edit: As for why to include numbers, the reason is this: the main point is that it was a VERY long time before the studio had produced a quality production on the big screen, and the numbers support that (whether 18-25 or precisely 30).
The main point hasn't been addressed because instead of just conceding the hard numbers and then moving on to that point, you decided to focus the conversation on that.

Like the whole 18-25 thing. It's 19 years (18 for the costume reveal). If you're going to include every Batman flick on the list (I personally love them but that's not the point) then there is no reason to do differently with Supes.

Last edited:
18-25 years. You’re deliberately choosing the lower bound. And either way, I’m an engineer. I get how numbers work. I can multiply by 2. But the exact number here doesn’t have any impact, whatsoever, on my main point. So you’re focusing on something that doesn’t remotely affect what I’m saying in the slightest. I don’t understand the obsession with exact numbers. It just doesn’t matter.
You never said 25 originally, you said 30. Stop trying to move the goal posts.

And by the way, I am a construction lawyer. I make a living off of engineers like you screwing up the numbers. If you guys didn't, I would be out of a job. :funny:

That would be a lame, sanitized route to go in imo. Just bc DC isn't at the height of it's potential doesn't mean they should churn out something safe. Going into the creative process thinking that they have to make something that's a shoo-in to land for everybody sounds like some committee made product.

I totally agree that DC/WB shouldn't go the safe route and do something bold with character. But ironically, this is exactly the feeling I get from this very MCUesque costume...
That first picture looks exactly like what I imagine a 2010s comitee made Superman movie to look like and I hope that, in the end, this film will try to be more than that same CBM they try to feed us since 15 years. That genre is so creatively broke, it would be too special an opportunity to miss not to do something fresh from every angle with the character that started it all.

You never said 25 originally, you never said 30. Stop trying to move the goal posts.

And by the way, I am a construction lawyer. I make a living off of engineers like you screwing up the numbers. If you guys didn't, I would be out of a job. :funny:

This is probably the most interesting debate I've read on this forum in 17 years. I hope it continues for at least another 3 pages. :o

But ironically, this is exactly the feeling I get from this very MCUesque costume...
That first picture looks exactly like what I imagine a 2010s comitee made Superman movie to look like and I hope that, in the end, this film will try to be more than that same CBM they try to feed us since 15 years.

Well, I wouldn't agree with any of that. Idk how you came to the conclusiong of that image looking like a 2010s committee made Superman movie. I've also seen this MCU take and it seems like it's only because it has lines (very minimal at that) on it? It's not overly accessorized with pouches and zips and gauntlets or flooded with piping. But I digress in both instances.

& Gunn has probably been the most singular CBM director of the last 10 years so I doubt he'll be looking to do that.

Last edited:
You never said 25 originally, you said 30. Stop trying to move the goal posts.

:lmao: /s

And yet, you define calling 30 “almost double” 17 as an exaggeration? Fascinating.
No, I don’t. I call it exaggeration to pick the lower bound on a range. As I explained, I was originally thinking closer to 25, because S3 and S4 are dog**** and didn’t come to mind for me. So my original estimate was off, but it makes perfect sense how I arrived at 30 after a split second of thought. What difference does it make?

Guys, I’m done. This is a worthless conversation with a bunch of people collectively ganging up over irrelevant details. Hope you guys had fun.

No, I don’t. I call it exaggeration to pick the lower bound on a range. As I explained, I was originally thinking closer to 25, because S3 and S4 are dog**** and didn’t come to mind for me. So my original estimate was off, but it makes perfect sense how I arrived at 30 after a split second of thought. What difference does it make?

Guys, I’m done. This is a worthless conversation with a bunch of people collectively ganging up over irrelevant details. Hope you guys had fun.
I think you just got caught in defensive the weeds fir a bit. We've all been there (or at least, I know I have 😅).

If you'd just said 'oh yeah, I wasn't thinking of S3 & S4' the debate wouldn't have flourished as it did.

For the record, I agree that your original point would have carried the same weight whether you'd said 30 years or 17 years.

I wouldn't bet on it but if a theme of the story is Clark finding a balance between his human and alien heritage, with the suit itself being from Krypton and gets damaged in the climax, I could see a scenario where the films ends with Superman having streamlined the suit to show more of an "Earthly" influence and you have something like the Kingdom Come emblem being replace with the classic shield. Kind of like how how the Milano got totaled in the first GOTG and Star-Lord got a new ship at the end.
Just my opinion, but I suspect if this does come from the FOS
( and most likely it does )
there could be multiple different super suits.
It would make sense.

1+1=2. Now, back to your regular programming.

While I'm not a fan of the collar or the New 52 suit, this fan manip looks way better than what we saw revealed. Even I actually think this looks surprisingly good.

View attachment 90216
I’m hate the edits to the hair AND the collar. Both are huge downgrades imo. The “v” from the New 52 suit is what gives it that militaristic feel that made me hate the collar. The collar we got looks cozy, which is much more appropriate for Clark imo.

I’m hate the edits to the hair AND the collar. Both are huge downgrades imo. The “v” from the New 52 suit is what gives it that militaristic feel that made me hate the collar. The collar we got looks cozy, which is much more appropriate for Clark imo.
I can't wait to see the top not bunched up, so people can shut up about how David doesn't look big. 😤

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"