• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Question about Hal Jordan and racism

opps, bit of a mistake - i've corrected it now

UK_Stu said:
Have you not read any of the replies, people have posted to your posts???

Yes, I have read the comics in question and no Hal Jordan isn't and never has been a racist. Looking at single panels simply doesn't enable you to see the story in context. There are many many examples of how this has been done in lots of comics and the characters implicated aren't racist in any regard.

Of course it will depend on the views of the writer, but Denny O'Neil cetainly wasn't racist and never intended Gl to be.

I have indeed read the responces, and they seem to be split with some thinking he is racist and some thinking he isn't. Even with people who have read the comic it seems split. I haven't read them so I don't know.

I wasn't saying that the O'Neil was racist, I was saying the opposite.
But if he was shown to be racist at all, even a little, it was to confront the racism back then. I have heard that Neil Adams liked to do stuff like that and probably O'Neil did too. So it is possible that they used Hal to bring up social issues.

I haven't read it, but it seems like if they did make him sort of racist then he also grew and changed and saw how wrong he was.
I don't think DC, or Marvel, would let one of their main characters be written as a racist for no reason other than to make him racist.

Assassin 2 said:
Did I misspell Lurked?
No, I was underscoring the fact that I'm not one of those ex-lurkers-turned-posters.

Why are you Assassin 2 now? Did you get banned when I wasn't looking?

No, i was using it to vote in a poll in community.

Who were you before?

Ever meet a parrot person?

They don't know anybetter but they "parrot" what everyone around them says about things they don't know.

At the risk of sounding rude,.. Hal Jordan was never around minorities except those in a subserviant position, (Pieface anyone?).

As such he went with the crowd and Parroted his behavior based on the others around him.

Racist? No.

Varient said:
Ever meet a parrot person?

They don't know anybetter but they "parrot" what everyone around them says about things they don't know.

At the risk of sounding rude,.. Hal Jordan was never around minorities except those in a subserviant position, (Pieface anyone?).

As such he went with the crowd and Parroted his behavior based on the others around him.

Racist? No.

If that were true it would mean that he mimiced the behavior's of a
[or many]racist.Which would make him a Biggot or ignorant for not knowing any better!

sto_vo_kor_2000 said:
If that were true it would mean that he mimiced the behavior's of a
[or many]racist.Which would make him a Biggot or ignorant for not knowing any better!
Strangely enough there are people who do as others do "just to fit in" or "just in case" which if you get them to take one step to the side and look at it from the outside looking in that it's poor or racist behavior.

But untill you do that, they won't know any better.

V.

But thats sort of what happens to Hal I think. They wrote him to change and see how wrong he was and he became a better person right?

I would like to consider Leaguer and Darth the best and most certainly coolest posters on the comic book forums. Not only cause you share my hate of the evil that is hal but you guys also are just down right opionated and thats what this place needs. So to Darth and Leaguer I salute you and no this isnt an ego stroke it is a simple post saying i respect you two.

I would like to consider Leaguer and Darth the best and most certainly coolest posters on the comic book forums. Not only cause you share my hate of the evil that is hal but you guys also are just down right opionated and thats what this place needs. So to Darth and Leaguer I salute you and no this isnt an ego stroke it is a simple post saying i respect you two.

Thou I personlly agree with you and enjoy reading both of these guys post's....................I have never seen a better exsample of brown noising in my life dude!:woot:

Just kidding dude.

I've gotta give props to Trop. That lil' tropical toaster is the wind beneath our wings.

Thou I personlly agree with you and enjoy reading both of these guys post's....................I have never seen a better exsample of brown noising in my life dude!:woot:

Just kidding dude.

Not brown nosing no no no lol, brown nosing is what you do to get something. I'm simply giving Leaguer and Darth there due respect.

I've gotta give props to Trop. That lil' tropical toaster is the wind beneath our wings.

No, no, no; my wind is but a gentle fart compared to the mighty zephyr that are your one liners!

But I think what leaguer is trying to say in that your farts stink up the place so that him and Darths zephyr's mearly obliterate the enemy standing against them.

(Rolling EYES and adjusting leg-pant level while reaching for shovel,...

nah, whats impressive is how well you suck on my dick. especially the way you just choke on it while looking at me. some good **** right there. always find it funny when i struck a chord with you. probably the most *****iest person on earth. heh, im glad the boys is cancelled. i love seeing you ***** and moan. now all thats left is Zauriel to die,hopefully in that one shot. i'll be there to lick the sweet tears off your cheeks leaguer.

This quote explains everything you need to know about leaguer.

I wish someone stroke my ego. giggidy giggidy

I miss golden age hero, he should post more often.

What the f*** is up with your signature? Are you declareing war on Phere or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"